• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Link and Zelda are siblings?!

Twins?

• Yes, they are at least siblings, if not twins.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Some other relation (hear me out in the comments).

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Nope, no relation.

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
I'm going to use the canon timeline for evidence.
I don't think I'd agree that it has anything to go off, but this Fado theory though... :eyes:
Link and Zelda are probably siblings in ALttP. "Zelda is your--" sister. "You are Princess Zelda's..." brother.

ALttP Link is descended from the line of the Knights of Hyrule in ALttP who fought in the Imprisoning War and were almost eliminated.

HH: "The Knights of Hyrule are a clan that protect the Royal Family, their members descended from the Hero who governed the Crest of Courage. Legend has it that the Hero will one day reappear within their ranks. Looking back through the ages, it is possible that Link, the Hero of Time, was once a Hylian Knight himself. This may be the reason his mother became embroiled in the fires of war."

There are no such knights in Ocarina of Time: there is only Link.

If Link and Zelda are siblings in ALttP, the royal family and the Knights of Hyrule share the same line by the time of ALttP. Link doesn't have kids because he is killed. Zelda carries on the line of the Knights of Hyrule after the Imprisoning War.

Link and Zelda are siblings, or at least related.

Last edited:

Guinea

Basically Tingle
Ok I will admit that line from Link's dying uncle in AlttP made me wonder if he was about to say "Zelda is your sister."

But it could've went any number of ways.

Edit- imo the Knights of Hyrule in OoT are, well, the knights you see around the castle. The dying knight in the alley seemed to know that Link needed the Ocarina and told him to go to the Temple of Time.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

Link and Zelda are probably siblings in ALttP. "Zelda is your--" sister. "You are Princess Zelda's..." brother.

ALttP Link is descended from the line of the Knights of Hyrule in ALttP who fought in the Imprisoning War and were almost eliminated.

HH: "The Knights of Hyrule are a clan that protect the Royal Family, their members descended from the Hero who governed the Crest of Courage. Legend has it that the Hero will one day reappear within their ranks. Looking back through the ages, it is possible that Link, the Hero of Time, was once a Hylian Knight himself. This may be the reason his mother became embroiled in the fires of war."

If Link and Zelda are siblings in ALttP, the royal family and the Knights of Hyrule share the same line by the time of ALttP. Link doesn't have kids because he is killed. Zelda carries on the line of the Knights of Hyrule after the Imprisoning War.

Doesn't at least one official manga adaptation suggest and then never follow through on a romantic connection between those iterations of Link and Zelda? That feels like a heck of a detail to include if the intention was for them to be siblings.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
If that wasn't evidence for the idea, that you were arguing against, then you couldn't have provided evidence against the idea.

Don't you keep saying that theories can't be used to prove theories. Then theories can't be used to disprove theories.
I don't get your logic, man. None of that was evidence for the incest siblings, because none of the things brought up in that post at all suggest any sort of familial relationship. It'd be like if I presented you a Gatorade bottle and said it was proof that Barack Obama is my father. Me pointing out how baseless and irrelevant the points in question were doesn't give those talking points additional weight.

Additionally, I... feel like you might be missing out on some obvious sarcasm. Yes, I am mocking the idea of using one baseless theory as "evidence" for another pointless theory. No, neither of the "theories" I have introduced here should be taken as serious. I was being intentionally facetious with both.

Last edited:
I don't get your logic, man. None of that was evidence for the incest siblings, because none of the things brought up in that post at all suggest any sort of familial relationship. It'd be like if I presented you a Gatorade bottle and said it was proof that Barack Obama is my father. Me pointing out how baseless and irrelevant the points in question were doesn't give those talking points additional weight.

Additionally, I... feel like you might be missing out on some obvious sarcasm. Yes, I am mocking the idea of using one baseless theory as "evidence" for another pointless theory. No, none of the "theories" I have introduced here should be taken as serious. I was being intentionally facetious with both.
In other words, you don't understand the basis of the theory, so you mock it, and you shouldn't be taken seriously. Got it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
In other words, you don't understand the basis of the theory, so you mock it, and you shouldn't be taken seriously. Got it.
The theory's basis has been stuff like "they're the same age" and "they both have blonde hair". I understand it pretty well and, yes, I will scrutinize it. It might make for alright fanfiction, but it's got about as much evidence backing it as the idea that Fado is Link's long lost sister whose aging has been stunted due to never leaving the Kokiri Forest.

If I may say something.

@Bowsette Plus-Ultra is correct that there isn't anything substantial to support the theory. The only stuff that supports the theory is stuff that is easily squash-able.

We should consider and acknowledge all points and arguments from both sides.
Oh, I have stated from the beginning that the theory is based on little evidence, and that there are better explanations for that evidence. I'm not arguing that the person is wrong in their end conclusion. As far as I can tell, we even have the same end conclusion. It's that the person is stating that the theory is not founded on anything. It's the attacking of speculation on an idea without acknowledging there are points on the other side.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Oh, I have stated from the beginning that the theory is based on little evidence, and that there are better explanations for that evidence. I'm not arguing that the person is wrong in their end conclusion. As far as I can tell, we even have the same end conclusion. It's that the person is stating that the theory is not founded on anything. It's the attacking of speculation on an idea without acknowledging there are points on the other side.
I see where you are coming from, and I completely agree with you. Though, I can see where Bowsette is coming from. Shooting down punier points because they lack substance. I don't agree with how Bowsette did the process (Not acknowledging that first that we have a point(s), -even if they are puny- before shooting them down.), but in the end, we all agree that the theory lacks a major ground-breaking smoking gun.

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
ZD Champion

I think this theory was debunked after going through the multiple translations of the game (ALTTP). The line was supposed to be "Zelda is your destiny." There's a good YouTube video you can watch on it: https://youtu.be/EbynwL4H62Y?si=7yqns9Xskwe5tDe2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom