• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

No Boomerang or Hookshot?

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
On the first column of the 2nd page of the interview in Oficial Nintendo Magazine ( http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/Toonness/page2.jpg ) it says "Aonuma-san says 'but of course on the weapons menu you will see a question mark - and those are new items that aren't available today' These items we could get our hands on really embrace the new focus on gesture control."

What do you make of this? To me it could mean one of three things.
1. Not "available today" means all unshown items at E3 are items that haven't been in any past Zelda games. (no boomerang or hookshot, which seem to be Zelda staples)
2. Not "available today" means that they're just not available to show us at the moment.
3. Not "available today" means that they just haven't decided upon them yet.

I think the latter two are probably more likely but the wording confuses me and could possibly mean that all question marks are new items.

Last edited:
I think it is number two. I think there is eight question marks because those are required to complete the game and as you get optional items, the circle gets bigger even though there was not a question mark for it. Anyways, there is no need for a hookshot or boomerang. The boomerang stuns enemies and in TP, dousts flames. In ZSS, the whip stuns enemies. And it is unknown if you can even doust flames at all. The boomerang also let you pick up a bomb and take it to a boss like the first boss of TP. The new Beetle can do that now. Also, the hookshot only hurt enemies from far away, which is what Bows and Slingshots do. But it also grabs on to things to help you reach it. (You know what I mean.) I think that might be a little to advance for a time before the master sword. So I can imagine there will be hanging vines in a dungeon, then you use the whip to hang onto them and jump to the otherside. So if those are right (everything but the whip-hookshot thing is for sure,) then there is no need for either of those items. Now that I think of it, Sword Beams are comming back, so maybe we will see the Ice Rod again so we can doust flames.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I think the items that weren't shown could be either new types of arrows (fire, ice [I know we will see them]), megaton hammer, or magical items; like a magic rod, a cane, or a cape.
Either some magic item or it is just new items.

Kybyrian

At first glance it definitely does seem like they are saying that the un-shown items are ones that will be new to the series, but perhaps they just mean to keep the rest of the items a secret from everybody for whatever reason. It's a possibility that they could exclude the boomerang and hookshot from the game, but I don't believe it's very likely.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I think the items that weren't shown could be either new types of arrows (fire, ice [I know we will see them]), megaton hammer, or magical items; like a magic rod, a cane, or a cape.
Either some magic item or it is just new items.

I doubt that with the small amount of spaces that they will use them all up with different types of arrows. If they did have elemental arrows, they'd probably do it in the same way as TWW, where they are all one item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom