• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Noooo!

pacpix

AWESOME
So i was in the hidden palace of AoL on my file and when i put the cartridge in there was a file with a triforce next to it no deaths and level 1 everything. My file was still there. SO i held in reset powered off and took out the cartridge and put it back in. The file was still there so i decided to see what happened when i tried mine...bad idea. The music was messed up and my health bar was huge and had random text in it. When outside i kept getting faries that did nothing to help me. So I shut it off and restarted it and everything was gone:( this happened to me before, but i was only in palace one. The first time I was kicked out of battle screens the second they started and i randomly got the falling screen and ended up in different parts of hyrule. Also the top of the game is slightly melted or something(pawn shop), would that be messing it up? Has this happened to any of you?

Djinn

and Tonic
That sounds terrible, sorry to hear that your game has been

Although melting at the top of an NES cartridge shouldn't be a problem. The card inside is tiny, there is a lot of space between the top of the cartridge and the top of the card. Going by the description I am not too sure what actually happened. It sounds like the connection between your cartridge and the NES pins was not good enough. And that does cause all kinds of problems, even totally random lights and sounds. I have seen messed up blocky nightmares appear on my screen when attempting to use a dirty game in my NES. I have a Ducktales game that had completely messed up sound until I did a thorough cleaning of the cartridge connector with metal cleaner. You might try doing the same.

Also sometimes the batteries inside NES games that have a save function die (they are over 20 years old after all) and need replacing. That can be tricky, but it can be replaced. I might be easier just to replace the game at a flea market.

Well if the game gets too hot or too cold it can cause internal damage to the cartridge... Knowing that the top of the game is melted, its likely the tempeture in the overall area of the game cartridge probably got too hot for its own good...

Seeing as you own the game, it might just be better to get a rom, (its completely legal when you own a copy) and play it from the rom.

pacpix

AWESOME
Hey sorry for not replying to you guys. my computer freaked out and i didnt think the thread started. Anyways i bought a new battery and cleaned the game. It works great and i have managed to beat it twice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom