• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch News and Discussion Thread

Launching with only Arms and 1 2 Switch

EDIT: ...and Breath of the Wild.

BUT I MOSTLY CALLED IT.

So? There's no need to take such a negative stance towards everything. The Switch has something the WiiU did not. A good 1st party game. BotW will sell Switches.
Secondly you don't know this for certain. A lot of the content there didn't have much in the way of dates.
Thirdly they said Arms is coming out Spring. That's not launch at all.

There will be (most likely I am guessing) a Switch direct between now and March 3. This keynote existed just to build the hype. Which it did. And to explain properly what the hardware is all about. Something Nintendo did not do well with the Wii U.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
They should have done so, because they didn't exactly give us much to work with. They spoke at the end about how they hoped they'd given enough for people to be excited about the Switch, but they really didn't--Breath of the Wild notwithstanding. There just isn't much to justify buying one at launch.

I disagree. There was a LOT to get excited about. We just don't know when to be excited.

Mido

Version 1
Funny, now that's everything has processed more or less, I have now come to the realization that I paid more for the Wii U than what the Switch projects regarding price. That alone is an awesome revelation!

The Switch will probably be sold out at launch with Breath of the Wild. It only needs that game to carry its momentum into the summer.

I was a bit concerned about the potentially weak launch, but BOTW may just be the kicker that picks up the slack given what we know. I'm most certainly excited!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The presentation was terrible, boring, and sloppy.

The translator was absolutely awful. And it was a very dull and boring presentation. The whole pacing was sooooo slow, and they spent way too much time on things...

But damn the games they did show were so good.
Xenoblade 2 looks amazing. I can't wait to see SE's new RPG. Shin Megami tensei looks amazing. But these all seem to be pretty far off.

Mariokart 8 Deluxe looks great with Inklings, and Splatoon 2 looks absolutely amazing.

Mario Odyssey is the Mario game that I really want.

Breath of the Wild.. Was wow. That took my breath away.

I don't suspect I will pick up the Switch at launch. Which is okay. I will get BotW in 2 months on Wii U. I will probably pick up the Switch in Summer, or perhaps April(my parents may get it for my birthday).

I suspect once games start coming, the Switch will be a fantastic system. But there isn't enough at launch to justify a purchase fro Wii U owners.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
But not launch. If the Switch doesn't offer anything else worthwhile, they'll lose a lot of early adopters.
They haven't really lost any early adopters, considering that the system is sold out at every single retailer so far.

They have no fear of that. Now, what they do need to worry about, is keeping that flow of people coming in after launch, and through the holiday season.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
They haven't really lost any early adopters, considering that the system is sold out at every single retailer so far.

They have no fear of that. Now, what they do need to worry about, is keeping that flow of people coming in after launch, and through the holiday season.

How can it be sold out? I'm pretty sure they mentioned starting preorders later this month during their presentation. Heck, I've been checking my local Gamestop every so often to ask about Switch preorders, and I've always been told not yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom