• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

OoT-N64 Oot 3DS VS. Oot N64

T

ToonLinkFreak

Which one do you prefer? Personally, I'd choose... GASP... 3DS version. Why? Better graphics more intuitive gameplay with the motion sensors and it's in 3D. I guess because I'm new generation, as some people would say. Lol. So? What about you?

jack546

The chosen one
I HATE HATE HATE the 3DS version it was a cash grab and will NEVER amount to the rovolutionary N64 version that we all know and love. Now that I have actually played the game i wish to retract my previous statement.

Last edited:
i agree with you the 3ds is cool but yeah its better but n64 had like no lioading times since it was a cartrige and 3ds loads likea little but n64 was instant

Majora's Cat

How about that
I HATE HATE HATE the 3DS version it was a cash grab and will NEVER amount to the rovolutionary N64 version that we all know and love.

The OP is asking which you prefer, as in which version you think is a more enjoyable game. I would rather not factor in how great a title was for its time when discussing which version is superior in my opinion today. The question is, however, which do you prefer, so I guess it could just mean personal preference, regardless of the advancement of technology. If I had the choice to have either one or the other, I would choose the 3DS version just because it was specifically built from the ground up to be a bigger, better version of the original.

Having played the N64 version but not the 3DS, I'm not in the strongest position to comment on the subject, but the obvious choice should be Ocarina of Time 3D. Fans may level the argument that OoT for the N64 was revolutionary and mind-boggling for its time, it has been eclipsed by genuinely better games (including Zelda) over the past 14 years.

OoT 3D features the visuals that Nintendo intended for the original to have, and even gives Master Quest an update. The control scheme is simplified but probably not as comfortable, but the sheer amount of revisions and improvements combined with the inclusion of a completely remastered Master Quest is enough to get me on board the 3DS train.

OoT 3DS. I love the way you can aim with the motion sensors, the graphics are way better, and going through the Water Temple and Shadow Temple isn't such a CHORE due to the fact that the boots are equippable items now. Plus, the item screen is easily accessed and the character text displays much faster. Sorry, N64 version!

i actually dont like the "better graphics" for the 3DS, so id rather play the N64. plus when im playing a game as big and awesome as that i prefer to play it on an home console :)

C

Cojiro

the Water Temple and Shadow Temple isn't such a CHORE due to the fact that the boots are equippable items now.

This was the biggest improvement in my opinion, it made the game play much smoother. The constant pausing and unpausing in the N64 can really get a player down. 3DS is my preferred choice.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I actually can't choose. I believe that the graphics are a bit better on the 3DS, and you can't argue that it's more portible! But... I still love the feel of the classic N64 controller in my hands after a long day at work..
I love the touch screen/inventory controls being on the second screen as well... so maybe perhaps with the new Nintendo console we will have a Zelda with that! That'd be AWESOME!

The 3DS did have better graphics but when the N64 came out it was absolutely stunning because it was so new.

In terms of gameplay, I would choose the 3DS version. The touch screen changed the way it was played, and the added slots for easy convenience made complicated tasks a whole lot easier. Also, the graphics and 3D effect are excellent. But the N64 version was such a classic of its time, so both are incredible in my opinion.

N64 ftw because of the many more fun glitches it has. The 3d version kept some but not hovering or supersliding which let you go about any where quickly and out of order.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I'm going to go with the N64 version. Granted it doesn't have all the updated graphics and interface like the 3DS one, but it was the original and when it first came out as being the first Zelda 3D, it was mind-blowing. I'm never going to forget the first time I played this game and how amzaing it looked especially for its time.

What's grey?
The 64 version did have way more glitches to mess with, although the 3DS version does bring new glitches to the table too. (Easily use Farore's wind anywhere and NewGame+ for example)
-
I like the 3d version better. I like the boss replay, the new control scheme (boots especially).
Also, portability has allowed me to log 150+ hours of play already ;)
Something playing on console wouldn't let me do. (Parents would tell me to get off.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom