• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Minecraft Thread

I'd like to join the server. Although I haven't dropped by ZD lately, I'd still like to build some stuff. BTW, how is Obsidian invincible? Do you mean that it just can't be destroyed by anything? If that's the case, how can you possibly mine it? Anyway, laterz.

When we say Obsidian is invincible, we mean virtually. Diamond Pickaxes can destroy it, but not much else. If you put TNT next to it (that is, ONE block of TNT) and detonate it, the Obsidian will not be harmed. I think it requires like 26 blocks of TNT to blow up a single block of Obsidian; and they all need to explode at once.

Kybyrian

New guys are always welcome. Some of you that have posted in here I haven't really seen on the server. :P

The server is usually up at 4-5 PM EST until Zenox goes to bed... so around 1 AM EST most nights. Weekends will probably be up longer. Everybody is always welcome to join and build/mine anywhere, as long as they don't vandalize anything.

There are shops in the main city, which is made completely of mossy cobblestone. If you visit the tall building next to the colorful wool sign there are some signs. If you right click them while holding the specified material (i.e. click the sign that says [SELL] string while holding string) it will give you the amount of money that is on the sign. You can use this money to buy virtually anything in any of the shops located along the brick road in the city.

Weekends will probably be up longer.

Normally I like to keep it on the whole weekend, nights too. Weekends at my dad's, though, I can't service the server, so it's likely been rendered unusable at that point. It's hard for me to fix, but not impossible.

If you right click them while holding the specified material (i.e. click the sign that says [SELL] string while holding string) it will give you the amount of money that is on the sign.

You only need to have it in your inventory, you don't need to be holding it.

Kybyrian

Apologies to anybody who was trying to access the server over the past couple weeks. We had it down because we were tired of messing with some lag problems that were going on with the server. Note that these problems may not quite be fixed, so if the server unexpectedly goes offline there is nothing we can do about it until somebody notices it and Zenox is capable of fixing it.

If anybody ever has any problem at any time with the server (i.e. if the downtime the past couple weeks was unfavorable) then feel free to contact us and let us know that you've been trying to play.

If anybody ever has any problem at any time with the server (i.e. if the downtime the past couple weeks was unfavorable) then feel free to contact us and let us know that you've been trying to play.

I can get on, but the game slows WAY down near Reichburg, meaning respawning is a large problem for me. I think it may be the excessive amount of human characters and zombie pigmen, but it's Zenox's castle, so he can do whatever he wants in there.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Can I join the server please? I have just got minecraft and it ROCKS! I have a LoZ texture pack!

Kybyrian

Sure thing... just updated the original post with the new IP for the server. Go into the "multiplayer" tab when you play minecraft and paste in the numbers 67.177.48.133 to connect to the server. The server times are kind of irregular, but it's usually up during the evening on Eastern Standard Time. We recently updated the server to support the new Minecraft release, so it just got back up after some downtime.

I can get on, but the game slows WAY down near Reichburg, meaning respawning is a large problem for me. I think it may be the excessive amount of human characters and zombie pigmen, but it's Zenox's castle, so he can do whatever he wants in there.

We have some big lag issues that are unsolvable at the moment. They seem to occur very randomly, though. Restarting the server works.

Most recent addition to the server:

2011-06-01_234108.png

Made by me after being suggested by TheGreen. It's not done, he's adding a rainbow to the back of it.

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
I just had to update minecraft, because of technical difficulties, but I am able to be on again. :)

David

But you called me here...
In addition to our server, anyone here that knows of a good fun server that I can join? I just got into the game and I'm curious as to how Multiplayer works.

Oh and yeah, our server is offline. (but we can get one up if people wanna pay for it... ;))

I hope ZD can get it fixed, I think its pretty cool that they created their own server, especially with CraftBlok. Thanks ZD and good luck with the server! MINECRAFT RULES!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom