• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Link and Zelda are siblings?!

Twins?

• Yes, they are at least siblings, if not twins.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Some other relation (hear me out in the comments).

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Nope, no relation.

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters
It would be a nice reveal that the woman who left baby Link with the Deku Tree was actually the Queen of Hyrule the idea of an incarnation of Link and Zelda as siblings has never been explored but the only evidence of this is that the Hero of Time is blonde like OOT Zelda but it's still an interesting theory i always thought that OOT Zelda was blonde because she was the descendant of SS Zelda that's why OOT Zelda has SS Zelda Harp

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
I find this Theory most interesting. I like the idea that they could be brother and sister.

There is no concrete proof that both of them are related and there is no concrete proof saying that they aren't.

If is true that OOT Link and Zelda were brothers then why didn't the Deku Tree Sprout reveal to Link besides being a Hylian that Zelda was his sister? i don't invalidate the theory i just find it curious

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Simple. He just didnt know. She could have been wearing something else, or something to hide her royal garments.

It is all speculation...

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
If is true that OOT Link and Zelda were brothers then why didn't the Deku Tree Sprout reveal to Link besides being a Hylian that Zelda was his sister? i don't invalidate the theory i just find it curious
Great Deku Tree's kind of a prick. This is the same sentiment tree that lied to Link about his heritage and allowed him to be bullied all throughout childhood.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
it's not speculation, it's just making stuff up

keep in a fanfic or headcanon if anyone wants but there's zero merit to this idea otherwise

Both are around the same age

Both have blond hair

And...

Where is the Queen of Hyrule in OOT? You only hear of the King. Seriously, where is the Queen? Could she be there, but just not mentioned? If she is alive, why is Impa her nursemaid? (And, What is Impa's job exactly?)

This is a major part of why I believe it. Screw the first to "points" I made, this one takes the cake.

Making stuff up? No. Speculation? Absolutely...

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

Both have blond hair

And...

Where is the Queen of Hyrule in OOT? You only hear of the King. Seriously, where is the Queen? Could she be there, but just not mentioned? If she is alive, why is Impa her nursemaid? (And, What is Impa's job exactly?)

This is a major part of why I believe it. Screw the first to "points" I made, this one takes the cake.

I mean, it is just making stuff up. There's nothing in game that ever hints at any sort of familial relationship between the two. If blonde hair makes someone my sister then boy do I have a lot of sisters.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion

Both have blond hair

And...

you're really really really grasping as straws there, man
like I said, keep in the fanfictions b/c that isn't substantial enough to say that they're siblings

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
I mean, it is just making stuff up. There's nothing in game that ever hints at any sort of familial relationship between the two. If blonde hair makes someone my sister then boy do I have a lot of sisters.
Key word: Speculation

Never did I say "Link and Zelda both have blond hair therefore they are related." or anything like that.

you're really really really grasping as straws there, man
like I said, keep in the fanfictions b/c that isn't substantial enough to say that they're siblings

Key word again: Speculation

Never did I say "This is the smoking gun, and this proves that Link and Zelda are related" or anything like that.

It would prolly be best if you guys refer to my first post (The second post on the second page)

I do bring up a big question: Where is The Queen? Could it be possible that she is the same woman who brought baby Link to Kokiri Forest?

Anyway, I am not proving anything. I am only speculating, like I stated before.

Guinea

Basically Tingle
I like this theory. I saw it a while back. Something is epic about prince Link saving the kingdom.

My favorite bit of "evidence" for this theory is Zelda saying Link's name sounds somehow familiar.

Edit- Ah, yeah, forgot about the composer guy saying Link and Zelda are similar, that was a nice bit too.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
For speculation, all anyone needs is a single detail. I may not be a fan of this theory, but it is still a theory based on in game evidence.
"Evidence" is a strong word here. There really isn't anything in any entry to suggest Link and Zelda are related. Heck, if any iteration of them were then it'd lend some uncomfortable incest undertones to any later later romantic portrayal of the two as if that'll ever happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom