• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Nostalgic Moment(s) For You

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
A lot of us here are long term fans with some more than others; however, I think we all can pin point a nostalgic moment or multiple nostalgic moments within any of the installments.

So what moment(s) do you find to be the most nostalgic to you?

For me it will have to be the whole King Bulblin sequence from Twilight Princess. This was one of my first real experiences with the series and due to it being 6-7 years since that moment I guess it counts as nostalgia now for me. Anyway, this is the moment where I truly realised how good of a game and series I was playing. Fighting King Bulblin on Elgin Bridge was truly an epic sight and the scene which followed was amazing. Then we have Link heroically returning to Kakariko Village with Colin where he finally realises what it means to be a hero (after he showed traits of courage himself). Just an amazing sequence of events in my opinion that remain my favourite in all of gaming.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
The moment when I opened the gates of time in OoT as a small boy en became an adult, only to find out I had to conquer 5 more temples! I was amazed, it already took me quite some time to figure everything out so far! Remember that we didn't have internet or game hotlines back then. You had to do everything by yourself.

Salem

SICK
There's far too many moments like that for me, I can just point at Alttp, Oot and LA, they're most nostalgic for me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The whole of Ocarina of Time is nostalgic. However, even moreso is A Link Between Worlds. I swear, returning to ALttP's Hyrule is just amazing.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Every time I see Link pull out the Master Sword in OoT and warp through time. It just gets to me to see such an awesome effect. It just seems to capture the epicness of the whole adventure. I love OoT so much, and that moment right there just sums up the epicness of the greatest game ever put to paper. . . I mean programming.

Deku-Jack

The Garo Master
The beginning of Majora's Mask will always be the most nostalgic thing for me, as it was my introduction the series. When I was really young, I would watch my brother play Majora's Mask and I was immediately entranced by the surreal and trippy introduction to the game. I would also try to play it myself but would often get stuck as I hadn't played too many video games at the time. After my brother eventually got stuck on the game with the 3rd dungeon, it would be the last I would see of the game for quite a long time. Years later, I picked up an N64 and the first game I got was Majora's Mask after being re-introduced to it through things like YouTube/the Internet in general. I was finally mature and experienced enough to beat the game and had the time of my life. It wasn't until I had already finished the game when I learned of other Zelda titles like Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess, etc.

I'll never forget my young memories of seeing the game for the first time.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
This is kind of a weird one, but every time I walk out of the Temple of Time as Adult Link in Ocarina Of Time, I get this huge feeling of nostalgia. I think it's because the absolute first taste I had of Zelda was in the "Masterpieces" section of SSBB, where you can play some classic Nintendo titles. One of the ready-made files you can select are right after the Master Sword cutscene--and the other is right after the opening cutscene in the Kokiri Forest--but I remember selecting that file the most. I was mystified by Hyrule's dark and dank conditions, and thought everything was just so cool.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I have far too many nostalgic moments! Just hearing the opening title screens for ALttP and OoT, as well as the credits, make me remember fond moments of my childhood and how often I would play those game. A reoccurring moment though would have to be when Link holds up the Master Sword and that iconic tune plays. It's simply brilliant.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I'll never forget my young memories of seeing the game for the first time.

This really sums up the problem with all the Zelda's I play and will ever play. All of them have these great moments that I will never forget. But the overall experience I had as a little boy playing OoT and MM I will never experience again I think. Maybe nostalgia isn't the right word, but it seemed like you were off on an awesome and big adventure. You had no idea where you would end up or what would happen, everything was new to you. I understand you felt like this because you were younger and didn't understand the game as good as you do these days, but that feeling was just incredible.

I know for a fact that I will never ever get the same feeling for a game as back then. Being an adult kinda spoiled that for me... :(

My most nostalgic moment is in OoT. Like most people it was my first Zelda game and as hard as it is to pick just one single moment, I mean stepping into Hyrule Field for the first time is pretty epic and pulling the master sword brings a chill but for me I'd have to place the cutscene before you fight Gohma at the top of my list. Now mind you I was about 5 or 6 years old at the time and this was the first time OoT struck fear into my innocent little soul. I remember searching the room for a good 2 minutes wondering "when is the boss gonna show up?" and then as I finally layed my eyes on her eye I can remember my mind screaming "DO NOT WANT!!!!" My poor childish accuracy firing somewhat blindly and jumping when I finally got a hit before running to drive a few stabs in quickly and then fighting off her children (My nightmares as a young one). And then the feeling of accomplishment when that shriek rang through the chamber before she slowly smoldered into a warp is a powerful feeling that has kept me loyal to the series for over 10 years now. Of course, now learning about Deku Nuts and Deku Sticks I can finish Gohma before she even makes it to the ceiling but many a years ago this was the moment that truly made me feel like a hero!

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Hmmm. Oracle of Seasons getting to Subrosia for the first time.

A lot of ALttP. Specifically Hyrule castle rescuing Zelda and the sewers, Eastern Palace, Tower of Hera, frustration of Moldorm, getting the Master Sword, getting to the Dark World, Turtle Rock

And A LOT of WW. pretty much the entire soundtrack brings me nostalgia, rescuing Tetra in the Forest, the stealth mission at Forsaken Fortress, Windfall Island, Dragon Roost, first boss, koroks, jabun, Tower of the gods, Hyrule Castle, lots of stuff

and turning into Minish size for the first time in TMC

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The most nostalgic Zelda game for me is, of course, my first which was Majora's Mask. I would like to say there's a specific moment in the game that is more nostalgic than the others, but alas, I cannot. I spent so much time playing that game the first time around, the entire game brings back that initial Zelda rush I had: enjoying the bliss of Clock Town on the first day, helping Romani fend off Them, hearing that dreary music that plays in each of the lands...

sigh... I miss those early days :kawaii:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom