• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Minecraft Thread

Kybyrian

THE OFFICIAL ZELDA DUNGEON MINECRAFT SERVER IS:
We are having issues with our host, Zenox, right now and we cannot manage to get the server online at this time. We are looking into other options for the official server, so stay tuned for thread updates. If you have suggestions, feel free to post them here.

logo_med.gif

MinecraftLink.png

If you haven't heard of Minecraft, you probably haven't been around the internet too long. If you have and you still haven't heard of it, you are poor and deprived soul. Minecraft is one of the biggest sensations to sweep the internet. It started development as an Indie game under one person, and has turned into a game that is still in beta development and has made millions of dollars.

The official Minecraft website: http://www.minecraft.net/

Minecraft is $20.00 on their website. You can purchase it and download the client (very small!) and start playing right away. Almost anybody you talk to that has played Minecraft will tell you that the game is amazing, and I'm one of them.

Zelda Dungeon also has a Minecraft multiplayer server! When starting the Minecraft client and logging in, you can choose "multiplayer" and connect to 67.177.48.133.

Things to Know About ZD's Minecraft Server
Ops
Zenox (Zenox9120 - server host)

TheGreen (TheGreene)
Kazumi (KaziKazumi)
Kybyrian (Kenpari)

Monsters do spawn during the night
Creepers are disabled
PvP (Player vs Player) is OFF
Server IP is 67.177.48.133
Do not destroy other player creations or cause havoc intentionally, you will be banned.​

Feel free to connect to the server at any time you wish. Your session is saved when you disconnect and you will spawn where you quit with the same items when you reconnect. The server is generally always up.

If you are having trouble getting started or are lost as to what to do in the game, check the Minecraft Wiki.

Creepers will still show up, but they will not explode.

When you connect to the server type:

/kit Starter

This will give you a starter kit that contains essentials to begin your work.

Other commands:

/spawn - Return to spawn location
/sethome - Set your home to your current location (secondary user-specific spawn point)
/home - Return to your set home point
/o - Display list of online users
/kill - Kill yourself
/kick - Kick yourself
/msg [player] - Send a message to a specific player
/afk - Toggle away status
/banl - Ban List
/tp [player] - Teleport to a player
/warp [name] - Warp to a warp point
/warplist - Display list of warp points
/kitlist - Display list of kits

We have also installed various plugins that do various things. One of these is Craft Book. This allows users to build several working mechanisms. Check out how to use and build each mechanism here:

http://craftbook.sk89q.com/wiki/Usage

We also installed a plugin to ride mobs. To ride a mob, right click a mob while holding a saddle. While on the mob, left click with a fishing rod in the direction you want to travel.

You can also catch mobs. To catch a mob, you need a snowball, egg, or slimeball. Snowballs have the lowest catch rate and slimeballs have the highest catch rate. To catch a mob, left click the mob while holding the item. You can release the mob by pressing q while holding the item you caught it with. From there you can use a few commands.

/ms - displays a list of your current monsters.
/target [playername|mobtype] [mobname]|all - makes all friendly monsters in a 10 block
radius around you attack the specified player.
/target cancel [mobname]|all - cancels the targets of all friendly monsters in a
10 block radius.
/release [slot ID|monster type]- release the monster in the specified slot
or of the specified type. NOTE: /release 0 is the FIRST monster on the list.
/whistle - commands all of your monsters to come to you.
/follow [mobtype]|all - commands all friendly monsters of the specified type to follow
you.
/follow cancel [mobtype]|all - stops all friendly monsters of the specified type from
following you.
/wait [mobtype|all] - commands friendly monsters to wait at their current location.
/wait cancel - stops mobtypes from waiting.

Some basic rules:

When night time roles around, a vote will be taken. If the majority of users want to sleep, then all users must sleep. There will be an Inn location in the future each person may warp to if they do not have a bed. It is also advised you put a bed at your home point. If you refuse to sleep after a majority has been reached, then you will be kicked. If the majority does not wish to sleep, no sleeping will occur.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Wootz. I've just purchased (I say 'just', but I've already played for several hours today). My username is TheGreene.

I've had Minecraft for a while now, but I consider myself to be less experienced than most others. My username is "fredtheguy" (no capitalizations.)
It appears I can not get on to the Zelda Dungeon server using the IP address. I enter the address, it loads for a bit, then says "Failed to connect. Connection timed out: connect." I'm searching for a remedy on Minepedia, but no luck so far.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Ah, yes. I fail at this game so badly, yet I love it so much. My username on there is bds1110.
I'm pretty mediocre at it, but it's still tons of fun.

Kybyrian

I've had Minecraft for a while now, but I consider myself to be less experienced than most others. My username is "fredtheguy" (no capitalizations.)
It appears I can not get on to the Zelda Dungeon server using the IP address. I enter the address, it loads for a bit, then says "Failed to connect. Connection timed out: connect." I'm searching for a remedy on Minepedia, but no luck so far.

The server is currently down. Sorry for any inconvenience. It should be up a majority of the time, however.

Kybyrian

I know that there can't be that many ZD users out there that don't have Minecraft. ;) Feel free to join the server, everybody. It has regular activity. We have a few building creations ourselves already and would be happy to see more created by some other users. Speaking of which, if you wish to build something you can put a sign with your name on it in front of it for added security. Sometimes we ops like to blow up the map at random places.

W

WzHzYz

I will Join if I have the chance. I LOVE Minecraft, not as much as I love Zelda ;D.
My username is this: AAwing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom