• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Not As Hard As You Remember

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm sure we've had times when replaying some part of a Zelda game, and that part not being as hard as it was for you the first time you ever did it. It can be something from years ago, or something recent, but share some experiences you've had with this.

One instance of this that happened recently was the Vah Ruta battle in BotW. In my first playtrhough, when I first arrived there it was very early in game. I had maybe 5 shock arrows on me, so I had to go up to Shatterback Point to swipe some. By the time I engaged the Divine Beast, I had 22. After the battle, I had about 5 left. It made me think, "Wow, they weren't kidding when they said you'd need at least 20!" Later on, when I replayed the game in another file, when I did the battle, it only took me... 4 shots. And I remember thinking "How in the world did it take me 17 shots the first time?" I must have been really horrible at aiming at that point.

The battle was still as epic as ever, though, and it made me aware of how much I've improved at playing the game. Now share some of your experiences with this kind of thing in the Zelda series.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It mostly comes down to knowing how to fight certain enemies and do the puzzles of a game. None of them feel very hard when you know how to do them.

Searching for the key to Faron woods as wolf link in TP was impossible the first time, because I didn't need a key I needed to dig under the gate. Now it is easy to get through because I know not to waste hours of my time looking for something I cant obtain.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Now share some of your experiences with this kind of thing in the Zelda series.
Don't tell me what to do.

I always think of the Goron dance section in Oracle of Ages as being really tough, and I think I did struggle the first time playing it (in my defence, 9/11 had just happened and we were all a little shaken up), but going back over the years, I've always succeded first try without much effort. Left, right, spin. Left, left, right, left, spin. It's fun. Tiny Gorons are best Gorons.

I agree with @Deus, once you know what you're doing, once you learn the game mechanics etc. everything becomes more easier I think.
The first time I fought thunderblight ganon was really hard, I simply couldn't get the timing. Eventually I learned how to evade properly and the fight became much easier. Same goes for dungeons, once you know where everything is, it's more easy and sometimes enjoyable.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
Reviving this thread because it's currently super relevant to me. I recently started playing TP HD. It's one of my favorite games in the series without a doubt. When I played the GC version when it first came out, I seriously struggled with the City in the Sky. In all the times that I've replayed the game, I would usually end up stopping when I got to that point because of how much I had struggled with it. Just beat it in HD on Monday and didn't struggle at all! So funny how that happens, all those times I stopped playing because I dreaded that temple..

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
yo there was this one bit in the city in the sky where you had to balance on some ropes as wolf link to get to a room, when I first played that as a kid I 100% forgot about that mechanic b/c the last time that idea was used was AGES ago [someone correct me if I'm wrong] when you were climbing a tower in the castle w/ a dying midna in your back, so I was stuck in the city in the sky for the longest of time

also the lakebed temple will forever be an atrocious dungeon to me in which I will always use the early boss room glitch the moment I can, I haven't properly played through that dungeon since I was like 11 or 12

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I get this for older games thanks to growing wiser which made old puzzles easier, the Water Temple from OoT used to give me trouble, I also couldn't do the Ancient Crypt from OoS, or the Ice Palace from LttP, without around 20+ tries... however now they take 1 maybe 2 tries, easier to get around and combat is easier since I know now how the enemy moves and fights.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
The hardest time in Zelda was in the beginning of twilight princess when your suppose to find that cat and bring it to that lady.... that was my first time playing Zelda LOL

The boss of Eagle's Tower. For some reason the first time I played it (I wanna say 6th grade?) I died a few times, mostly from being blown off the edge and having to start again. The attrition really takes its toll on you because if that happens you start the battle over from the beginning. When I replayed it a few years later I kicked the **** out of him with no problems.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
The funny thing was Bongo Bongo was easy my first time crazy hard my second time and super easy all of the other times...

Uh... Those confrontations on Bridge of Eldin...

The Water Temple

Gyorg

I could not for the life of me figure out how to go fishing in TP, so I would cast my line, pull it out and be cray frustrated because I didn't catch anything or know if I caught anything or not. Still have basically no idea how, but I can do it in under a minute.

I'll think of more later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom