• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Notable Recipes

There are loads of recipes in the game, and they have a wide array of helpful effects. If you've found any particularly useful or notable ones, go ahead and list a few of them here. I'll start.

Hearty Durian x5

Durians may be a little hard to come by, but serving up a ton of them all at once leads to a.... rather potent effect.

Last edited:
Staminoka Bass x1

This delicious Energizing Fish Skewer restores two hearts and refills a FULL stamina wheel.

Meat/fruit/mushrooms(one of them) + hyrule herbs = steamed meat/fruit/mushrooms.

A great recipe for restoring hearts. For a good majority of the game that's all you'll need to heal yourself. Link is not meant to be a damage soak tank, he is really a high dps that does a lot of damage. To that end you'll be aiming to avoiding damage as much as possible, not tanking through it. So these recipes work great. I have explored all of the game's world and been everywhere, also done over 30 shrines (including the major test of strength ones) with only 4 heart containers. This base recipe works a treat and it's what I use.

So far, I am getting the best results by cooking 5 of the same ingredient.
This is what I've been doing to an extent, although I also reduce the number to get weaker versions when I don't need so much potency.

I tend to mostly just use multiple apples or hearty raddishes, as they are both pretty easy to find, so I'd ended up with quite a few of them... apples to top up my health when I'm about to go into a fight... raddishes to fully heal and give me a ton of extra hearts (up to 15 if I remember correctly, but I've reduced the quantity as I already have 19 hearts, so more than 11 would be a waste).

As soon as you have full hearts, a simple hearty elixir is enough. Any full heal is plenty, meaning food becomes super easy to cook. Hearty ingredient + Anything, or hearty critter+monster part.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
This is what I've been doing to an extent, although I also reduce the number to get weaker versions when I don't need so much potency.

I tend to mostly just use multiple apples or hearty raddishes, as they are both pretty easy to find, so I'd ended up with quite a few of them... apples to top up my health when I'm about to go into a fight... raddishes to fully heal and give me a ton of extra hearts (up to 15 if I remember correctly, but I've reduced the quantity as I already have 19 hearts, so more than 11 would be a waste).

I forgot what I did, but I made a recipe that gave me 25 yellow hearts. If I do it again, I will post it here.

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
I wouldn't be surprised if you'd used big hearty radishes... they have a greater effect than the regular ones, but are harder to find.

That is probably it. I know I did cook 5 big hearty raddishes once. I used the meal yesterday, otherwise I would look up the recipe to confirm.

I've found that just one hearty radish on its own does a full heal + 3 temporary hearts. Radishes are really easy to find, especially with the Sheikah Sensor+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom