• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Link and Zelda are siblings?!

Twins?

• Yes, they are at least siblings, if not twins.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Some other relation (hear me out in the comments).

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Nope, no relation.

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Couldn't care to go back and read the thread? Here you go:

And, the level of class indicated by the mother's access to a horse (I'm not quoting the entire conversation for that one small point.)

There is a foundation here. I don't think it's a strong enough foundation, but the foundation is there.

------------------------------------------------

I have not actually read that. I do like the idea that link is related to the knights, and it is a great fit for the evidence we do have from in game.
Malon's family owns a slew of horses and they aren't high class. Ganon owns a horse and he's the outcast leader of a society of vagrants living in the desert. Link eventually comes to own a horse as a child and he's little more than a homeless wanderer by the time the game finishes.

Link and Zelda are always the same age. There has yet to be a game where they have any noticeable age gap.

Prophetic dreams do not make someone a sibling.

1706063102426.png

Fado from Ocarina of Time dresses almost identically to Link, has blonde hair, and physically appears to be the same age as him. It would be equally valid to claim that she and Link are long separated siblings and that her lifespan has been extended due to her time in the forest, because that theory has just as much going for it as the idea that Link and Zelda are siblings.

Last edited:
Malon's family owns a slew of horses and they aren't high class. Ganon owns a horse and he's the outcast leader of a society of vagrants living in the desert. Link eventually comes to own a horse as a child and he's little more than a homeless wanderer by the time the game finishes.

Link and Zelda are always the same age. There has yet to be a game where they have any noticeable age gap.

View attachment 73721

Fado from Ocarina of Time dresses almost identically to Link, has blonde hair, and physically appears to be the same age as him. It would be equally valid to claim that she and Link are long separated siblings and that her lifespan has been extended due to her time in the forest, because that theory has just as much going for it as the idea that Link and Zelda are siblings.
Much better! Refute evidence with evidence.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Couldn't care to go back and read the thread? Here you go:
to be honest....no?

and besides I was only really addressing what we know about both of their moms, so looking at your points, practically none of it suggests anything about them being related, we already know that their fates are intertwined, but it's a big leap to suggest that they're meant to be twins

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Much better! Refute evidence with evidence.
That wasn't evidence. That was as much evidence as Fado's blonde hair. Nothing brought up here in any way indicated a familial relation between the two.

We know two things about their respective mothers:

1) Link's mother abandoned him in the forest in front of a talking tree. Mother of the year material right there.

2) Zelda's mother is never shown on screen and her living status is unknown, but she is never explicitly said to be dead.

That's it. There is literally nothing else. There is nothing in game suggesting even a passing notion that they're related.

Last edited:

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion

View attachment 73721

You make good and valid point

The only thing that is a little off is the Fado argument. Fado we know to be Kokiri. Link is Hylian. Two different races. Yes they may look alike and are the same age at one point but, when you go 7 years into the future, you can visit the Lost Woods and you can see her again, exactly like how she was 7 years ago. Link and Zelda are both Hylian, so that is why it would make more sense if they were related.

All the other points are good.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
You make good and valid point

The only thing that is a little off is the Fado argument. Fado we know to be Kokiri. Link is Hylian. Two different races. Yes they may look alike and are the same age at one point but, when you go 7 years into the future, you can visit the Lost Woods and you can see her again, exactly like how she was 7 years ago. Link and Zelda are both Hylian, so that is why it would make more sense if they were related.

All the other points are good.
Don't forget the part of that nonsense theory that says Fado's lifespan was artificially extended by her time in the forest, allowing Link to age to the point where they're identical biologically speaking. Link only starts to age because he leaves the forest.:eyes:

Last edited:

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Yes, they would be the same age at one point and both have a lot in common when it come to physical attributes.

I am unaware of what importance that makes since they aren't the same race.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Yes, they would be the same age at one point and both have a lot in common when it come to physical attributes.

I am unaware of what importance that makes since they aren't the same race.
Then let me use another baseless theory as evidence for my first baseless theory: Kokiri aren't actually a separate species, but Hylian children left in the forest by neglectful parents. The only reason Link ages is because he leaves.

This obviously proves the Link/Fado connection.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Then let me use another baseless theory as evidence for my first baseless theory: Kokiri aren't actually a separate species, but Hylian children left in the forest by neglectful parents. The only reason Link ages is because he leaves.

This obviously proves the Link/Fado connection.

Umm...I am confused. Where exactly is this said? Is this said info in OOT?

Another thing, species and race are two different things.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Interesting. At least the Link/Zelda thing has something to go off of, even though most of it is probably just chance and coincidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom