• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time, How Would You Make It Better.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
- new graphics
- bigger map (specifically hyrule field)
- fix the arrow aim (Though, I`m sure if it was ever remade on say the Wii, the aim would be fixed automatically)
- more character development (mostly on Zelda and a few of the other sages like Impa, Nabooru and Saria)
- make the lost woods a better maze
- add more side-quests and secrets to find
- make day and night longer (I don`t know how many times I just barely missed getting into Hyrule Castle town because the drawbridge was pulled up too fast)

But even without all this, Oot is still a masterpeice and one of my favorite games of all time. :)

well they took the graphics up a bunch of notches with the 3DS version but other wise I agree, I would like the shading of the character models to be improved, more secrets and side quests.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
-Provide the hub portion of the overworld with legitimately entertaining things to doU
-Use the dash mechanic and Stamina Gauge from Skyward Sword (and accommodate the landscape for it)
-Make the economy system actually worth something
-Add more nooks and crannies to explore
-Make boss fights like King Dodongo and Twinrova worth my time
-Add in more minigames
-Have more story involvement and character interaction
-Make sure that no items wind up being useless like the Bombchus and Ice Arrows
-HD graphics

Other than that, the game's pretty much golden.

Quite a list there, JJ!

I don't think I would change a thing. The rupee system is the only flaw in my eyes. Rupees seemed to be endless and you could find them pretty much anywhere. That's about it; OoT is my love <3

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Yes, it is quite a list. Why? Because most of those things are flaws in the game, and while they don't destroy the experience -- I still give OoT a 10/10 -- they're flaws nonetheless.

I wasn't trying to point out anything specific, JJ. I was just stating in a basic way that for me, it's difficult to find any flaws within the game. It was my first LoZ game, therefore I am biased towards it. Every game has flaws - I know that - and I pointed out a flaw as well. :)

As was it mine, but I branched out after playing it, it is one of the greatest games ever made and anyone who plays RPG's knows its name, sometimes I wish the adventure would never end, but you guys seem to focus on the rupee system and I agree it lacks value, in the other games rupees have more value, for example in Link's Awakening rupees found in the environment are worth one rupee and one of the most important items the bow costs 980 rupees so finding chests that contain large sums of them becomes important giving every rupee you collect greater value.

MW7

I'd change/add a few things that would increase the replayability of the game by adding more gameplay choices or content

1. Remove the boulders blocking Zora's River- would give the player another choice, and there wasn't really any reason at all for it to be blocked anyway.

2. I'd move the hookshot to a Light Temple mini-dungeon that is played upon first pulling the Master Sword.

3. I'd give the ice arrows the same functionality as in Majora's Mask so that they could create ice platforms in water. This would have the repercussion of making the Water Temple significantly more open-ended (you definitely can get the ice arrows before beating the Water Temple), and you could even skip the longshot (I'm pretty sure this would work out with future dungeons).

4. Once you beat the Water Temple Zora's Domain should unfreeze. There would be some kind of secret underneath the water when wearing the iron boots in Zora's Domain.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I hate the stamina gauge and dash, the stupidest way to make things difficult, something like that would ruin OoT. However, I always thought it was a shame that you don't need to use the spells or arrows more (as in fire or ice arrows, not light or normal), seeing as they're there there is more they could've done with them, for example, I have never used Farore's Wind and never needed Nayru's Love except to make desert collosus less annoying to navigate with those stupid green spinning things, but outside of that you don't need it at all. You use Din's Fire often enough but I think there were missed opportunities with the use of magic in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom