• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintenjuries

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Ah, Nintendo. Keeper of my childhood. Companion of countless hours of fun in my adulthood.

Bringer of PAIN!

I've been all day trying to figure out why my arms, particularly my right one, were so sore. I thought I'd slept on them wrong. Then... it dawned on me...

I was playing Skyward Sword for three hours yesterday, give or take. I haven't done that in a while, and this pain in my arm is... familiar to me. It's what a friend has termed "Wii-arm." I remember it going away when I was playing SS regularly, but if I've taken a while and I'm suddenly swinging my sword around again... ow, ow, ow.

I suppose I've suffered a bit, too, when I've played my 3DS for too long a stretch and keep the 3D on. I get headaches, so if I play for an extended period, I turn the 3D off.

Anyone else suffer pain from the fun-bringer?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Joint in my thumb used to get sore from time to time (huge thumb, small d-pad). Back in my RTS days, My right index finger would hurt quite a bit.

"Nintendo Thumbs" are what my dad called my condition when I was diagnosed with it. Whether or not it was to hide the pain the scientific name brought with it is something I don't know, but I was lucky enough to catch it before it spread to critical parts of my body. Owning a DS for the first time with Mario 64 DS as my first game is what really brought it out into the open for me, which is something I'm now thankful for. That D-pad coupled with non-stop hours of playing led to my thumbs being the poor, poor victims of Nintendo's passive-aggressive methods of bringing their loyal fans as much physical pain on top of the mental scars that excruciating difficulty brings with it sometimes.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I like to let my Wii occasionally gather dust. It's not like I mean too -- chances are that I'm too busy to turn on my Wii or I'm playing games on my 3DS. So whenever I get an itch to play an old favourite on the Wii that requires a little extra movement, I wind up with the dreaded "Wii-arm" the next day.

I've also accidentally whacked myself (and others) with the Wiimote on several occasions. Most of these injuries are from playing Wii Sports with friends.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
The middle of my palms were rubbed raw from those stupid Mario Party minigames where you had to twirl the joystick around really fast. And SS has from time to time been rather physically strenuous, though I personally consider that a plus, since you not only have to consider the stamina of Link but also your OWN stamina while playing.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Back when I used to use the Wiimote and Nunchuck for Brawl, I had to slam the control stick upward really hard to perform smash attacks. Anyway, whenever I played for too long, the skin on my thumbs would start to peel. Oh, and when I play Guitar Hero, my fingers cramp a lot and my strumming arm becomes sore. I get headaches regularly while playing too.

Sheik

:the:
I think I remember the strap on the Guitar Hero guitar sometimes making my neck ache or something?!?

Oh, and when I swing around the Nunchuk and it hits me in the head. Maybe that's just my own clumsiness.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I've definitely had the "Wii-arm" before. My hands have also hurt after a while from holding my 3DS or a controller of some sort.

Also, does accidentally whacking yourself with a Wiimote or Nunchuck count? Because if so, I qualify. I've also dropped my DS on my foot. I've also pinched my fingers putting the batteries in my GBA.

Maybe I'm just accident prone :xd:

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Once, I played Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games for an hour or so, and my arms were literally so sore the next day it was unbelievable. I couldn't even pick anything up or write at all. It sucked

N64. blisters on my hand from the joy stick wheni was a kid .( mario party and swinging bowser around in Mario 64) and a bad case of arm soreness for 3 days from playing 6 straight hours of starwars Force unleashed for the WII...

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
I dropped my DS Lite a few times on one corner so that a bit came off making it sharp. It was effectively a shank. And it dug into my right hand. Pain.
I've also worn myself out, waving the Wiimote and Nunchuck around like a madman in the Cave of Ordeals :P

Beeker

Wild Card
I don't know how it happened, but I was laying on my back with my 3DS in the air, and I managed to drop the entire handheld on my face. My nose could feel it for quite some time after. xD;;

Salem

SICK
You know that mini-game from Mario Party that you have to wind up a shy guy toy and it flies and then it counts how times you turned the controller?

I was too obsessed when winning that game, I turned the joystick soo many times that eventually it tore of some of the skin of the palm of my hand.... I bled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom