• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Okami(den)

Is anyone else familiar with Okami for PS2/Wii and its sequel Okamiden for the DS?

It's a beautiful game based off of Japanese mythology.

And I have Zelda to thank for discovering it. I remember reading an article on a Zelda site (don't remember which one) about the game and how Ammy (the protagonist) was a "female Wolf Link on steroids." That line still sticks with me and still does - and I have to say it's true. Amaterasu is vastly superior to Wolf Link - she's faster, stronger, double jumps and is a goddess. Have to say that while I'm a Wolf Link fan, Ammy would beat in a fight.

Okamiden is also based off of Japanese mythology and takes place several months after Okami, and now you're the son of Amaterasu - Chibiterasu.

Both of the games are very Zelda-like, as the creator was heavily influenced by Zelda. So if you see it, I would definitely recommend picking them up (though Okami is much better than its sequel).

And I guess I might mention that Amaterasu was in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

I have heard a little bit about it, but not much. I know it looks pretty awesome and I would love to pick that up for the Wii. is it a somewhat rare game? i never see it.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I loved Okamiden, it is one of my favorite DS games. It is a very Zelda-esque game. I love the graphics style and and the great story. If you haven't picked it up, get it soon as it is getting hard to find.

I have heard a little bit about it, but not much. I know it looks pretty awesome and I would love to pick that up for the Wii. is it a somewhat rare game? i never see it.

I wouldn't call it rare, but it had poor sales on the PS2 and so it may or may not be hard to come by on that platform. I ordered both my Wii and PS2 copy online, but I believe I have seen Okami for Wii in Gamestop and whatnot.

But yeah, both of them have great story lines. Plus both of them have some of the most gorgeous music you would ever hear in a video game.

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
I have the game, gotta say, I really like it (=. The graphics are beatiful, and there's that certain Japanese touch in them.

I have the game, gotta say, I really like it (=. The graphics are beatiful, and there's that certain Japanese touch in them.

Since you have such quick feet, it might be a good idea to run and bash into many things.
- A Link to the Past (SNES)

The artstyle of these games is very unique. They're very acclaimed and pretty cheap so I might pick them up. How long are the two games?

Going blind through Okami the first time...it took me about 48 hours. However, the game is worth several playthroughs if you're going for 100%. (As you start with a New Game+)

I don't honestly remember how long Okamiden took me. I'm on my third playthrough and I still haven't 100% it.

V

Vol

I liked Okamiden more than Okami, though both are worth playing. They're pretty different in terms of gameplay style; I was surprised. Okamiden is cuter, more puzzly and less randomly frustrating, while Okami has more action, is a bit more epic... and way longer.

I may be the only person ever who didn't really like the art style for either of the games, but it's grown on me a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom