• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch News and Discussion Thread

Tibari

Rinkuji
The right Joy-Con has an IR pointer akin to the Wiimote, this will allow touch-screen functionalities while docked.

Ooh this point is quite interesting, that could solve the problem of "how can it be touch screen when it's docked"

Mido

Version 1
Laura was asked if there was the possibility of Red Dead Redemption 2 or Overwatch coming to the Switch. Regarding Red Dead, she stated that there's almost no way it's going to happen due to Rockstar's relationship with Nintendo. She assures that Overwatch wouldn't be there at launch, and the two stated that it would require a massively overhauled port due to the 'always-online' nature of the title.

Ooh, red flag for this guy, although at the same time, I'm not entirely surprised. If RDR's sequel was to release on the Switch, I definitely would have been sold on acquiring it early on (not that I won't get it eventually, especially if Star a Fox does return to the Switch). I can't quite say I am upset about the news either since you brought up Rockstar's relationship with Nintendo. As for Overwatch, that's interesting news since I was wondering about a potential Switch release despite not playing the game myself. Making an early purchase for the Switch is becoming a slightly more difficult decision the more news I hear! :eek:

Ooh this point is quite interesting, that could solve the problem of "how can it be touch screen when it's docked"
That's like comparing the Wiimote to the Gamepad. Totally not the same. But I do get your point that an IR remote could be used as a replacement for simple touch. It can't do multitouch gestures though, if the Switch is indeed multitouch.

Good work, Ark. Your dedication to putting out Switch news is commenable.
Thank you very much. I actually like reading everyone's comments on them. Often the comments talk about a side of the rumours I have not thought of and I learn a few things myself.
However I do apologise if there is little left as a surprise for the Switch keynote itself :)

Making an early purchase for the Switch is becoming a slightly more difficult decision the more news I hear! :eek:
The purchase decision is easy. Buy it when there is games for it you want to play. If none at launch then wait. I waited 1.5 years for the WiiU. There is no shame in waiting.

http://nintendoeverything.com/switch-ads-starting-to-pop-up-in-australian-stores/
The Switch is being advertised in JB Hi-Fi (in Australia) now.
I've seen it in person.

Ne4RI0h.jpg

http://nintendoeverything.com/many-unreal-engine-built-games-on-the-way-to-switch-rep-says/

Basically all this says is the Nintendo Switch And the Unreal 4 development engine support each other.

Last edited:

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
and is still being produced to this day.

I know this is an old post, but no, the PS3 and X360 both were ceased early last year. It will have been around a year by now since the PS3 stopped being produced.

She assures that Overwatch wouldn't be there at launch, and the two stated that it would require a massively overhauled port due to the 'always-online' nature of the title.

What does 'always online' have to do with the Switch? Does the Switch not have online? The Wii and Wii U were "always online" so I'm not sure what one thing has to do with the other.

When asked about Mass Effect Andromeda, she brought up the point that Mass Effect 3 sold horrendously on Wii U and that there are no plans to release the title.

Ha! Well that's because they released a game that was 2 years old without the rest of the series. I guarantee if they had sold the game as a trilogy bundle it would have sold a lot better. That seems like a really stupid reason to not release Andromeda.

If it's true, that is.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I know this is an old post, but no, the PS3 and X360 both were ceased early last year. It will have been around a year by now since the PS3 stopped being produced.

What does 'always online' have to do with the Switch? Does the Switch not have online? The Wii and Wii U were "always online" so I'm not sure what one thing has to do with the other.

Ha! Well that's because they released a game that was 2 years old without the rest of the series. I guarantee if they had sold the game as a trilogy bundle it would have sold a lot better. That seems like a really stupid reason to not release Andromeda.

If it's true, that is.
Actually, on the contrary.
According to the NCC patents that happened... We know for a fact that the Switch actually has fantastic Wifi connectivity, with this so much that it outmatches the PS4 and XBox One, and it matches the PS4 Pro.

How many Wii and WiiU games had an always online requirement. (as in there was no way to play tyhe game at aoo offline). I don't know of a single one. Maybe there is one but I don't know of it?
That is my point entirely. The system OS being online and having a game that requires always onlnie is a totally different thing.

If it's true, that is.
I agree with you, that's quite stupid indeed.

According to the NCC patents that happened... We know for a fact that the Switch actually has fantastic Wifi connectivity, with this so much that it outmatches the PS4 and XBox One, and it matches the PS4 Pro.
Having it and Nintendo actually making good use of it are two totally different things

Zachie

Moo
Hey guys!

Since there's only a little over a week until the Switch event, what are you most expecting, or what do you want to see come out of the event?

Outside of the regular price, official release date, etc. are you hoping for new game announcements? Are you hoping for new game ports? Are you hoping for virtual console backwards compatibility?

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Hey guys!

Since there's only a little over a week until the Switch event, what are you most expecting, or what do you want to see come out of the event?

Outside of the regular price, official release date, etc. are you hoping for new game announcements? Are you hoping for new game ports? Are you hoping for virtual console backwards compatibility?

I want ZERO ports. I want all new ideas, made from scratch, with the Switch in mind. I get that a lot of really great games went unplayed by a lot of people because they didn't own Wii Us, right? So million of potential customers didn't play MK8 or Splatoon. And that's a shame, because they're fantastic games. So I get that Nintendo are trying to make sure those games get the most exposure. But I played them. I played them and so did other loyal Nintendo consumers who did buy the Wii U, and now we're basically being told "You are stupid for getting this; you should have waited," by Nintendo themselves when they're saying they're making Switch versions of these games. It's not only a slap in the face, it's a waste, because I won't re-buy a game I already own.

Aside from that, I want games that are made with TV in mind. I want games that are meant to be played by a console, on a couch, in front of a big ol' TV. I want the epic console games that the Wii and Wii U missed out on bc of whatever reason. I don't want watered-down games that will run on "on-the-go" mode, so they have to make sacrifices for the TV-mode. I don't want half-assed games.

I want an incredible operating system and an incredible online interface. I want Xbox Live to feel inadequate when compared to Nintendo Network. I want a UI that works in-game at any point, and I never ever want to be told I can't open my home menu when I press the home button. I want a seamless online experience and a user-friendly dashboard and operating system.

Finally, I want Nintendo to grow up and stop treating us like children, especially with things like Miiverse. Miiverse is awesome. I love the concept. But seriously, the way the censor everything is absurd.

If I even get 1/4 from this list, I'll be satisfied. If I get 2/4 I'll be thrilled. Anything over that, and I'll be ecstatic.

So I'm not sure why a game like Overwatch wouldn't be on the Switch, unless it's just too late. I would imagine people who want it already have it. But unless the Switch just "can't" do that, I'm not sure why that so-called insider would say something like that.

Hey guys!

I dont even know anymore. I'm looking at my wiiU right now and the 16 games i have for it (and about half of those i could do without and wouldnt miss) and wondering why i bothered. I bought the thing for the Wind Waker HD and while we got TPHD and HW (and BoTW eventually) everything else was safe and largely uninteresting to me.

Right now i really think getting BoTW on WiiU and waiting it out for Zelda Switch to release is the best option. Zelda Switch is at least 5-6 years away given the current run of home console releases since Wind Waker, so that'll tell me if, in the end, it'd be worth buying a Switch or not... i dont want to get burned again.

But while I'm here this is what I'd like to see beyond the price, release date and functionality:

-3rd person Metroid reboot-
Not Prime 4, not Other M 2, Sakamoto ****ing killed Metroid plain and simple, he mutilated it entirely and the only way i could accept a new Metroid game is in the form of a reboot under someone else's directorial vision.
I'd like the game to restart the canon and play like Resident Evil 4, an over the shoulder style third person adventure shooter, i think it could work really well and Metroid could once again change its gameplay stripes while maintaining the dignity of its roots like Prime did (if care was put into it).

-F-Zero-
Miyamoto wont make another F-Zero because he doesnt have any new ideas. At this point the series doesnt need any new ideas, just a new installment because there is a generation of gamers who have never played an F-Zero so anything to then would feel new, then there's the rest of us who just full on miss the series.
Hey Shigsy, if youre stuck for ideas then try these: transforming tracks and suicide nitros, have fun.

-Eternal Darkness-
I dont think horror games exist anymore. Slenderman and outlast etc arent scary, theyre cheap and their jump scare tactics are tacky and unimaginative. How about bringing a proper, intriguing, smart and creative horror back from the dead in Eternal Darkness? The original was amazing and unique, and at this point it'd have the market to itself.

-Kid Icarus-
I really enjoyed Uprising, it was funny, the characters were great and once you got used to the controls then there wasnt an experience quite like it anywhere else. Give us another game that's funny like Uprising with great controls, go the whole hog and maybe give us an open world, Kid Icarus probably has the potential to rival Zelda if Nintendo wanted it to.

Those are my top picks in that I'd be interested in playing them but i also want more crossover titles like HW and Pokken, a DK game that played similar to Assassin's Creed could be cool, a Zelda X Soul Calibur game would be nice. Capcom VS Nintendo...

Really i juat want more ambitious and interesting projects from Nintendo, WiiU had some top quality titles but they were just so vanilla. Nothing really held my attention for long, nothing surprised me. Nintendo need to keep me interested but the only thing i'm interested in from them is Zelda, so unless they start throwing curve balls or release at least three original Zelda titles on Switch I'm probably not going to end up with one until its almost dead.

What i want from the 12th are intriguing and interesting games, i want nintendo to be braver and more creative and unpredictable. Mario kart and Smash are fine but we need some spice in the mix this time.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I want ZERO ports. I want all new ideas, made from scratch, with the Switch in mind. I get that a lot of really great games went unplayed by a lot of people because they didn't own Wii Us, right? So million of potential customers didn't play MK8 or Splatoon. And that's a shame, because they're fantastic games. So I get that Nintendo are trying to make sure those games get the most exposure. But I played them. I played them and so did other loyal Nintendo consumers who did buy the Wii U, and now we're basically being told "You are stupid for getting this; you should have waited," by Nintendo themselves when they're saying they're making Switch versions of these games. It's not only a slap in the face, it's a waste, because I won't re-buy a game I already own.
Now this, you almost 100% won't get. However, so long as new games release on the system, unlike the Wii U, then I think you should be more or less satisfied. I understand why. However, it looks like Splatoon is almost entirely new. Mariokart 8 and Smash had such a long development cycle, and they are so key to Nintendo's games that I can see why. However, I understand why you feel this way, and I think new games sprinkled with re-releases will be satisfactory as well. Especially since the ports will likely only last a single year of the Switch's life cycle. I also think third parties will do wonders for this first year, giving us a ton of content.
Aside from that, I want games that are made with TV in mind. I want games that are meant to be played by a console, on a couch, in front of a big ol' TV. I want the epic console games that the Wii and Wii U missed out on bc of whatever reason. I don't want watered-down games that will run on "on-the-go" mode, so they have to make sacrifices for the TV-mode. I don't want half-assed games.
Totally agree with this one. The Wii U was very disappointing in this regard. The Switch also won't be a downgrade from the Wii U undocked, just so you know. It's actually still quite a deal more powerful than the entirety of the Wii U. I think Nintendo is not going to disappoint in this regard, as younger developers take the torch of Nintendo. BotW, and the little that we've seen of Mario Switch give me a lot of hope in this regard.
I want an incredible operating system and an incredible online interface. I want Xbox Live to feel inadequate when compared to Nintendo Network. I want a UI that works in-game at any point, and I never ever want to be told I can't open my home menu when I press the home button. I want a seamless online experience and a user-friendly dashboard and operating system.
100% agreed. Couldn't have said it myself.
Finally, I want Nintendo to grow up and stop treating us like children, especially with things like Miiverse. Miiverse is awesome. I love the concept. But seriously, the way the censor everything is absurd.
I think Nintendo could be doing this exact thing. Just look at the Switch reveal trailer. Not a child in sight. Just 20-30 year olds that have an awesome thing and going out and having an epic adult time. If Nintendo carries out this marketing: we are absolutely golden. If they don't.... Well.... That won't end well. But I think Nintendo learned their lesson this time.
If I even get 1/4 from this list, I'll be satisfied. If I get 2/4 I'll be thrilled. Anything over that, and I'll be ecstatic.

So I'm not sure why a game like Overwatch wouldn't be on the Switch, unless it's just too late. I would imagine people who want it already have it. But unless the Switch just "can't" do that, I'm not sure why that so-called insider would say something like that.
She isn't saying that it "can't" do that, she is merely saying that it is not being created as of right now.

I want ZERO ports. I want all new ideas, made from scratch, with the Switch in mind.
While that willn ot be happening, there is quite a few new games baing made with the switch in mind.[/quote]

I get that a lot of really great games went unplayed by a lot of people because they didn't own Wii Us, right? So million of potential customers didn't play MK8 or Splatoon. And that's a shame, because they're fantastic games. So I get that Nintendo are trying to make sure those games get the most exposure. But I played them. I played them and so did other loyal Nintendo consumers who did buy the Wii U, and now we're basically being told "You are stupid for getting this; you should have waited," by Nintendo themselves when they're saying they're making Switch versions of these games. It's not only a slap in the face, it's a waste, because I won't re-buy a game I already own.
By this logic the WW and TP HD remakes should not have made because people should have played them on the GC and Wii. OOT and MM 3D should not have been made because people should have played them on the N64. The Switch remakes are fine. But what gets most people annoyed is the Nintendo game remakes so close to the original release. Like the WiiU game remakes on the 3DS. MK8 on the Switch? More remakes? It sounds like Nintendo realises it needs games on launch day. It can't spend years making this like Splatoon 2 and MK9 etc etc. Also I do think the hardware took up most of their time so every available person who could work on hardware did. So yeah it suchs buying games again so soon after the original release, I hear you there, it's not the end of the world. As lnog as enough good new games are out too it'll be fine.

I think this is the case. BotW on Jimmy Fallon looked prome for a TV style experience. The portable showing was just a smaller TV style experience. Personally I think Nintendo's recent innovation on control methods needs to continue. It's pushing the industry forward. I do however think Nintendo need to cater for everyone. The joycons and pro controller are a good step in this direction without alienating the fold who want the traditional (since the 1980's) gaming experience.

Nintendo need to learn how to do this. No more BS friend codes. jsut have a good online system and voice chat. MS, Blizzard and others have nailed this. Nintendo needs to do the same. The home menu button might need a delay though for when game saving or other stuff. But that should only be a few seconds at most.

The Switch reveal video is proof Nintendo is trying to do this. No little kids in the video at all. Everyother Nintendo console as been marketed towards little children. The Switch is older teens and up in it's marketing. Miiverse censorship will probably not change. Not Nintendo's fault though. Blame the butthurt millenial generation snowflake who can't handle the fact someone else might have a different opinion to them. They would complain so much if they say different opnions or profanity on Miiverse. Nintendo can either appease them or tell them to go jump in Bower's castle moat of lava.

It's not happening, not because of any rumour. She doesn't understand Blizzard at all. If it was going to be a thing, Overwatch on Switch, it's have been announced by Blizzard already. Blizzard announce things years and years before it's released.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Now this, you almost 100% won't get. However, so long as new games release on the system, unlike the Wii U, then I think you should be more or less satisfied. I understand why. However, it looks like Splatoon is almost entirely new. Mariokart 8 and Smash had such a long development cycle, and they are so key to Nintendo's games that I can see why. However, I understand why you feel this way, and I think new games sprinkled with re-releases will be satisfactory as well. Especially since the ports will likely only last a single year of the Switch's life cycle. I also think third parties will do wonders for this first year, giving us a ton of content.

I get that. I know this is the one that's practically guaranteed to disappoint me. I've accepted that we're getting some ports, but I'm hoping at least that the ports will be few and new games will be more.

By this logic the WW and TP HD remakes should not have made because people should have played them on the GC and Wii. OOT and MM 3D should not have been made because people should have played them on the N64. The Switch remakes are fine. But what gets most people annoyed is the Nintendo game remakes so close to the original release. Like the WiiU game remakes on the 3DS. MK8 on the Switch? More remakes? It sounds like Nintendo realises it needs games on launch day. It can't spend years making this like Splatoon 2 and MK9 etc etc. Also I do think the hardware took up most of their time so every available person who could work on hardware did. So yeah it suchs buying games again so soon after the original release, I hear you there, it's not the end of the world. As lnog as enough good new games are out too it'll be fine.

Yep. I don't think those games should have been made. Don't get me wrong, I loved WWHD, but it didn't need to exist. There was no need for it. But as you say, the Switch needs games on launch day, so we're getting ports. The same thing happened with the PS3–>PS4 and the 360–>XBO, so I'm not surprised, but I am a little disappointed.

Totally agree with this one. The Wii U was very disappointing in this regard. The Switch also won't be a downgrade from the Wii U undocked, just so you know. It's actually still quite a deal more powerful than the entirety of the Wii U. I think Nintendo is not going to disappoint in this regard, as younger developers take the torch of Nintendo. BotW, and the little that we've seen of Mario Switch give me a lot of hope in this regard.

Not quite what I meant. I mean that I don't want games that are made knowing that undocked will run worse than docked, so they optimize the games for undocked. What that means is that we won't get the full potential of the game once docked. Makes sense? In other words, I want games made for docked Switch. If they run poorly on-the-go, so be it, but I don't want to be shorted because devs know undocked won't be able to run the game as smoothly.

That's one of my biggest worries. As much as people are still calling it a portable, it isn't really. It's a console that has the ability to be taken with you. But it's a console first, otherwise it wouldn't lose so much power undocked (that is, of course, unless all the rumors have been absolutely false so far). But if developers treat it as a portable, then we won't get true console experiences.

And I'm sure the undocked is still more powerful than the Wii U, but the Wii U is old news. It needs to compete with the PS4 and XBO now, not the Wii U.

I think this is the case. BotW on Jimmy Fallon looked prome for a TV style experience. The portable showing was just a smaller TV style experience. Personally I think Nintendo's recent innovation on control methods needs to continue. It's pushing the industry forward. I do however think Nintendo need to cater for everyone. The joycons and pro controller are a good step in this direction without alienating the fold who want the traditional (since the 1980's) gaming experience.

That was just a demo, I feel, not the full-game experience. Have to wait and see how much the game actually suffers when taken undocked. I really hope it's not as bad as everyone is saying.

As far as controllers, I think Nintendo already hit the sweet spot with motion/kinetic controls. The joy cons look incredibly uncomfortable, being so small (personal preference, as I'm sure some people will find them perfectly fine). I actually came up with a concept for a controller that had a detachable grip on one of the sides. It converted to something resembling the Wii Remote + Analog when detached, with a pointer, if you wanted to play your FPSs that way. Then it connected back and resembled a "traditional" controller if you wanted to play normally. It wasn't perfect, but I think if someone came up with something like that, it would be the best of both worlds, because I still think the Wii Remote is and was the best console control method for FPSs. Far far far far far far superior to dual analog sticks.

I think Nintendo could be doing this exact thing. Just look at the Switch reveal trailer. Not a child in sight. Just 20-30 year olds that have an awesome thing and going out and having an epic adult time. If Nintendo carries out this marketing: we are absolutely golden. If they don't.... Well.... That won't end well. But I think Nintendo learned their lesson this time.
The Switch reveal video is proof Nintendo is trying to do this. No little kids in the video at all. Everyother Nintendo console as been marketed towards little children. The Switch is older teens and up in it's marketing. Miiverse censorship will probably not change. Not Nintendo's fault though. Blame the butthurt millenial generation snowflake who can't handle the fact someone else might have a different opinion to them. They would complain so much if they say different opnions or profanity on Miiverse. Nintendo can either appease them or tell them to go jump in Bower's castle moat of lava.

I will agree with both of you here. It was very refreshing to see zero children in the reveal trailer. Although I don't think its millennial snowflakes that are to blame on Miiverse. Once, I posted a picture of a kagaroc with the caption "I'm gonna kill you!" on the Wind Waker HD section. It was taken down and I was given a warning because I used the word "kill."

-Eternal Darkness-
I dont think horror games exist anymore. Slenderman and outlast etc arent scary, theyre cheap and their jump scare tactics are tacky and unimaginative. How about bringing a proper, intriguing, smart and creative horror back from the dead in Eternal Darkness? The original was amazing and unique, and at this point it'd have the market to itself.

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water. Hands down, the most terrified I've ever been in a video game. If you haven't tried it, you need to. Wii U exclusive. Good use of the GamePad. Really scary.

I get that. I know this is the one that's practically guaranteed to disappoint me. I've accepted that we're getting some ports, but I'm hoping at least that the ports will be few and new games will be more.
As long as there is good new games it should be ok. I hear you on this totally. The WiiU relied of ****ty ports of old games on launch day and look what what resulted in. The Switch needs to do better. I agree with you totally.

Yep. I don't think those games should have been made. Don't get me wrong, I loved WWHD, but it didn't need to exist. There was no need for it. But as you say, the Switch needs games on launch day, so we're getting ports. The same thing happened with the PS3–>PS4 and the 360–>XBO, so I'm not surprised, but I am a little disappointed.
In a way I agree with you. If there was enough new games, so many that there was no time to play remakes, then the remakes would not have been made. The WiiU needed those ports but the WiiU should have not needed to need those ports but the bungled launch caused this.

Not quite what I meant. I mean that I don't want games that are made knowing that undocked will run worse than docked, so they optimize the games for undocked. What that means is that we won't get the full potential of the game once docked. Makes sense? In other words, I want games made for docked Switch. If they run poorly on-the-go, so be it, but I don't want to be shorted because devs know undocked won't be able to run the game as smoothly.
That's if portable is really that bad. If portable is fine then it doesn't matter. I do agree with you totally however. Don't destroy the dockerd experience just to caster for portable mode. Teh Switch games need ot be designed with both modes in mind. Not just mirroring the portable experience on your TV. Actually make great games.

That's one of my biggest worries. As much as people are still calling it a portable, it isn't really. It's a console that has the ability to be taken with you. But it's a console first, otherwise it wouldn't lose so much power undocked (that is, of course, unless all the rumors have been absolutely false so far). But if developers treat it as a portable, then we won't get true console experiences.
Both stationary and portable video game machines are consoles. However I get what you mean. The Switch is tablet portable, not 3DS portable. The rumours are a little vague on what the dock actually does. I've heard some say it just mirrors coonsile to the TV. Others have said it makes the experience slightly better as there's no screen to push pixels to so the power is better used for the TV. Others yet again say the cpu is under clocked portable but at full speed docked. So yeah the tumours are not converging on the same point. We'll have to wait till the Jan 13 event to know which it is.

And I'm sure the undocked is still more powerful than the Wii U, but the Wii U is old news. It needs to compete with the PS4 and XBO now, not the Wii U.
I don't think compete with just be able to be ported to easily. The bug question is how much power does the Switch need to get the sales. We know portable machines don't have to be as powerful to get the sales because of the portability factor. But The Switch, because of what it is, I think needs more power than any other dedicated portable gaming console ever made. So I agree with you the competition is there. Not so much with XB1 but more with PS4. I've had countless people talk to em not sure if you get future games on the Switch or the PS4. They all were legit not sure and undecided. The XB1 was not even ni the equation for any of them. But Switch VS PS4 was the question. So what you say here is totally on topic and I agree.

That was just a demo, I feel, not the full-game experience. Have to wait and see how much the game actually suffers when taken undocked. I really hope it's not as bad as everyone is saying.
The WiiU version is said to be pretty choppy, pop inny and unstable frame rates. But that's the WiiU version. No one of note outside Nintendo and Jimym Fallon has played the Switch version. Lets hope the Switch version is way better. If it's not, then Nintendo has failed. Made a game too grand for the console. I hope this is not the case. Soon enough we'll know.

As far as controllers, I think Nintendo already hit the sweet spot with motion/kinetic controls. The joy cons look incredibly uncomfortable, being so small (personal preference, as I'm sure some people will find them perfectly fine). I actually came up with a concept for a controller that had a detachable grip on one of the sides. It converted to something resembling the Wii Remote + Analog when detached, with a pointer, if you wanted to play your FPSs that way. Then it connected back and resembled a "traditional" controller if you wanted to play normally. It wasn't perfect, but I think if someone came up with something like that, it would be the best of both worlds, because I still think the Wii Remote is and was the best console control method for FPSs. Far far far far far far superior to dual analog sticks.
Metroid Prime did the dual sticks quite amazingly. I played MP and MP2 megin to end. I even beat MP on hard. The last boss there was a nightmare but I beat it finally. That played amazingly on the GC. No other twin stick FPS has played so well. I would say the Zelda style lock on that MP has was the reason why. In any multiplayer FPS lock ons like that would be cheating however.
I tried MP3 with the Wiimote and I was not so good at it. Mind you I didn't practice much with it. Certainly has a higher learning curve than the twin sticks. I would assume when mastered the wiimote would be better. One of the Joycons is rumoured to have an IR pointer on it. Basically it can become a Wiimote of sorts. If true I think that's a great idea. having that functionality but not forcing it on the developers. So the developers can choose which way they want you to paly their games. Also it allows for yet another of the bazillion ways you can play Super Smash Bros for Switch (jokes :) )

I will agree with both of you here. It was very refreshing to see zero children in the reveal trailer. Although I don't think its millennial snowflakes that are to blame on Miiverse. Once, I posted a picture of a kagaroc with the caption "I'm gonna kill you!" on the Wind Waker HD section. It was taken down and I was given a warning because I used the word "kill."
Yeah that censorship needs to stop. If Nintendo want adults to purchase Switches (and they do based on the trailer) then they need to start treating their potential adult customers like adults. The console has finally moved from child oriented to adult oriented. This is a huge culture shift for Nintendo. That shift needs to permiate Miiverse, the Switsh OS, the type and age rating of games on the Switch etc etc. Nintendo's whole culture needs to change. The reveal trailer is a very good start. But can they keep it up with everything else?

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water. Hands down, the most terrified I've ever been in a video game. If you haven't tried it, you need to. Wii U exclusive. Good use of the GamePad. Really scary.
Never played it. I guess I should look into it. See if it's on sale. I remember back in the Gamecube days playing Eternal Darkness. That was quite scary. Not in the gross blood and gore way. But in the more thriller style. I perfer that kind of horror. The less voilent but just as scary kind. Eternal Darkness was a great horror game.
Note well: It's called "Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water" here in PAL.

Got it special edition hard copy. Project Zero is my favourite horror franchise since Silent Hill died. It really is a shame that its one of the only decent uses of the gamepad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom