• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT Best Game ever?

How do you think Ocarina of Time is overated? You were three years old when it was released...Maybe at that point in time, but dude its been 10 years.

Yeah, I believe you had to be born at least a couple of years within the release of Ocarina to really appreciate it as much as it should be. Its too bad that most young gamers today are stuck with games like Halo, which they think is the greatest game ever, because they didn't have the privelage to play a truly great game like Ocarina. They just don't make em' the way they used to....

Z

zeldafan999

it is one of the best games of all time but then it just had to be followed up by majoras mask which was bad

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Yeah, I believe you had to be born at least a couple of years within the release of Ocarina to really appreciate it as much as it should be. Its too bad that most young gamers today are stuck with games like Halo, which they think is the greatest game ever, because they didn't have the privelage to play a truly great game like Ocarina. They just don't make em' the way they used to....
A lot of people that grew up with the Nes say Halo is the best thing ever as well. I don't see it, myself.
But I agree about the younger people. They just turn away from games like Zelda, just because it's Nintendo, and too 'kiddy'.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
Personally I think OoT is overrated as well, but hear me out before you start attacking me...

I think that people think OoT was so awesome just because it was 3D, not for the playing value. If you made LoZ, AoL, and ALttP in 3D I can almost guarantee people would think they're better. They already have a better storyline and most Zelda fans who have played all (or nearly all) of the Zelda games like them better than OoT. Turn a classic into 3D, and people would go crazy.

My point is, I don't think a lot of people recognize the game as the "best", but a lot of them do recognize the 3D and visual effects it has over the classics.

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
i like most of the legend of zelda games and one of my favorite is OoT. but like most people i like a diffrant one. i love BULLY!!!!it's really AWESOME!!!you all should try it. but any way i like pretty much(and i mean all of them)like all of the legend of zelda games!!they should make one thats combinds all the games toghther!!

T

Thewindmaker

I personally agree with Masses first comment. That the games must be grouped together in the appropriate groups.

For N64 my order of best games are.

OOT
MM
Conkers
banjo twooie
Golden eye
perfect dark

I must say though, as some people found OOT easy when they played it, I found it very difficult and challenging. The reason for that is becuase I was 8 when I started playing the game. It took months to beat and thats why I love Zelda so much. I thought it was a great game and enjoyed the countless hours spent on attempting to beat it.

A

ADeadlySilence

OoT is my second favorite Zelda game next to Twilight Princess, sometimes they flip flop too. It was a very creative story line, if only the graphics were upped more.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
OoT is the best ZELDA game ever. It isn't the best game in the world though. But that is my opinion. I like a lot of game like Madden08 and NBAstreetV3. And I haven't played TP yet (my mom says it is to expensive and I have to wait untill the prices drop). But overall it is a good game.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Majora's Mask is da best game ever.... such a deep storyline, innovative gameplay, lots and lots of sidequests...a great piece of art

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
^^

Yes. You can mention non-zelda games. A lot of other people did. Even I said two non-zelda games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom