• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oops...

Do you ever have those moments... where the answer is so obvious, or could easily be inferred yet, for the life of you, couldn't figure it out?

Some people refer to these as dumb blond moments, others refer to them as brain farts....

You know you've had one if someone has directly told you the answer and you go... "ooooohhhh WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT?"

Share your experiences here...

---------------

My experience was on Thursday with a technician at a computer repair shop. My compy has to go in for maintenance, and I needed to create a back up, I had tried on an external hard drive and failed, I tried on a DVD and I failed and I couldnt for the life of me figure out why the backup wasnt working...

So i went in to go pay for services and when they told me it was $90, I was like "I dont have that kind of money for something that should take 2 clicks" then he revealed to me my problem. I have 250 gb in use.... I was trying to put my backup on something with 4gb... The back up file was going to be as large as the thing it was backing up... Should have been a no brainier right?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Once I couldn't remember where the Kokiri sword was located in OoT. I was 11 and I've had since I was 6 and played on it a regular basis.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
It was a math problem. It was specifically a geometry-algebra mix problem that had to do with a polygon that had polygons inside and I needed to find an angle measure. So I spent about 10 minutes figuring it out, and then I finally got the answer. Then the teacher demonstrated how to do that problem the next day. I couldn't believe that he was done in one second using a property I didn't think of at the time.

OotLord1003

Young Link
...Uh...I think one time I was leaving for starbucks, so I grabbed my stuff (Laptop, Ipod, Zelda Manga, ect.)...and I couldn't find my sun glasses. So I was searching the entire house, and just as I was about to leave....it was in my hand with the rest of the stuff I was taking with me...:facepalm:

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
Once I was playing castle crashers for the first time (awesome game BTW) and I beat the first boss, then a chest appeared and I opened it and recived lots of treasure! hen the game told me to cut the ropes that tied the princess to a wooden pole and I did that, dropping her safely to the ground. I spent the next 2 hours trying to leave the room, I attacked the background enimies and nothing happened, I slashed at the wooden doors and nothing happened, I tried jumping over everything and nothing happened. eventully I acidentally touched the princess and my knight proceeded to make out with her as the game gave me my level stats and pointed me in the direction of the next level. I facepalmed so hard. all I needed to do was TOUCH A PRINCESS and I wasted TWO HOURS NOT DOING THAT

E

Emily

I've done that in Super Mario Galaxy 2 alot. Sometimes I just walk off the edge and not notice.:facepalm:

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
During my first playthrough of WW I completely missed a Triforce Chart, totally oblivious that I did. I started to get all the map fish locations, played around on the Islands and found a Hyoi Pear puzzle. I did it went through the unlocked entrance, and found a Triforces that you have to play the Wind's Requiem. I did so and got the last Triforce Chart. My response was a well deserved facepalm.

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
Well, I had that moment in French class. The teacher asked me what 'to cook' meant. I spent a good five minutes there in class, with everyone watching, and I couldn't figure it out. Finally the teacher gave me the answer, 'cuisiner', and I was like OOOOOHHHHH YEEEAAAHHH!!!! It was funny. :lol:

HAHA oh i have had so many moments were im like oh wait that was stupid saying this to myself of course
my most recent one was probabaly when i went to drop my friend off at the airport cuz she was picking up her boyfriend
now there are the departures and arrivals as i see these signs i say out loud "which one do i go to"
which soon after i was like that sounded stupid and i knew i was supposed to go to arrivals
haha i felt so dum at that moment :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom