• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch News and Discussion Thread

I hear many reports that GameStop will only have 10-15 Switches per store......

So I will say this:
Those in NA. If you want a Switch, you had better preorder on Friday now. This absolutely sucks, and it's terrible that Nintendo is playing this game. Otherwise you will have to wait to get the Switch.

I know Nintendo likes to play the stock issues game, they did it with amiibo and they did it with the NES mini, but having the same tactic/problem with their next generation console when they really need a win with Breath of the Wild as a potential launch title sounds too ridiculous to be true.

Not saying youre wrong but surely they wouldnt pull the same 'get-them-craving' tactic as amiibo and NES mini. Both the amiibo and NES mini were affordable but if you make a $300console scarce then people probably just wont bother. Nintendo would also need a large install base as quickly as they can for the Switch, why then would a store as important as Gamestop recieve so few units?

It just doesnt make sense, i want to say that such a thing isnt true. Perhaps Gamestop have been informed of rhe number of units as a tactic to get the public rushing out to get them before they go, while in a week or so the stores may have more units than they can shift...

I dont know it just doesnt sound right that theyre potentially recieving so few units when Nintendo needs to sell as many as they can as early as they can.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Not saying youre wrong but surely they wouldnt pull the same 'get-them-craving' tactic as amiibo and NES mini. Both the amiibo and NES mini were affordable but if you make a $300console scarce then people probably just wont bother. Nintendo would also need a large install base as quickly as they can for the Switch, why then would a store as important as Gamestop recieve so few units?
They did it with the Wii, Wii U, and IIRC the Nintendo 3DS here in the states. Nintendo are a mess, they don't understand how to clean up home. I'm finna go to chipotle and waste $8.20 on a nasty ass burrito with barbacoa and white rice but before I do that let me just say that NoA and I guess the engineers and folks over at NoJ and other just don't understand that a surplus of consoles is only a good thing because sales are a process. processes happen OVER TIME, they don't happen instantaneously. but artificially lowering the stock just isn't going to do any business because once you run out then that's it. I'm not gonna pay some greedy ass scalper 150%+ of the MSRP for the thing. I betta get my switch on time on release date because if I don't, I'm pirating BotW and will piss all over Nintendo's grave and take a huger dumb on them as well.

DO YOU HEAR ME NINTENDO?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I know Nintendo likes to play the stock issues game, they did it with amiibo and they did it with the NES mini, but having the same tactic/problem with their next generation console when they really need a win with Breath of the Wild as a potential launch title sounds too ridiculous to be true.

It just doesnt make sense, i want to say that such a thing isnt true. Perhaps Gamestop have been informed of rhe number of units as a tactic to get the public rushing out to get them before they go, while in a week or so the stores may have more units than they can shift...

I dont know it just doesnt sound right that theyre potentially recieving so few units when Nintendo needs to sell as many as they can as early as they can.
The most successful Nintendo home console of all time used this same tactic. The Wii used the exact strategy and it sold quite well.

The demand for consoles, will increase demand in itself. It will sell the Switch a lot more than if it overstocks. The Wii U had a problem of it being way overstocked, and it created a lot of waste.

As for "BotW creating a win for Nintendo".... That has nothing to do with stocking issues you know. Actually, if Breath of the Wild is really really good, then that will only create a bigger longing for something they cannot have just yet. Which increases sales overall.

Like it or not, this makes perfect sense from a business standpoint, and all of Nintendo's most successful consoles have done it.

They did it with the Wii, Wii U, and IIRC the Nintendo 3DS here in the states. Nintendo are a mess, they don't understand how to clean up home. I'm finna go to chipotle and waste $8.20 on a nasty ass burrito with barbacoa and white rice but before I do that let me just say that NoA and I guess the engineers and folks over at NoJ and other just don't understand that a surplus of consoles is only a good thing because sales are a process. processes happen OVER TIME, they don't happen instantaneously. but artificially lowering the stock just isn't going to do any business because once you run out then that's it. I'm not gonna pay some greedy ass scalper 150%+ of the MSRP for the thing. I betta get my switch on time on release date because if I don't, I'm pirating BotW and will piss all over Nintendo's grave and take a huger dumb on them as well.

DO YOU HEAR ME NINTENDO?

Guess im lucky then, being british, aside from amiibo ive never really come across any nintendo stock shortages for consoles before. It wasnt hard for me to get a Nes Mini either but i preordered.

We dont have amiibo problems any more either so i doubt we'll feel the pinch with the Switch. Maybe we do have stock problems but so few people in England give a damn about Nintendo that i suppose their stock doesnt sell fast enough for it to look like its in short supply.

Both from Nintendo Japan.
Left is today.
Right is before the NES was revealed in 1985

tyZjjs2.jpg
D2NDqrN.jpg

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Both from Nintendo Japan.
Left is today.
Right is before the NES was revealed in 1985

tyZjjs2.jpg
D2NDqrN.jpg
I just love the "Even skeptics are welcome" quip they have.

This really is the start of what I think is a more confident, slightly more edgy, and more witty Nintendo when it comes to marketing, and that's a very good thing in my opinion.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Guess im lucky then, being british, aside from amiibo ive never really come across any nintendo stock shortages for consoles before. It wasnt hard for me to get a Nes Mini either but i preordered.

We dont have amiibo problems any more either so i doubt we'll feel the pinch with the Switch. Maybe we do have stock problems but so few people in England give a damn about Nintendo that i suppose their stock doesnt sell fast enough for it to look like its in short supply.
was finna say that Europe don't play nintendo which is why you guys have it good
americans and japanese are the biggest and bigger markets for Nintendo respectively. jus wish they would treat us 50 stars more appreciably instead of underhanded like they do. one day i will kick nintendo's ass and fart on there faces i swear to god

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Nintendo Australia invited some Splatoon players to attend. I have friends who are flying over for the weekend. We were quite fortunate to have been offered a spot for the event.

You're so good at Splatoon that you get recognized by Nintendo Australia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom