• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler No More Enemies in the Overworld

was it a bad idea for the Enemies to disapere?

• Yes it was a Bad idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No it was not a Bad Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In ss After you complete the Song of the Hero/ Defeating Demise. all of the Bokoblins and Moblins Disappear from the Overworld. This Leaves the rest of the Game Kind of Boring since their no Enemies to Kill, for me I think its a Dumb idea that Nintendo Decided to do that, I guess to make us reply the game, no other Zelda game does that ( that i know of). True you can fight them in the Hoard battle but over time that can get boring, and make your arms ach from swinging the re-mote around. so my question is this, Do you think removing the main Enemies from the Overworld ( not in skyloft ) after beating Demise a really Bad idea?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Removing the enemies from the Overworld after getting rid of Demise makes sense within the lore: you defeated the final villain so everyone scurries back to their holes and/or were defeated alongside him. However, from a "fun factor" point of view, I think it was a poor decision. I mean, why would I replay the game for a supposed "Hero's Mode" when I had to go through tons of enemies, unskippable scenes and then, at the end of things, no enemies at all except in dungeons and in the Lightning Round? So, I would say it is a sensible idea but not a FUN one.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I think that if the enemies are gone, you can focus on 100%ing the game, which is a challenge in any Zelda game

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I thought they disappeared after you completed each section of the Song of the Hero. Faron clears them all out of the woods with that flood, the ones in Eldin just sorta buggered off for some reason after taking over the mountain, and we don't see any more in Lanayru Province afterwards. But by that point I was far more interested in fighting in the Lightning Round so it didn't matter to me. Also, the absence of enemies for that short amount of time was more than made up for by the hundreds of enemies charging after you in a single moment at the end. And after you defeat Demise, they all retreat since their leader is gone, and you as a player are likely to restart the game anyway. So yeah, I don't have a problem with it.

Of course, if this were to become a regular thing I would have a problem with it. It worked in SS, but I'm not sure it can work elsewhere.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't think it was a bad idea at all. If you ask me, it added to the atmosphere of the game. The cause of all the monsters appearing on the surface was Demise. After he's gone, the monsters start to disappear. Not only does that make sense, it adds to the atmosphere of the game. I actually liked it better that way. The surface areas felt more peaceful, and I liked that. Besides, it isn't as if all the enemies disappear. There are still plenty of them around to keep you occupied.

I totally didn't notice they were gone, i've defeated Demise and have gone back a couple of times (mainly to Lanayru) and there are still enemies around... i'm gonna have to load up the game now..

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Really? I thought it was only after you got parts to the Song of the Hero. Faron wipes them out with a flood. Lanayru didn't have much to begin with, and I'm guessing all of the ones at Eldin eventually retreated back to whatever hole they came from. Except for the ones at the Fire Sanctuary. For some reason, they stayed.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I pretty much agree with Ventus. It makes sense storywise, but not gameplay wise. In pretty much every Zelda I've played, I've started up my old profile and just gone around killing monsters just for the fun of it. I guess it technically doesn't matter for me since SS was the only game I wasn't inspired to do that (I tried to do it in AoL but the game freaking deleted my file when I pressed continue!) but I'm going to say it was a bad idea because I've always believed that you don't sacrifice gameplay for story. Because SS also has that property of deleting your file, it was probably assumed by Nintendo that you wouldn't be revisiting your old file. Further proof of that is the lack of things to do once you've completed the main quest. Unlike Majora's Mask which allows you to do everything as many times as you want, or OoT/WW where once you're done there's a good chance you didn't complete nearly as many things as you could've, by the time you reach the end of SS you've probably done almost everything it had to offer.

This is one of those "small details" that Nintendo did to try and enhance the experience (which I'm finding they tried alot in SS). Things like giving rupees actual physics, and allowing you to step on bugs, etc. It's like I hear Nintendo in the background saying "See? It makes sense!" which... yeah, it does.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Further proof of that is the lack of things to do once you've completed the main quest. Unlike Majora's Mask which allows you to do everything as many times as you want, or OoT/WW where once you're done there's a good chance you didn't complete nearly as many things as you could've, by the time you reach the end of SS you've probably done almost everything it had to offer.

There's as much of a chance in getting every last piece of loot in Skyward Sword as there is in any Zelda game, let alone any video game in general. Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker don't have some sort of magical force in their programming that makes you accidentally miss something. If you missed something, it's because you didn't go get it. Majora's Mask had that time mechanism that pretty much forced the game to do what it did. Without that, it'd be like any other Zelda game regarding sidequests and all that.

THANK YOU! It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to, providing you don't run into some odd form of glitch, mess up the game. If you miss something, you didn't get it. If you used a key in the "wrong place" there's gonna be another key, no matter what. The programmers were extremely thorough that way.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
THANK YOU! It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to, providing you don't run into some odd form of glitch, mess up the game. If you miss something, you didn't get it. If you used a key in the "wrong place" there's gonna be another key, no matter what. The programmers were extremely thorough that way.

I'm not sure if we're on the same page. I was referring to the extra content, not the mandatory things. It's quite easy to miss alot of content in Zelda games because they're not needed, hence why people congratulate themselves for 100% runthroughs.

bunny

birb overlord
I think it was fine since it was practically at the end of the game anyways. Plus I think it made sense, since Demise wasn't around anymore, there wouldn't be any monsters. It didn't really bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom