• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Ocarina 3D - The 3D is Not Standing Out (Literally)

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
I agree with above. Plus, while a little disappointed, since OoT3D was promised to be 3D, I do believe a graphical revamp and some added features more than make up for this minor disappointment. :)

Agree'd. In fact, if this was released on the DSi, I would still eat it up... probably faster, because I already own a DSi, and not a 3DS, hah.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think too much popping-out might make you go cross-eyed with the screen so close to your face. Larger screens can accomplish this better because they're farther away and have more room to work with. It can be quite uncomfortable to look at things closer than 14" from you, so most 3DS games allow the more comfortable range of viewing things in the distance.

This is not only good for comfort, but also for the gameplay in my opinion. Rather than images from the screen popping out into your world, the depth the effect adds bring you into the game's world. I'm all for anything that will add to engulfing the player in the full experience of the game. The surround sound really does this for me as well.

Oh, one more thing I noticed about the depth effect. Looking at things that are farther away really allow you to forget about the real world because the 'frame' of the 3DS itself is so out of focus that you can forget all about it and focus entirely on what you're looking at.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Personally I don't care about the 3D, at all. It's really minor to me as I usually turn it off anyway. What excites me is the better graphics, and the good controls on a portable system. That's the best part. And touch screen menus! That's where Zelda ought be. Real, practical controls for movement, and efficient, speedy touch controls for menus.

jugglaj91

I am me....
As far as I knew the 3DS was always about DEPTH. There are occasions where there seems to be "popping out" 3D but its still a tweak of the depth. As stated previously I enjoy the 3DS and the feeling of it pulling me into the game, as opposed to backing me out of the game with "popping out" effects. The trailer for OoT was damn good even on the 3DS itself, bar a couple of minor pixelation moments.

I actually just found something that flies out at you and remembered this thread.
When I was carrying a chicken in karariko, the feathers flew out towards me, very nice effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom