• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds No 3D Dependent Puzzles?

Since the 2DS was announced today, being able to play 3DS games in 2D only. We can safely say that there won't be any puzzles for which you definitely need 3D. Otherwise you won't be able to play ALBW on the 2DS.

I think It's a shame. I don't know about you guy's but I never play on 2D. PH and ST took huge advantages of everything the DS was capable of. The stylus, the blowing in the mic etc. So It seems kinda weird to me that a 3DS zelda won't have 3DS based puzzles and stuff.

At least we've got the camera's and the Augmented Reality, which I think will be used, to give us new ways to play Zelda.

So what do you guy's think? Are you disappointed that ALBW won't be 3D dependent, but more like OOT3D? Or do you think they will make It so you got a different version on the 2DS?

Big Octo

=^)
I'm not sure how a puzzle can be done by using the 3DS's 3D feature, other than making it look better. All the 3D effect does is enhance the visuals. It isn't really something that can be taken advantage of to have excluisve content, at least, nothing that I know of. In the end, we're not missing anything, because there was nothing to miss in the first place.

You're making it sounds like the 3DS's stereoscopic 3D doesn't exist ever since the 2DS was announced.

While puzzles likely won't use 3D, the game will no doubt retain the perception of depth you feel when the 3DS's 3D is activated.

Also, 3D has never been mandatory in Nintendo's 3DS games so the 2DS announcement doesn't alter the current situation.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I Think the 2DS is a stupid idea on Nintendo's part. But hey, its for the kids under 7, after all, children are our future:lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
After SM3DLand I am absolutely glad that 3D isn't needed for anything. It hurts my eyes significantly and I just don't like that sort of pain. ;p

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I was hoping for 3D dependent puzzles like you, Riddle, for the same reasons you said (taking full advantage of the system). But whatever, I'm sure the game is going to be awesome regardless.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
The puzzles in Mario 3D Land weren't 3D dependent, they were just more easily solved in 3D. All of those puzzles could be solved with the placement of shadows and watching how the lines of the blocks intercepted each other. I only put the 3D slider on for the first level, and the final Bowser battle. It was entirely playable in 2D.

So, no, I don't think there will be any 3D-only puzzles in Zelda. I also don't think they would make a game that would launch shortly after their new 2D-only handheld that relies on 3D to complete the game. That seems like bad business. 3D will definitely be present (even the downloadable trailer to the 3DS was in 3D), but 3D-only puzzles will not.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Maybe "easier" isn't the proper term. Rather, it's the same puzzle from a different perspective. Regardless, they had to make the game playable for people who didn't use the 3D mode, or who couldn't properly see the 3D effect, so it still had to be achievable in the end. The 2DS wouldn't have been in development at the same time as Mario, so it probably wouldn't have been as much of a priority to make it all 2D-able. Zelda would have been made at the same time, so it makes it less likely little 3-D aided puzzles would happen.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Doesn't bother me, I only use 3D every once in a while just to see what it looks like in a certain part/area of a game. Besides that, I play 2D only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom