• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch News and Discussion Thread

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Well there you go; change isn't always good. For example, if they're going to charge for Nintendo Network, it had better be top-notch. That's definitely a change, and it's not necessarily for the best. Because like @BoxTar said in a different thread, when you played Smash online and it didn't work, well, it was free, so no big loss. But if you're going to pay for the privilege to play online, it had better work. So that's a change that we have to wait and see if it turns out to be good or bad.

I'm sure online isn't the only place you can preorder, is it? I haven't tried, I'm not looking to get one at launch.

But what about physical stores?
Online is sold out, even when GameStop get more online and more in-store preorders, it sold out in less than 4 hours again.

Physical stores, are much harder to track because they are so separate from Online Stores, and there are so many of them(it is pretty much impossible to call every GameStop in the country to see how much they collectively in stock). So what we only have to go on, is purely anecdotal. But in my area, there are no stores that are taking pre orders. They are all sold out. And according to @Future Soldier, they are also sold out over there. There is absolutely no way to account for each specific area out there, and I am pretty sure that there has to be a Best Buy, or Target, or GameStop somewhere in the country that still has a few Switches left. However, it seems like, on the whole, that Switches are mostly sold out in stores.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It wouldn't be a Switch reveal without a Razorfist rant

LANGUAGE WARNING

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I wonder how much memory the Switch OS will take up. They're gonna have a app for parties, friends, and messages, so maybe that frees up some some RAM for future games?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
A good video talking about the specs of the switch compared ot the PS4 and XB1.

That is the absolute minimum I expected. I mean, making a system less powerful than the XBO would have been a real mistake.

However, this makes the possibility that it will be obsolete if the Scorpio and PS4 Pro take off very real.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
That is the absolute minimum I expected. I mean, making a system less powerful than the XBO would have been a real mistake.

However, this makes the possibility that it will be obsolete if the Scorpio and PS4 Pro take off very real.

I'm not sure how much of a threat Scorpio and Pro will really pose to the Switch (heck, the PS4 Pro offers only a slight boost in processing power and the ability to play video media in 4K resolutions. Not games, but videos). Developers have taken some advantage of the increased power offered by the more powerful versions of the Xbone and PS4, but they continue to develop with the original versions of the systems in mind. Not doing so would alienate people who didn't want to shell out hundreds of dollars for what seems like a slight power upgrade.

So, if they continue to develop for the original Xbone and PS4, those same games will likely be compatible with the Switch's hardware, especially if the Switch uses newer versions of Nvidia's high end graphics cards.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/ninten...rs-and-supports-nnids-from-different-regions/

What it sounds like is many Switch games (BotW included) will have multi language and region support. The game's chosen region and launguage will be the same as your account's language and region.
Basically games automatically play in your own language, without any fiddling around to make that happen. I hope Nintendo tell us which Switch games have this support so we can make better import choices.

I'm not sure how much of a threat Scorpio and Pro will really pose to the Switch (heck, the PS4 Pro offers only a slight boost in processing power and the ability to play video media in 4K resolutions. Not games, but videos). Developers have taken some advantage of the increased power offered by the more powerful versions of the Xbone and PS4, but they continue to develop with the original versions of the systems in mind. Not doing so would alienate people who didn't want to shell out hundreds of dollars for what seems like a slight power upgrade.

So, if they continue to develop for the original Xbone and PS4, those same games will likely be compatible with the Switch's hardware, especially if the Switch uses newer versions of Nvidia's high end graphics cards.

How many PS4P and XB1S exclusive games do you think there will be?
How many games will be basically unplayable on the old PS4 and XB1 and need the upgraded consoles?

I ask this in your opinion because we have the N3DS. So far we have 2 N3DS exclusives. XC and FE-W. A few of the games played very poorly on the Standard 3DS, like SSB4 and HWL. So we have a parallel with the N3DS. Will this also happen with the PS4P and XB1S in your opinion?

Switch pre-order lines in Japan

iMpjodg.jpg

QuaqVYK.jpg

tHLvuri.jpg

xxwRrNL.jpg

lYyZIOz.jpg

HKNgg8P.jpg

iBrYd0p.jpg

DhlAlqH.jpg

vqB8sPM.jpg

16114208_10154558649629580_7700614882582916029_n.jpg

Last edited: