• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo revamping Zelda

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I wanted to get a bit of a discussion going as to what do you think will happen for Nintendo when they do something new for the Zelda series.

I think it's likely for any DS Zelda games to have more enhanced multiplayer modes than previous Zelda games, even adventures that are as co-operative as 4 swords, or even more so. I definitely think that can be anticipated.

There may even be a two-to-four player versus mode, not like what happened in Phantom Hourglass, but more like the Four Sword game that required 4 different gameboys and the Gamecube link cables.

I also believe that Zelda on the Wii will take a turn for more of a "toon link" feel, and that it will definitely have a new feeling to it in terms of weapons and controls. I don't think Nintendo wants to sit around on the success of Twilight Princess when they can address younger fans with a much less serious toon Link.

Not that I like toon Link that much, but I definitely think there will be more of him in the future.

What are your thoughts to what Nintendo will do?

Shiggy or Eiji (forgot which one) already said they're using a realistic approach to the console Zelda games (like TP), and cel shaded for the portable Zelda games (like PH).

As for the 4swords thing... that will surely come. After all, their inspiration for the DS was Four Swords for the GBA.

Yeah, it seems definite that a new FS for the DS is coming. I don't know about the Wii, but it seems like they could do a more realistic looking game with it's graphics capabilities.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I like both the Toon Link and realistic graphics, but they serve different purposes. What I'm worried about is them 'changing Zelda as we know it'. I thought the way it ran was fine, and that it doesn't need to be overhauled. If it turns out to be amazing, then I won't care, but I just hope it doesn't ruin anything for me. Just my two cents.

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
Yeah, it seems definite that a new FS for the DS is coming. I don't know about the Wii, but it seems like they could do a more realistic looking game with it's graphics capabilities.

I agree. They probably want more people to buy their Zelda games and more people have a DS than Wii so I'm feelin' pretty good about a new ds game but this time much harder I hope.

Wii games take time to make.

Probably four player games will come out but not much because sometimes it is better just to figure it out by yourself

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
i dunno but i have a feeling that nintendo will bring out a new zelda for the wii.
why you ask, well tp was meant for the GC in the first place, so i really hope for a zelda game that is 100% exclusive only on the wii.

P

proctorFFVII

I've sorta been thinkin' that Nintendo will be releasing a new Zelda game sometime this fall because of what the back of the September '08 issue of Nintendo Power said that they'd show a game that was not unvieled at E3. Probably they'll go in the direction of Final Fantasy VII and make it futuristic.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I like both the Toon Link and realistic graphics, but they serve different purposes. What I'm worried about is them 'changing Zelda as we know it'. I thought the way it ran was fine, and that it doesn't need to be overhauled. If it turns out to be amazing, then I won't care, but I just hope it doesn't ruin anything for me. Just my two cents.

If they ruin it for us I guess we´ll have to play the old games over and over again!!

linkman8

True and Noble
If they ruin it for us I guess we´ll have to play the old games over and over again!!
Or switch to Final Fantasy. :D jk

But we all know Nintendo better than that, they won't ruin it for us, because they've radically changed things in Zelda before, like the transition from LoZ to AoL, and they never failed us, so I can't see them failing in the future.

But on a FS for the DS; that would be interesting if it had online cooperative play. A few of us would have to hook up and play. :)

ALTTP

Vaati wants you
Teamup

I think a co-op game could be cool. A sequel to TP where Zelda and Link work to re-establish a link to the twilight realm and save midna.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
OK, I admit it, I like the cel shaded style of The WindWaker, but the Wii should try to re-create them. Phantom Hourglass has shown how powerful the DS is, but I'm sure that the DS can do more. The two links that were stated are Link and Toon Link.
Link shows the texture capabilites of the console. Toon Link shows the polygon and color capabilites of the console. Give the Wii Toon Link (not the Brawl version, but the WW version) and the DS should get Link. We can see the full capabilites of both consoles.

Now that, I have to agree with you on. I like Zelda just the way it is.

I've sorta been thinkin' that Nintendo will be releasing a new Zelda game sometime this fall because of what the back of the September '08 issue of Nintendo Power said that they'd show a game that was not unvieled at E3.

Well, I don't quite know when the idea of Zelda came around this statement. Nintendo is a big company, they make a lot of games, that could have meant anything, because, what important was shown at E3 anyway?

Two things I am thinking.

1. That there is going to be a hell of a lot more multiplayer, with what they have done so far, why stop now?

2. With what they have been saying about incredibly harder, I'm hoping that they will go in that direction, but with the direction that I have seen them going in, my gut would have to say them revamping it, but then it's just going to be as easy as it is now.

Yeah, it seems likely we'll get some DS FS game. As for the back of Nintendo power thing, that could even have been about Fire Emblem. I don't think the difficulty will go up much, because I'm sure that Nintendo would lose a bunch of it's "casual" players that it gained with PH and TP. Or that's at least how they will look at it I think. Also, I think we are going to get a big graphical upgrade for Wii, because TP was with GC graphics, so Nintendo hasn't shown how far they can go graphically for Zelda.

D

Dexter

the next zelda needs to be kinda like elder scrolls oblivion, but not with the first person perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom