• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Now Kiss!

What's the most romance you'd accept?

• Hand holding is fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quick smooch

• Hug

• Make out session!

• Total voters

Kazumi

chagy
I personally think some, nice, gentle hand-holding would be best. It is the purest form of love after all. Of course this is Nintendo we're talking about, so even that will probably never happen. At least not while Miyamoto lives.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
A quick smooch definitely seems appropriate for the situation. Idk if anyone else noticed but Zelda seemed very intimate when they were atop the goddess statue in the beginning of the game, so romance was definitely hinted at.
I noticed that too.

@ Vanitas: Well, showing their kid would require fast forwarding at least 9 months. At least...I think even they would need some time to decide "Okay, let's start this bloodline..."

@ Fig: I know right? It's not fair to poor Link that Mario gets kisses and he doesnt.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It's standard fair I think, in most literary arts and video games, that if a couple has children at the end, they fast forward some time forward. Link and Zelda were practically in love -- they were childhood friends, Link saved her many times, etc etc etc, but they do nothing but smile at each other. Where's the substance??

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I wouldn't mind Link holding Zelda close to him as they gazed out into the sunset. That imagery would be quite a nice ending to a game. In terms of extremes, I don't want any Frenching in this series; a prompt smooch, whether on the cheek, lips, or brow, hardly causes any harm. However, I feel that hand-holding or a quick embrace would leave the impression on a franchise of this caliber. Not only that, but simple acts like that usually depict the higher forms of intimacy.

There is always going to be a tease at the relationship. I think during an interview Myamoto doesn't want a romantic relationship between Link and Zelda, but he allowed the slight extra romantic scenes because he thought it wasn't quite too much. I don't think he wants it to go much further.

I don't think romance is necessary, it's ruined so many good characters, I mean, like what happens form there? I prefer the "romance" left unsaid

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
Uh... Kissing makes me feel a little uncomfortable, and I kinda liked how Nintendo toyed with it, perhaps adding some suspense. They drop hints and such that Link and Zelda are in love, but the closest they ever really get is when Link catches Zelda when she wakes up. I think there was just enough romance to make the plot more interesting, but not so much that it makes some people feel uncomfortable. It's all a balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom