• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina of Time 3D: One of the Most Beautiful Games I Have Ever Seen....

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Hey Everyone,

I got my hands on a copy of Ocarina of time 3D today and I have to say, it is one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL games I have ever seen or played....Does it have the best graphics ever? No, that's not what im talking about. This game has a....shine to it. I can't explain it, but this "shine" makes the game stand out on it's own instead of being a rehash of the N64 Version. Do any of you who have gotten the game notice this "shine"?

What REALLY threw me off guard was the 3D aspect. Me, personally, am not the biggest fan of 3D because I find it to be gimmicky, but on Ocarina of Time it just makes the game look even more beautiful than it already is. Everything is so smooth; there is texture and very playful colours that make the scenery and characters look magical. The night sky is just as beautiful as I'm impressed they even put that much effort into making the sky look marvelous.

The gameplay is the same familiar gameplay we've seen in Ocarina of Time, yet there is something different about it that I cant quite put my finger on. Maybe it's the way Link moves? Or maybe how smooth everything is that makes it look different. This game feels entirely new as even though I know what happens, I'm still dying to see how everyone and everything looks as I progress through the game. This is going to be an experience I'll remember for years and this "shine" is the key to that.

So what do you guys think?

Nicole

luke is my wife
I do agree with you on all that. For one thing, the graphics are really nice. But they didn't just smooth out the graphics, from what I've seen, they've made new models of certain things, too. For example, the vines near Hyrule Castle. In the original Ocarina of Time, there were three vines that were cut out with the N64 graphics. If you went up one of the vines on the side (can't remember which one), you couldn't reach the top. Now, there are not separate vines, but one big cluster. That's not to say I prefer one style over the other; this just so happens to be one of the slight model changes I've noticed. You can also see the grass in Kokiri Village has changed, both the "cuttable" grass and the decorative grass.

The 3D affect is very nice. It's actually not that hard to get used to, at least for me. I was playing OoT 3D in the car earlier today, and the glare of the sun made it hard to see the 3D, so I shut it off. I was very pleased with the graphical enhancement even without the 3D. Now, they didn't totally change the graphics. Link pretty much got a huge makeover. But with other things, you can still see some of the old, N64 style. Zelda, for example, looks very similar to the original, only smoother. Generally, though, everything is much less rigid than before.

One of things I noticed about the gameplay is that rolling is smoother, too. I remember playing OoT, the original, and never rolling. I had gotten used to rolling being a faster way to run with TWW and TP, but in OoT, Link would usually take a jerky step after rolling, so it basically went no faster. OoT 3D has cleaned up that little jerk step. It may not seem like a big deal, but to me, it's a pretty neat thing.

I never got into the whole hype of Ocarina of Time. I did enjoy the game, it just wasn't my favorite. My gut tells me that I'm going to come to appreciate OoT much more now. :)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I really agree with you on the graphics, they are gorgeous and they make 3D look amazing, more so than I could imagine prior to playing this game. The slight golden tone to the graphics really makes it pop (or as you said it: shine), both with and without the 3D it's really, really pretty.

I know right! The whole game has a layer of polish that was unseen in the original classic, and it's so colorful now, and all the textures pop and fit with the environment. The graphics are great!

I'm especially amazed how well they did the interior of every building you can enter in the whole game. So much little details everywhere.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I'm especially amazed how well they did the interior of every building you can enter in the whole game. So much little details everywhere.

The interiors just SELL me! I love the N64 version more than anything in this world but it did lack a lot of detail in terms of some scenery and interiors, and honestly this game just fixed that. Everything is positively beautiful in terms of the art style and design. I can't believe what I'm playing. 13 years ago no one couldve imagined this and for 13 more years to come, Ocarina of Time can just keep getting better.

The only thing I'm slightly disappointed with is that they did nothing to the look of stairs. I mean those stairs that lead up to kakariko, the stairs inside kakariko, well you get the idea. They're still just a texture. Especially since they made all ladders and fences real 3d.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
The only thing I'm slightly disappointed with is that they did nothing to the look of stairs. I mean those stairs that lead up to kakariko, the stairs inside kakariko, well you get the idea. They're still just a texture. Especially since they made all ladders and fences real 3d.

True, but I was actually too distracted by everything else to really notice :P.....Actually the only problem I have is that the sound isn't loud enough. But it isnt the case for Only Ocarina of Time. I was playing other 3DS games and the sound on 3DS games is much more quiet than that of normal DS games. So I have to play Ocarina of Time in a very quiet place just to hear the music :(. I dont understand why this is the case with 3DS games as I popped in Pokemon the other day and it was really loud. So the sound does kinda of take away from the new experience but I still love it!

77injawolf

the game is absolutely amazing with new enemy graphics and the land design this makes me happy to be playing such an amazing game revamped.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Yes the details and poslish was more then what i had expected. Im glad that nintendo remade OOt for the 3DS. One of the greatest titles that has been polished with awsome grapics and details, truly amazing.

The 3D effect is truly epic with this game. For example: you know the scene were deku tree dies and leaves fall? For a second i tought the leaves were coming out the screen. I got one issue though, gyroscope and 3D dont mix! I have to disable one of them so i can aim properly.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Yes the details and poslish was more then what i had expected. Im glad that nintendo remade OOt for the 3DS. One of the greatest titles that has been polished with awsome grapics and details, truly amazing.

The 3D effect is truly epic with this game. For example: you know the scene were deku tree dies and leaves fall? For a second i tought the leaves were coming out the screen. I got one issue though, gyroscope and 3D dont mix! I have to disable one of them so i can aim properly.

Really? I've had no problem with gyroscope with 3D on actually :S. They both work wonderfully in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom