• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild One thing I'm concerned about.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I think I will just leave this here:

and go...for now.

They are working on localization, bug testing, and polishing. The main development is already done. We know this because the game has started the localization process. This is apparent with the voice acting, text, and everything else. The development of the main game is finished. All of the story, dungeons, mechanics, world design, ect. is finished. Next month they have to start production for the game in order to give copies to ESRB and Famitsu, with games being given to journalists in Early March along with with review copies for the Switch. So the game has to be completely done within 15 days.

It is clear you know nothing about game development. And also:
XD lmfao you posted that video and they said it was coming to the Wii U like 7 times LOL
Lol

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Eiji Aonuma said:
My team and I are VERY BUSY WORKING on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch and Wii U

Um, yeah, "VERY BUSY WORKING" means NOT DONE YET! :dry: Get your head out of lala land and come back to REALITY!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Um, yeah, "VERY BUSY WORKING" means NOT DONE YET! :dry: Get your head out of lala land and come back to REALITY!
Yes. They are bug testing and polishing. Of course they will be very busy working on that. It's an important part of development. But the main game is already finished.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
What do want them to say? "Nah, **** it, we're just sitting on our asses raking in this mobile gaming money. IT'S ZELDA, *****ES, YOU KNOW YOU'RE GONNA BUY IT."

They've given us no reason to believe it's gonna be cancelled.

:dry:

That's just it! I can't take anymore of this backlashing again! I came back because Zelda Universe people were being a pain, hoping change. But that's just it! I keep giving the two sites more and more chances in hopes of someday everyone finally learning to actually respect me for a change, but every time I do, I've already ended up with same thing. Disappointment. That's exactly the problem. I've been way too forgiving towards you people because, in case you people didn't realize by now, I actually happen to have a heart, with feelings and emotions, unlike most people on these forum sites.

No matter how many times I said I wouldn't come back, but yet I did. That is because I actually secretly CARE about you people! All I've ever done was only to just to simply try to get along with you people, be friends, have fun, and most importantly, be helpful. But no matter how many times I try to share my wisdom, you people always seem to love tearing it apart, making fun of it, and just completely ignore it like it doesn't count, like I'm stupid or something, out of complete and utter disrespect.

Well I'm getting sick and tired of that! That's not how you treat your fellow Zelda fans. Heck, that's not how treat anyone for that matter. All you people have ever done every single time I try to share some of my wisdom and opinions, is be so disrespectful and rude to me. Like, literally everything I post just goes in one eye and out the other. That's how it always is! No matter what I would post, you people would always just keep disagreeing with me, even if what I said was plausible. You people never seem to care about anything that I say as you keep showing me with such disrespect that it makes wanna cringe.

You people have no idea how many times I've been so infuriated at you all and others like you. So many times that I've lost count. Now I won't repeat myself again, when I said that releasing the Wii U version of BotW would be a mistake, I was not kidding. That is literally common logical sense! The Wii U is DEAD! D.E.A.D! DEAD! So for last freaking time, releasing a game on that system is pointless now! Production of Wii Us has ended, so anyone who doesn't yet have a Wii U that wants the Wii U version, may have to get a Switch and get the Switch version instead. This especially applies to kids with parent(s) who don't really order from online that much or really hardly ever get used systems. Have you ever thought about that? Apparently not.

This is the last time I am typing in this topic. Maybe even in this forum site all together if I see anymore ridiculous responses from people. And if that's the case, than this time WILL be for REAL! I'm not going to waste my time talking to people who totally disrespect me, my passion for the Zelda franchise and love for Nintendo, my knowledge, and my common sense of logic. You people don't seem to understand that only just want to see Nintendo and the Zelda franchise (as well some of their other franchises like Mario, Metroid, etc) succeed!

And as keep saying, the most logical and beneficial way for the Switch and BotW to be a success is if they cancel the Wii U version. The Wii U will only just be a burden. There is no point in Nintendo keeping the Wii U version as a thing and releasing it. It will only just get in the way. Don't you people get that? Apparently not!

Eh, I'm a pretty innocent bystander who admittedly only came upon this thread because of the staff room on discord, and having literally reviewed every single post in this thread, the most combative and unwillingness to accept others thoughts and opinions seems to be coming from you. And I don't mean that as disrespect, just an honest observation. Yes; you have a valid opinion that releasing it on the Wii U is a bad idea. That doesn't change that it is releasing on it, and your opinion doesn't change others opinions that it doing so is a good thing.

It's all a matter of perspective. Getting combative, argumentative, from you or them responding to you is silly. I'm more passionate about this series than your average joe given I literally cover Zelda for a living, yet I don't see any reason to be as upset as you are. Maybe things in the past are creeping into this reaction, but in this thread, you just have people disagreeing with your opinion. So?

All I'm going to say on the subject, @VitaTempusN92 is that not everyone can afford a Switch, and so they'll be more likely to get a pre owned or refurbished Wii U, which will still likely be sold for at least a couple of years still. Frame drops will happen in a lot of games, and I guarantee you that a lot of people won't care as long as they can play a game that they've been waiting such a long time for.

Secondly, you talk a lot about wanting respect, but respect is earned, and it definitely isn't earned by yelling at people for wanting a game that was announced on the Wii U to be released on the Wii U. If you want us to respect you, then you need to respect us. Even as a moderator, I will straight up refuse to respect someone who won't do me the same in return.

That's it. Make of it as you will.

Indeed, respect isn't assumed but gained. I have some respect in the Zelda community because of what I have done. What I do. What I continue to do. But that's all based upon earning the respect. And a stranger to me doesn't need to respect me either. I'm a Zelda fan. But honestly? This is a discussion forum. I think people make these conversations far too personal. Focus on the ideas, not the people.

Perhaps people would respect you if you would respect other peoples ideas. Instead you form walls of text against people using your "logic" and when people point out holes in that, you threaten/leave the forums.
[quote[
No matter how many times I said I wouldn't come back, but yet I did. That is because I actually secretly CARE about you people! All I've ever done was only to just to simply try to get along with you people, be friends, have fun, and most importantly, be helpful. But no matter how many times I try to share my wisdom, you people always seem to love tearing it apart, making fun of it, and just completely ignore it like it doesn't count, like I'm stupid or something, out of complete and utter disrespect.
Your supposed "wisdom" of this subject is kind of mute. Breath of the Wild has finished development at least 6 months ago, and now it is being localized. There is absolutely nothing you can do it.

Oh no. People disagreeing with you? Man nobody should do that. There is a fine line between "disrespect" and pointing out logical fallacies and disagreeing with other people. You didn't even say was plausible. You literally said that if the game released on Wii U that you would not get the game. Now you are going on a crusade about how the game won't come to Wii U... When it clearly is. We have literally seen the game running on the Wii U 3 months(I hope) before launch.

They are releasing the game because
A. Development has already finished
B. The Wii U userbase is so laughably small that the Wii U won't compete with Switch Sales
C. Nintendo already has already lucrative exclusives, such as Mario Switch to entice Wii U owners to get the Switch.

'Kay. Obviously you, a random person on the internet, knows what is best for Nintendo with no actual facts nor statistics presented, and ignores the facts used to counter him, knows what is best for Nintendo/

The Wii U version isn't going to hurt anything. Just like the GameCube didn't do anything to hurt the Wii. People will still buy BotW for the Switch. The Wii U version will not be hurting a thing just like how: TP on GC didn't hurt anything, Shadows of Mordor on PS3 didn't hurt anything, GTAV on PS3 didn't hurt anything, ect. ect.
In fact, we have years of statistics of successful consoles showing exactly why you are wrong, while you only bring your supposed "wisdom".

BotW is coming to Wii U. There is nothing you or I can do about it. That is fact.
http://www.zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/[/QUOTE]

All I can say here is, we have no idea when the swoon u version was done. As of June, Eiji Aonuma was still working on story and dialogue. That to me means this wasn't cooking for 6 months to get the Switch version resdy. Hell, at E3, they didn't even include weather because it killed the frame rate. They very much has plenty of Wii U work left to go. So let's refrain from any bold statements about when something wrapped up main development unless your actually on the team. Because we earnestly do not know.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Eh, I'm a pretty innocent bystander who admittedly only came upon this thread because of the staff room on discord, and having literally reviewed every single post in this thread, the most combative and unwillingness to accept others thoughts and opinions seems to be coming from you. And I don't mean that as disrespect, just an honest observation. Yes; you have a valid opinion that releasing it on the Wii U is a bad idea. That doesn't change that it is releasing on it, and your opinion doesn't change others opinions that it doing so is a good thing.

It's all a matter of perspective. Getting combative, argumentative, from you or them responding to you is silly. I'm more passionate about this series than your average joe given I literally cover Zelda for a living, yet I don't see any reason to be as upset as you are. Maybe things in the past are creeping into this reaction, but in this thread, you just have people disagreeing with your opinion. So?

Indeed, respect isn't assumed but gained. I have some respect in the Zelda community because of what I have done. What I do. What I continue to do. But that's all based upon earning the respect. And a stranger to me doesn't need to respect me either. I'm a Zelda fan. But honestly? This is a discussion forum. I think people make these conversations far too personal. Focus on the ideas, not the people.

Your supposed "wisdom" of this subject is kind of mute. Breath of the Wild has finished development at least 6 months ago, and now it is being localized. There is absolutely nothing you can do it.

Oh no. People disagreeing with you? Man nobody should do that. There is a fine line between "disrespect" and pointing out logical fallacies and disagreeing with other people. You didn't even say was plausible. You literally said that if the game released on Wii U that you would not get the game. Now you are going on a crusade about how the game won't come to Wii U... When it clearly is. We have literally seen the game running on the Wii U 3 months(I hope) before launch.

They are releasing the game because
A. Development has already finished
B. The Wii U userbase is so laughably small that the Wii U won't compete with Switch Sales
C. Nintendo already has already lucrative exclusives, such as Mario Switch to entice Wii U owners to get the Switch.

'Kay. Obviously you, a random person on the internet, knows what is best for Nintendo with no actual facts nor statistics presented, and ignores the facts used to counter him, knows what is best for Nintendo/

The Wii U version isn't going to hurt anything. Just like the GameCube didn't do anything to hurt the Wii. People will still buy BotW for the Switch. The Wii U version will not be hurting a thing just like how: TP on GC didn't hurt anything, Shadows of Mordor on PS3 didn't hurt anything, GTAV on PS3 didn't hurt anything, ect. ect.
In fact, we have years of statistics of successful consoles showing exactly why you are wrong, while you only bring your supposed "wisdom".

BotW is coming to Wii U. There is nothing you or I can do about it. That is fact.
http://www.zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/

All I can say here is, we have no idea when the swoon u version was done. As of June, Eiji Aonuma was still working on story and dialogue. That to me means this wasn't cooking for 6 months to get the Switch version resdy. Hell, at E3, they didn't even include weather because it killed the frame rate. They very much has plenty of Wii U work left to go. So let's refrain from any bold statements about when something wrapped up main development unless your actually on the team. Because we earnestly do not know.[/QUOTE]
If Breath of the Wild is releasing this March, as Australian Advertisments state. Then development is done. It has to be else, the game wouldn't be releasing in March. The final 3-6 months of the development process is polishing, bug testing, and localization.

Also, they didn't put in the Weather effects for E3 because they did not want to overstimulate the press. The E3 build as it is was several months old as well. E3 Demos never present the current build of the game, as the demo has to be bug tested quite a bit before E3. We saw the exact same with Smash Wii U, Splatoon, and a variety of other titles.

No, the actual development of Breath of the Wild has more or less finished. They are just tweaking, polishing, and getting all of the bugs out currently as the localization teams finish translating the game. Review copies have to come out in Early March. So they need to start production in Mid February at the latest.

If Breath of the Wild is releasing this March, as Australian Advertisments state. Then development is done. It has to be else, the game wouldn't be releasing in March. The final 3-6 months of the development process is polishing, bug testing, and localization.

Also, they didn't put in the Weather effects for E3 because they did not want to overstimulate the press. The E3 build as it is was several months old as well. E3 Demos never present the current build of the game, as the demo has to be bug tested quite a bit before E3. We saw the exact same with Smash Wii U, Splatoon, and a variety of other titles.

No, the actual development of Breath of the Wild has more or less finished. They are just tweaking, polishing, and getting all of the bugs out currently as the localization teams finish translating the game. Review copies have to come out in Early March. So they need to start production in Mid February at the latest.

Is it just me or are quotes a bit broken right now?

The weather effects were not included because of frame rate issues. Bill Trinen stated this back during e3. Well he didn't say FPS specifically, just "performance issues". Does that mean that at that time the issues still existed? Well, no. But, even make recent footage has shown massive frame drops.

That being said, the frame drops won't ruin the fun. 3D Zelda games haven't really been the smoothest with FPS anyways.

But again, you have no idea when the game was done. Even under your 3-6 month polishing window, were really only been in the midst of that since what, October? That's not 6 months ago, as was being stated. Rather, 6 months ago they weren't even done with the story yet. And polishing is a massive part of development and can lead to changes to the game even still.

My larger point - none of us actually know what's going on. We're all making assumptions.

VitaTempusN92

How about this. Since people still want the Wii U version so bad, maybe Nintendo will probably do what they did with the Gamecube version of TP. That is basically delay the Wii U version of BotW by a few months after the Switch version's release much like how they delayed the Gamecube version of TP for about a month after Wii version's release.

If you think about. This would actually work better than releasing both versions at the same time. The Switch version can release at launch with the Switch. And the Wii U version can release in the first half of June, just before E3. That way, hopefully by then, Nintendo would fixed whatever problems the Wii U version has been having, as well as watering down it's size some more, so that it doesn't have any framerate issues.

The downside of course is that the Wii U version's final product result will look even less appealing than the Switch version than it already slightly does now. But for those who wanted the Wii U version so bad, such changes and fixes need to be made.

So now, if the Switch version is the one that is finished (which seems to me to be more likely at this point), then it's more likely that will release at the launch of the Switch than the Wii U version. That said, the Wii U version may need more time. Which is plausible. Keep in mind that the same thing happened with TP. So those of us who want the Switch version or just can't wait that much longer for the game will have to get the game on the Switch. While those who so desperately still want the Wii U version or can't afford a Switch will have to wait a bit longer.

Mido

Version 1
How about this. Since people still want the Wii U version so bad, maybe Nintendo will probably do what they did with the Gamecube version of TP. That is basically delay the Wii U version of BotW by a few months after the Switch version's release much like how they delayed the Gamecube version of TP for about a month after Wii version's release.

If you think about. This would actually work better than releasing both versions at the same time. The Switch version can release at launch with the Switch. And the Wii U version can release in the first half of June, just before E3. That way, hopefully by then, Nintendo would fixed whatever problems the Wii U version has been having, as well as watering down it's size some more, so that it doesn't have any framerate issues.

The downside of course is that the Wii U version's final product result will look even less appealing than the Switch version than it already slightly does now. But for those who wanted the Wii U version so bad, such changes and fixes need to be made.

If this occurs, I wouldn't mind. Hypothetically, with the Switch version coming first, the sales for the Switch during that period of time between Switch and Wii U releases would receive a potential boon. I also find it interesting that you mention the size of the Wii U version being potentially altered, since I was thinking about this notion earlier. Hyrule Warriors: Legends, as far as my knowledge goes, despite its additional content, was scaled down in terms of how much was on the battlefield during gameplay to assist performance (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here; I haven't played the Legends port myself)! If this happened with the Wii U version in terms of improving performance, there is a potential benefit to be reaped for Wii U players. Of course, I myself cannot guarantee any of this.

So now, if the Switch version is the one that is finished (which seems to me to be more likely at this point), then it's more likely that will release at the launch of the Switch than the Wii U version. That said, the Wii U version may need more time. Which is plausible. Keep in mind that the same thing happened with TP. So those of us who want the Switch version or just can't wait that much longer for the game will have to get the game on the Switch. While those who so desperately still want the Wii U version or can't afford a Switch will have to wait a bit longer.

According to Nintendo (last official word), they are releasing simultaneously. That means same day for both systems. This may change, one rumor at the Wii U version releasing a week later (naturally, on purpose, not due to dev issues).

I understand your sentiment, but the Wii U version doesn't need more time. It's had more time than the Switch version. The FPS issues are just going to exist, as they did with SS, TP, OoT, MM, and occasionally TWW before it. It's not uncommon and it doesn't make the game unenjoyable (as I can attest to, having spent 3 hours playing it). In fact, it's going to be an anomaly that the Switch version doesn't have FPS issues. Though, a future potential switch exclusive Zelda probably reverts back to having those same issues.

Shouldn't matter really. Same day, one week later, it won't make a huge difference. Really this is less about what you or what myself or others want. Reality is, it's coming to both platforms, probably the same day or within a week of each other at worst.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
That's just it! I can't take anymore of this backlashing again! I came back because Zelda Universe people were being a pain, hoping change. But that's just it! I keep giving the two sites more and more chances in hopes of someday everyone finally learning to actually respect me for a change, but every time I do, I've already ended up with same thing. Disappointment. That's exactly the problem. I've been way too forgiving towards you people because, in case you people didn't realize by now, I actually happen to have a heart, with feelings and emotions, unlike most people on these forum sites.

Well I'm getting sick and tired of that! That's not how you treat your fellow Zelda fans. Heck, that's not how treat anyone for that matter. All you people have ever done every single time I try to share some of my wisdom and opinions, is be so disrespectful and rude to me. Like, literally everything I post just goes in one eye and out the other. That's how it always is! No matter what I would post, you people would always just keep disagreeing with me, even if what I said was plausible. You people never seem to care about anything that I say as you keep showing me with such disrespect that it makes wanna cringe.

You people have no idea how many times I've been so infuriated at you all and others like you. So many times that I've lost count. Now I won't repeat myself again, when I said that releasing the Wii U version of BotW would be a mistake, I was not kidding. That is literally common logical sense! The Wii U is DEAD! D.E.A.D! DEAD! So for last freaking time, releasing a game on that system is pointless now! Production of Wii Us has ended, so anyone who doesn't yet have a Wii U that wants the Wii U version, may have to get a Switch and get the Switch version instead. This especially applies to kids with parent(s) who don't really order from online that much or really hardly ever get used systems. Have you ever thought about that? Apparently not.

This is the last time I am typing in this topic. Maybe even in this forum site all together if I see anymore ridiculous responses from people. And if that's the case, than this time WILL be for REAL! I'm not going to waste my time talking to people who totally disrespect me, my passion for the Zelda franchise and love for Nintendo, my knowledge, and my common sense of logic. You people don't seem to understand that only just want to see Nintendo and the Zelda franchise (as well some of their other franchises like Mario, Metroid, etc) succeed!

And as keep saying, the most logical and beneficial way for the Switch and BotW to be a success is if they cancel the Wii U version. The Wii U will only just be a burden. There is no point in Nintendo keeping the Wii U version as a thing and releasing it. It will only just get in the way. Don't you people get that? Apparently not!
You need serious professional help my friend. People disagree with just about every post everyone makes on this site; that's the reality of having hundreds of users from different backgrounds with different experiences. But you have serious anger issues and need counseling, and I say that with as little disdain as humanly possible. You have a serious problem my man.

On the thread topic, I am fairly sure the Wii U will get a release and it'll look fine and be very playable. I plan on getting it on the Switch myself but I wouldn't be too worried about the Wii U version.

VitaTempusN92

Well, clearly at least one of the two versions still needs more time for Aonuma to say such a thing as:

Aonuma-san said:
My team and I are very busy working on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch and Wii U

Rather so very recently.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Well, clearly at least one of the two versions still needs more time for Aonuma to say such a thing as:

Rather so very recently.
This has been responded to several times.

XD lmfao you posted that video and they said it was coming to the Wii U like 7 times LOL
They are working on localization, bug testing, and polishing. The main development is already done. We know this because the game has started the localization process. This is apparent with the voice acting, text, and everything else. The development of the main game is finished. All of the story, dungeons, mechanics, world design, ect. is finished. Next month they have to start production for the game in order to give copies to ESRB and Famitsu, with games being given to journalists in Early March along with with review copies for the Switch. So the game has to be completely done within 15 days.

It is clear you know nothing about game development. And also:

Lol
Yes. They are bug testing and polishing. Of course they will be very busy working on that. It's an important part of development. But the main game is already finished.

VitaTempusN92

Ugh. That's it! You know what! I'm done! I am sick and tired of the ridiculous counter-arguments based on ZERO evidence versus my argument based on one POWERFUL evidence!

Aonuma would NOT say "VERY BUSY WORKING" if he and his team were just working on localization (which is usually mostly done by people in all headquarters OUTSIDE of Japan), bug testing (minor job), and polishing (again, minor job, especially for a professional company like Nintendo).

The fact you people keep on MISUNDERSTANDING his words being the ALMOST the EXACT OPPOSITE of what he ACTUALLY MEANS is NAUSEATING enough to make an intelligent robot malfunction from confusion!

What Aonuma is saying is that HE and HIS TEAM at Nintendo of JAPAN are STILL VERY HARD AT WORK on the game somehow. So it is CONFIRMED FACT that BotW is somehow is STILL in development! Whether it both versions of the game, or one of them. We don't know yet. But what IS CONFIRMED though is that NoJ IS STILL WORKING HEAVILY on BotW. Also, what interestingly FURTHER BACKS my argument is the FACT that Bill and Nate stated that BotW is releasing in just 2017. No specific month or date. Just 2017! They didn't say March at ALL in that video.

This will probably be the last post by me on here depending what happens and whether or not I'm able to make a video to further explain to you people why what Aonuma said CONFIRMS the game is STILL being HEAVILY worked on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom