• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ONM: SS is Easier Than OOT and TP and You Can Beat the Game Without Upgrading Items..

Hi,

So this is what ONM says.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/10/more-skyward-sword-details-from-onm/

• No Tingle
• There are three unconnected chunks of Hyrule that you access from the Sky Realm by flying through one of the three portals in the clouds: Eldin Volcano, Faron Woods and the desert area
• You can hit down on the D-pad to re-centre the cursor
You can finish the game without upgrading a single item or potion.
• All of the NPCs are named characters
• Most of the NPCs have their own house on the island
• Many NPC sidequests reward you with gratitude points, which are then used on another, larger side-quest
A reviewer says Skyward Sword is easier than Ocarina Of Time and Twilight Princess
• He/she also hints at other returning characters
• The main theme is used in some creative, goosebump-inducing ways
• The Wind Waker’s Great Sea is larger than the Sky overworld
• Hyrule has been identifyed as the land below
• The dark-skinned blonde woman is a very important character, and one you might remember from another Zelda game

I think this is very disappointing. If this turns out to be true I might even not buy the game.
What do you think?

someone else said it was the HARDEST ZELDA EVER, hearing both this things make me a little puzzled, also, I like that the upgrades are optional, because it will make the minimalist version harder :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The Sheikah is definitely a younger Impa, in my opinion. Though their lifespan has never been confirmed, I bet they're able to live for centuries through the blessing of the goddesses, since they watch over the Royal Family.

I think it's not the exact SAME person as in OOT or another Zelda game, but rather just a different Sheikah character who is actually named Sheik. Let's say she is the REAL Sheik, whereas OOTs Sheik was just Zelda in disguise.

I'm slightly concerned about the "easier than OoT and TP" part, as well. Hopefully, it's true what others have said about SS being harder. However, I don't see it as a problem that upgrades aren't required. That said, it seems to me like the larger mandible for the Beetle would be required...

I think the guy just got accustomed to the controls very quickly and attributed this to the game's difficulty level instead of his own talent. Solely the fact that you have to swing your sword in a specific direction in order to properly hit an enemy should be proof enough to demonstrate that Skyward Sword's combat system is indeed harder than previous 3D Zelda games. I wouldn't worry too much, we'll be alright!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Concerning the difficulty, you have to remember this was stated by someone who reviewed the game, likely after playing it, so he/she might be more experienced or effective with a Wiimote. That said, I wouldn't base the hard/easy degree on one person, because it'll be different for everybody. For example, I'm typically a casual gamer, so I'll have to step up another level in order to bring down my foes and solve puzzles. Overall, though, I believe SS will flow very smoothly and to a degree that fits us all.

I wouldn't worry about one person's playthrough saying it was even easier than OoT or TP. Thareous makes sense when saying that some people are just more proficient and adaptive. Whenever my mother used to play Zelda, she'd go through the entire dungeon but when she got to the boss she'd always call me in to deal with them. She could do it but I could do it considerably faster. I've never really gotten stuck in a Zelda game. I've always kinda known what to do without even really being told. It's just an example of people's individual thinking patterns and adaptations.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I seriously doubt that SS is easier than TP- I think Nintendo would've learned their lesson after all the complaining about how easy TP was.
If it's about the same level of difficulty as OoT or maybe just a little easier, that would be ok, but hopefully there's at least a good amount of challenge for us more experienced Zelda gamers.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Minimalist run here I come ;)
I'm planning on doing a minimalist run on SS at launch..
Noob at game + Minimalist run attempt = Awesome Frustrating Hard experience :D

OH! And Steve... about that not buying the game part... NEVER base what you think the game will be like to you based off of someone else's playthrough and results. For one, you don't know the reviewer and how they're personal tastes are. Two, your own unique likes and dislikes will make the game a unique experience to you that someone else may not feel or see. Just cause someone says that some thing isn't going to be great doesn't mean anything. I'm sure you'll enjoy the game if you enjoy Zelda. I know I will and I've been an avid Zelda fan my entire life, I was taught video games with Zelda by my mom before my conscious memory was even active (she'd sit me in her lap and put my hands on the controller and play with my fingers under hers.) My end point... just play and enjoy dude :) because that's the only way you'll ever know if you like it. :)

I think the Sheikah is perhaps the founder of Kakariko Village (who is not Impa).
If the game is too easy, will I be disappointed? Yes. Will I buy it? Of course! I'd say when it comes to gameplay and story, I'm a sucker for a good story more than good gameplay elements . . . and this story is looking pretty juicy ^.^

In my opinion, the only way you'd find this to be true is if you actually play the game, as people's definition on easy and hard vary. Unless you are going to download it to try it, of course.

Anyway, I honestly don't really care for reviews whether professional or not. I tend to have almost completely different tastes from other people, so I don't trust any other opinion but my own in most cases. Especially in cases such as this, don't let any one else's opinion affect your own for a game that hasn't even come out yet. Evaluate the game yourself when you play it, then you shall know for sure. You can always just sell the game if you are not satisfied, it's not really a big loss and risks have to be taken sometimes.

I personally shall take the risk. Although I have no qualms toward Skyward Sword and am completely convinced that I will like it, I need to test this "new direction" the series has the potential to take. If not for just the quality of the game I would buy Skyward Sword to check out how my favorite series is doing and where it's going, why would you not do so? Even if you don't like it in the end, you at least know what the series is up to nowadays. Being out of touch just because you felt like you might not like this game is stupid in my opinion, especially if you love Zelda.

But yeah, don't trust pre-release reviewers, and take reviews in general with a grain of sand. I feel that it just pulls wool over your eyes; some people trust reviewers just way too much. Take on this game with your own hands.

Yes, you are right.

But if there will be more reviewers saying that the game is too easy, even though Nintendo had a chance to learn from TP, I doubt I will buy it.
But yes, until now we have had one reviewer calling the game easy and another reviewer calling the game hard, so let's wait for the next couple of reviewers.

It's not really related, but what concerns me the most is what some have said about the dungeons being "short and linear".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom