• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocean King Speed Guide

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda12OceanKing.php
I wrote this several months after the game released. It is a speed guide that guides you, floor by floor through the entire Temple of the Ocean King, with the goal of completing the dungeon with a full 25minutes of Sand in the Hourglass.

In order to achieve this, you must first have collected all of the Sand of Hours.

I originally wanted to do this myself, as on the pause menu after you complete the game, it shows your time remaining when completing the temple. Thus, for a completionist like myself, I had to have the menu seem 100% perfect. Thus... I want on a quest to find out if 25minutes was actually possible... and I found that it was. After doing it myself, I decided to do a room by room guide for the site.

Have any of you guys done this? I thought its a fun mini-self created sidequest you can do, to give the game some extra replay value. I suppose with the guide I wrote, it somewhat loses its value of an accomplishment, since finding out the fastest route was part of the fun. Still a cool thing to try out if you haven't done it already.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
That's unbelievable! I didn't think it would be possible at all! My best time was something around the 24 minute mark (just above it, so about 50 seconds used). It involved a LOT of running, picking up as many of the time replenishments as possible and using those safe-zone pots to my advantage where absolutely needed. That is if getting the pots or time replenishments were not using more time than I would save.

I suppose in the end a little refining and I might've got better than my score, but a full hourglass at the end is mighty impressive. I'll have to give it a try first knowing it can be done without using the guide for each room (although I've already read it...) and if I still can't do it, I'll keep the guide open and handy.

It will be a nice little refresher on the mechanics of the DS Zelda title right before the release of ST!

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Thanks Mases! I was hoping to get a straight forward guide on this, you see I've played PH many times before, but I have forgotten the traps and what not. I found one good guide on YouTube. The user name is Greenalink, he made many glitch videos, Ocean King Speed Run guides and much more! (This is no advertisement for him! :D) Again, good guide Mases!

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I found out it was possible, and I almost did it. I was on something like 24 mins and 48 seconds in the VERY last room. Unfortunately, I sneezed, tapped the screen and threw the safe-zone pot somewhere VERY un-useful. I ended up using about 20 seconds in total as there was a +30 pot in that room, I never tried again as it just annoyed me to get soooo close and fail.

I remember reading on your guide something like 'You get two very cool items at the end' When I did it all I got was some fairly average ship pieces, not even the expensive ones. So is there anyway you can tell me what the final two items you got were? Or were they just rare ship pieces?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom