• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Old Consoles

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Some of us have/had previous gen consoles, whether it be the Wii (I'm still kinda counting the Wii U as a current Gen Console), or the DS, or the N64, or even the NES.

After they become outdated/obsolete, what do you do with them? Do you keep them somewhere, to take out from time to time? Do you sell them? What do you do with old consoles?

I still have all of my home Nintendo and handheld consoles and still play on them quite often. Especially my Gamecube i wouldnt dare get rid of any.

I actually have 3 Gamecubes because people kept giving me them

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i continue playing them as there's still plenty of games on each of them that i haven't played that i still would like to, each is still plugged in
the only console that i've basically been neglecting for a while is the gamecube,but that's mainly b/c of my wii
though none of them i plan on parting w/ anytime soon

MW7

I have a working NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, and original 3ds. I play the N64 all the time. I play through Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time (MM is broken so I bought it for the 3ds), Banjo Kazooie, Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, Mario Party 2, and Pokemon Stadiums 1 and 2. I pull out the SNES to play Donkey Kong Country 2 often or TMNT Turtles in Time if I have a friend over. The rest are mainly just for Zelda games except for Professor Layton on the 3ds.

I basically just go on an endless loop playing the same games over and over...

I keep all my old game consoles - N64, GBC, GBA, Gamecube, DS, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3 - but admittedly rarely use them. That's why I'm in a frenzy to complete any Wii U and 3DS games I have left so I can fully focus on the Switch from 2018 onwards as far as Nintendo goes.

I still have all of my old consoles. They hold too much sentimental value for me to just get rid of them. That being said, I have no idea where my GBA went, so my DS Lite has become my designated system to play the few GBA games I keep handy. Never did the Wii system transfer to my Wii U so I still occasionally play my Wii. NES is no longer set up since I got an HDTV in late 2013.

Ninja

Well well well
After they become outdated/obsolete, what do you do with them? Do you keep them somewhere, to take out from time to time? Do you sell them?

I'll go against the grain here. Unfortunately I do not have any of my older consoles or games. What I did when I upgraded, was send them all to Vietnam for my relatives that couldn't afford them.

No regrets, I'm glad that we could give them away to those less fortunate. I still have ways to play my favorite classics like Roma via Emulators on my PC and I can purchase them via virtual console.

I sold my old PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 on Craigslist so I could buy some games for my Wii U and PS4 though. These things while they can be sentimental, are just things that I could easily purchase or experience again.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I love my old games and don't wanna let them go - it is great to be able to pick up my childhood classics at any time and give them a go. When it comes to non-current consoles I still have my NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, PS2, GameBoy, GBA, DS, DS lite, DSi, 3DS, 3DSXL. I still have quite a backlog though that I really need to do something about, hopefully this summer they will all get some good use!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I only still have a Gamecube, a Wii (actually we have 3 or 4 of them back home), and a GameBoy Advance SP, though the sound no longer works. I also have a Playstation 2 and Playstation 3 that I rarely play.

Unfortunately, an evil stepmother I once had sold our N64 and all the games, so I don't have that anymore. :(

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I love my old games and don't wanna let them go - it is great to be able to pick up my childhood classics at any time and give them a go. When it comes to non-current consoles I still have my NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, PS2, GameBoy, GBA, DS, DS lite, DSi, 3DS, 3DSXL. I still have quite a backlog though that I really need to do something about, hopefully this summer they will all get some good use!
**** you Jimmu I want those

I have a N64, a Gamecube, and a PS2. I wish I had a NES and SNES. :(
You can hack the MiniNES and MiniSNES to put way more games on them.

Also I usually sell my old consoles. I've only kept the GC/Wii games because of dolphin. Also I've kept the WiiU discs because one day I might play them again.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
The premise here is that we even stop playing them, amirite? Seriously though, I'd usually keep them on display or clean them and package them up in a box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom