• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time to Earn a 3DS Remake

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
What do you honestly make of this situation?

I find this the best way to remake Ocarina of Time to be honest. We not only get a special remake, but one on a very innovative sounding handheld. To be honest, this could be the best remake we could be asking for.

We could also find some interesting story changes this time around for us. Nintendo, being overrun by Timeline enthusiasts could end up making new story changes to link up to many other titles.

Also, what do you think was Miyamoto's response to this situation? He never seemed like the sort of man to want to remake his games so I am guessing Aonuma is heading this project.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9033963

D

DeafJunkie

Ocarina of Time on Nintendo 3DS

It is unclear whether it's a remake or a port, or even just a demo, but here it is: pictures of a 3DS version of Ocarina of Time :D
http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9033963

(Notice that the url on the pictures are hosted on e3.nintendo.com )

1.jpg3.jpg0.jpg4.jpg2.jpg

Someone at the Zelda team got it right, this is EXACTLY what Zelda fans wanted.

This kind of graphics HOW HARD IS IT NINTENDO!

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Well, I'm not sure what to think of this. On the one hand, it would definitely be innovative. On the other hand, being so critically acclaimed already, I'm skeptical that any remake could ever do it justice.

On the good side, the graphics look lovely, and given Nintendo's talent for innovation I'm sure they would be able to transport the game to a handheld very well. I'm not sure what they would do with the controls though, and I wonder what, if any, extra features they would add to take advantage of the new console's abilities.

However, I'm always skeptical about remakes. OoT was always acclaimed for being innovative, for being new. For that reason, I'm not sure if a remake could ever do it justice, or if any remake could ever have the same amazing feel as the original. The same impact and awe just wouldn't be there. But hey, I could be totally wrong on that. Who knows, Nintendo could just blow us away with whatever they come up with regarding this remake.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
This first caught my attention when I saw the MS and an Arwing came out of the 3DS right before Reggie got there in the 3DS video at the conference, hoping for new Zelda and SF games in the distant future. Now I'm glad to see that they're OoT and SF64 remakes!

Last edited:
I agree with Xinnamin. While you can't mess around with something that's pretty much perfect to begin with, I'm really curious to see what could be done in 3D.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
I like the idea, and am willing to replay... but just to buy a 3DS for that one game seems ... stupid. I mean there will probally be other games, but what's wrong with trying to make the past work? I have a DS lite... and I will NOT buy another DS or do a trade in, because Im saving up for a PS3 so I can play god of war 1-3 and rachet and clank... and mabey dead or alive paradise when noone's looking.... so nintendo keeps messing around with the DS and keeps inventing new gimics just to have buyers, that upsets me because I miss out on a lot.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Sheesh, yet another OoT remake. This has to be the twentieth time it's been remade/ported.

I'm probably not even going to even consider getting it unless it has a TON of awesome new features. Seriously, OoT sure does take the cake as the most overrated game of all time. It's awesome, sure, and I liked it, but people worship it so much to the point that they're biased about every other game being better/just as good as OoT.

Yeesh, negative rep just because I stated my opinion. Does this look like YouTube? Anyways, to the person who gave me the negative rep, I like the game. You didn't seem to read my post entirely. But, I think it's incredibly overrated and thus doesn't need more reason for people to worship it.

Last edited:
It says on Wikipedia that it was revealed after the conference along with Star Fox 64 and Mario Kart 3DS, but you can't always trust Wikipedia.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Call me sad, but I don't give a flying banana peel if it's "another OoT remake or not". It's ZELDA on the 3DS. That alone is exciting.
But the fact it's one of my favourite childhood games only adds to that. So what if it's been ported several times already, I've wanted OoT to be ported to a handheld for years, because I'd love nothing more than to take it with me while I'm on the go, then I don't have to go dig out my N64 or bother hooking up a console if I wanna take it for a spin. OoT's great because you can pick it up at any point and start playing, which I love doing.

The fact it's in 3D makes things even more exciting though (for me), and regardless of if this is just another attempt by Nintendo to milk the success of OoT, I don't care, because it's worked, and I know I'm definitely saving up for a 3DS now... this has just got rid of any doubt I had before.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT for the 3DS. Well, I wouldn't exactly MIND it, but if it is just a port, no way. I want new features, but NO touch screen intergrated AT ALL.OoT will always be a button-masher/no stylus game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom