• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Nintendo has Zelda Wii U Footage, But Didn't Show it

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
There is no proof Zelda U won't happen or that the NX will be released in 2017. Most likely 2018 based on Nintendo's console history. It would also be ridiculous for them to have a system with no main series Zelda on it. My best guess is that Zelda Wii U will indeed be released in 2016 as promised.

1) Reggie said that they will talk most about the system next year, hinting at a highly possible reveal. And usually, we get every next console or handheld a year after reveal. The 3DS was reveal at E3 2010, we got it in our hands in March 2011. The Wii U was revealed in 2011, we got that system in our homes in 2012. That said, plus Reggie's confirmation on next year's reveal for the NX, I can guarantee that we will have the NX in our homes in Holiday 2017, not 2018.

2) My best prediction, based on what I've seen, heard, witnessed so far, and Nintendo's ACTIONS, NO it won't! Zelda Wii U NX will release as an NX launch title in 2017. That's ONLY REAL reason they delayed the game the way they did in first place and the reason why they don't want to show more of the game this year.

Also, if the game was coming out next year, they would've shown the game at this year's E3! And whatever Reggie said about only showing game that are coming out this year or early next is BS cause in 2013 they first announced Smash 4, that came out in Fall-Holiday 2014, SS first shown off in 2010 (not counting the artwork in 2009 since that wasn't actual in-game content), the game released November 2011. My point is, they reveal games that are coming in holiday season of the year after reveal almost ALL the time, mostly if they have any. Which at this point in this case, right now, they do NOT have ANY new games scheduled for next year's Holiday season, so they didn't show any. This essentially means, that Zelda Wii U NX will NOT release next year.

Remember, ACTIONS speak LOUDER than words!

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
1) Reggie said that they will talk most about the system next year, hinting at a highly possible reveal. And usually, we get every next console or handheld a year after reveal. The 3DS was reveal at E3 2010, we got it in our hands in March 2011. The Wii U was revealed in 2011, we got that system in our homes in 2012. That said, plus Reggie's confirmation on next year's reveal for the NX, I can guarantee that we will have the NX in our homes in Holiday 2017, not 2018.

2) My best prediction, based on what I've seen, heard, witnessed so far, and Nintendo's ACTIONS, NO it won't! Zelda Wii U NX will release as an NX launch title in 2017. That's ONLY REAL reason they delayed the game the way they did in first place and the reason why they don't want to show more of the game this year.

Also, if the game was coming out next year, they would've shown the game at this year's E3! And whatever Reggie said about only showing game that are coming out this year or early next is BS cause in 2013 they first announced Smash 4, that came out in Fall-Holiday 2014, SS first shown off in 2010 (not counting the artwork in 2009 since that wasn't actual in-game content), the game released November 2011. My point is, they reveal games that are coming in holiday season of the year after reveal almost ALL the time, mostly if they have any. Which at this point in this case, right now, they do NOT have ANY new games scheduled for next year's Holiday season, so they didn't show any. This essentially means, that Zelda Wii U NX will NOT release next year.

This is all speculation. None of what anyone is speculating has been confirmed. No one is right or wrong. I agree with you when you say actions speak louder than words. When Nintendo shows some action, I'll believe what you're saying. You say actions speak louder than words, but all the "actions" you've quoted are just words. It all boils down to a game we want to have being released on one system or another, one year or another. It doesn't really matter in the long run.
Also, you don't really need to bold or capitalize words to emphasize. I can understand your point without you needing to make grammatical errors.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

Ummm........
I mean, that is kind of hypocritical. I mean, they were true to their word. They seemed to show games only releasing up through Q1-2 2016. There needs to be some title, big or small, during each quarter. Yet we do not know about any of them. If they showed off a 2016 holiday game, and not Zelda Wii U, I would disagree with you.
You are also forgetting, that Nintendo needs a holiday title for the year.
This year, it seems to be Star Fox and Xenoblade X.
Next year, it will be Zelda Wii U.
Not having a holiday title is a lie, as we know Nintendo has something. We already know about something. Zelda Wii U.
They said they will release some footage soonish too.
If they already have the footage, I am pretty sure they will show us something this year. My bets lie on a November/December Nintendo Direct, or Zelda Wii U will take another round at the Game Awards Show.
I think you are reading into things way too much.
Also, may I add, is that they showed off the game in playable format during E3 2014, and at the Game Awards Show.
Actions do speak louder than words.
And everything they have acted upon is only that they need an extra year for the game.
Zelda Wii U is going to come out on Wii U as well.
Do you know how detrimental to a game changing systems? The only reason they pulled it off with TP is because the Wii and Gamecube used almost the exact same architecture. With the NX, they would have to scrap almost everything considering what they are probable to do.
Zelda Wii U is at least going to come out on Wii U. There is no other way to slice it.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Deciding not to show footage of a game (from experience) is a wise move, if you show the same footage that has already be seen, then the public will most likely think there has been no work done on the game, if the footage is different, then the public will start getting unruly and want the game before it's finished, in theory, (which will give us another Sonic '06 type failure) I wouldn't show footage of my own game until its completed to avoid dealing with delays due to coding errors.

VitaTempusN92

This is all speculation. None of what anyone is speculating has been confirmed. No one is right or wrong. I agree with you when you say actions speak louder than words. When Nintendo shows some action, I'll believe what you're saying. You say actions speak louder than words, but all the "actions" you've quoted are just words. It all boils down to a game we want to have being released on one system or another, one year or another. It doesn't really matter in the long run.
Also, you don't really need to bold or capitalize words to emphasize. I can understand your point without you needing to make grammatical errors.

[facepalms] The actions I was talking about were NOT just words. Their ACTION from when THEY DECIDED to NOT show Zelda U this year, THEM NOT listening to their fans when they told to please show Zelda U, THEY DECIDED still stick with THEIR IDEA, NOT to show Zelda U, even though, THEY had FOOTAGE prepared, the footage that was probably MOST likely prepared BEFORE they DECIDED in March, to DELAY the game, NOT showing at E3, HARDLY ever mentioning the Wii U at ALL, MENTIONING the NX more than they did the Wii U in the Digital Direct, then FINALLY, LYING to US, saying that E3 is the time they focus only on games coming later in the same year and Q1-Q2 of the next year, and when THEY, yet AGAIN, made ANOTHER stupid UNRELIABLE promise, saying that the new console Zelda is still coming to Wii U next year, when I KNOW darn WELL, that is NOT going to HAPPEN. THOSE were ACTIONS I was talking about. HOW the HELL were those ACTIONS just WORDS!?

Ummm........
I mean, that is kind of hypocritical. I mean, they were true to their word. They seemed to show games only releasing up through Q1-2 2016. There needs to be some title, big or small, during each quarter. Yet we do not know about any of them. If they showed off a 2016 holiday game, and not Zelda Wii U, I would disagree with you.
You are also forgetting, that Nintendo needs a holiday title for the year.
This year, it seems to be Star Fox and Xenoblade X.
Next year, it will be Zelda Wii U.
Not having a holiday title is a lie, as we know Nintendo has something. We already know about something. Zelda Wii U.
They said they will release some footage soonish too.

If they already have the footage, I am pretty sure they will show us something this year. My bets lie on a November/December Nintendo Direct, or Zelda Wii U will take another round at the Game Awards Show.
I think you are reading into things way too much.
Also, may I add, is that they showed off the game in playable format during E3 2014, and at the Game Awards Show.
Actions do speak louder than words.
And everything they have acted upon is only that they need an extra year for the game.
Zelda Wii U is going to come out on Wii U as well.
Do you know how detrimental to a game changing systems? The only reason they pulled it off with TP is because the Wii and Gamecube used almost the exact same architecture. With the NX, they would have to scrap almost everything considering what they are probable to do.
Zelda Wii U is at least going to come out on Wii U.
There is no other way to slice it.

1) You are right about that one.

2) Um, how? How would you still disagree with me even if they did show a holiday 2016 game that's not Zelda? If anything, wouldn't agree with me?

3) Nope.

4) What? Uh, no, we don't know if Zelda Wii U NX is going to be a holiday 2016. And Nintendo only said the new console Zelda will have a 2016 release, even though, that's a lie. They said NOTHING about Holiday Season. That's just an assumption based on just words and Nintendo's history with big name Zelda games.

5) If you really agree me on that, then why don't you agree with me on anything I just said based on FACTS and ACTIONS?

6) Nope. Nintendo's ACTIONS prove otherwise.

7) Uh, all they have to do is port the game over to NX and convert it into an NX game so they can add more to the game then what it would've had as a Wii U game. You forget what Aonuma said in March. He said that NEW IDEAS spawned as he and his team working hard on the game. He said, he noticed the game had MORE POTENTIAL than he initially thought and he wants to make the game the ULTIMATE Zelda EXPERIENCE. I feel like he ONLY lied about the Wii U part. They're NOT going to make the SAME mistake as they did the Wii U in the FIRST PLACE. That's why they would want the game to be an NX launch title, so that in hopes that the NX that can actually prove to be more successful than Wii U ever was.

Besides, it's CONFIRMED that the game's DEFINITIVE FINAL version would be TOO BIG for the Wii U, as mostly just the world was big enough. The ONLY way they could make this game STILL for the Wii U is to FIRST, WATER DOWN the game, which is something that Aonuma himself made clear back in March, he would NOT want!

8) Again Aonuma's desires for the game and Nintendo's ACTIONS strongly disagree.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
[facepalms] The actions I was talking about were NOT just words. Their ACTION from when THEY DECIDED to NOT show Zelda U this year, THEM NOT listening to their fans when they told to please show Zelda U, THEY DECIDED still stick with THEIR IDEA, NOT to show Zelda U, even though, THEY had FOOTAGE prepared, the footage that was probably MOST likely prepared BEFORE they DECIDED in March, to DELAY the game, NOT showing at E3, HARDLY ever mentioning the Wii U at ALL, MENTIONING the NX more than they did the Wii U in the Digital Direct, then FINALLY, LYING to US, saying that E3 is the time they focus only on games coming later in the same year and Q1-Q2 of the next year, and when THEY, yet AGAIN, made ANOTHER stupid UNRELIABLE promise, saying that the new console Zelda is still coming to Wii U next year, when I KNOW darn WELL, that is NOT going to HAPPEN. THOSE were ACTIONS I was talking about. HOW the HELL were those ACTIONS just WORDS!?

2) Um, how? How would you still disagree with me even if they did show a holiday 2016 game that's not Zelda? If anything, wouldn't agree with me?

3) Nope.

4) What? Uh, no, we don't know if Zelda Wii U NX is going to be a holiday 2016. And Nintendo only said the new console Zelda will have a 2016 release, even though, that's a lie. They said NOTHING about Holiday Season. That's just an assumption based on just words and Nintendo's history with big name Zelda games.

5) If you really agree me on that, then why don't you agree with me on anything I just said based on FACTS and ACTIONS?

7) Uh, all they have to do is port the game over to NX and convert it into an NX game so they can add more to the game then what it would've had as a Wii U game. You forget what Aonuma said in March. He said that NEW IDEAS spawned as he and his team working hard on the game. He said, he noticed the game had MORE POTENTIAL than he initially thought and he wants to make the game the ULTIMATE Zelda EXPERIENCE. I feel like he ONLY lied about the Wii U part. They're NOT going to make the SAME mistake as they did the Wii U in the FIRST PLACE. That's why they would want the game to be an NX launch title, so that in hopes that the NX that can actually prove to be more successful than Wii U ever was.

Besides, it's CONFIRMED that the game's DEFINITIVE FINAL version would be TOO BIG for the Wii U, as mostly just the world was big enough. The ONLY way they could make this game STILL for the Wii U is to FIRST, WATER DOWN the game, which is something that Aonuma himself made clear back in March, he would NOT want!

8) Again Aonuma's desires for the game and Nintendo's ACTIONS strongly disagree.
CAPS LOCK DOES NOT MAKE YOURARGUMENT MORE VALID neither does or bolded underline

If Nintendo listened to all the fans nothing would be accomplished do to conflicting ideas of what makes a Zelda game.

Can you post sources to back up your claim?

InsomniacAttack

3) Nope.

STOP writing like A CHILD. NOBODY takes you seriously WHEN YOU capitalize random WORDS.

You have no proof they had footage prepared at all. In fact, they most likely don't because they were focused on E3. It sounds like you're taking Nintendo's decision to not show Zelda as "we hate our fans and won't listen to them." And no, they didn't lie to us. E3 is meant for developers to show off some stuff they've had in the works as well as new games. They did focus on games coming this year, there just aren't many. Also, future Nintendo Directs in the coming months will undoubtedly detail games shown off at E3 along with Zelda Wii U.

Bottom line, just because Nintendo made the decision not to show off Zelda Wii U at E3 doesn't mean they aren't working on it at all and that they're going to move it to their next console. Stop making Nintendo seem like the bad guy. They make fun games for us without asking anything in return but support. So when you say Nintendo is lying to us and cheating us out of our games we 'deserve so much', you're shooting yourself in the foot.

Last edited:

VitaTempusN92

CAPS LOCK DOES NOT MAKE YOURARGUMENT MORE VALID neither does or bolded underline

If Nintendo listened to all the fans nothing would be accomplished do to conflicting ideas of what makes a Zelda game.

Can you post sources to back up your claim?

You don't know that caps are used as text yelling do you? I used caps cause I showing how much I'm stressing my point. Sheesh, you're being dumber than a sixth grader.

STOP writing like A CHILD. NOBODY takes you seriously WHEN YOU capitalize random WORDS.

You have no proof they had footage prepared at all. In fact, they most likely don't because they were focused on E3. It sounds like you're taking Nintendo's decision to not show Zelda as "we hate our fans and won't listen to them." And no, they didn't lie to us. E3 is meant for developers to show off some stuff they've had in the works as well as new games. They did focus on games coming this year, there just aren't many. Also, future Nintendo Directs in the coming months will undoubtedly detail games shown off at E3 along with Zelda Wii U.

Bottom line, just because Nintendo made the decision not to show off Zelda Wii U at E3 doesn't mean they aren't working on it at all and that they're going to move it to their next console. Stop making Nintendo seem like the bad guy. They make fun games for us without asking anything in return but support. So when you say Nintendo is lying to us and cheating us out of our games we 'deserve so much', you're shooting yourself in the foot.

1) I guessyou don't know that caps are used as text yelling either do you? I was caps cause I showing how much I'm stressing my point. Sheesh, you're being dumber than a sixth grader also. Yes, this makes you the child, not me.

2) Not this BS again. Seriously, just when I thought people were over this sh**! I did have proof, you just didn't see it cause you're too busy being dumber than a sixth grader.

3) I'm not trying to. I speak purely neutral with pure honesty.

4) No, you are by being dumber than a sixth grader, lacking serious information, information that I keep stressing and it all just goes in one eye and out the other. At least I follow things based on real facts, actions, and history. At least I actually understood what Aonuma really meant when he said that he wants the Zelda Wii U NX to be the ultimate Zelda experience. I guess, apparently, I'm the only one who knows about the news from earlier this year that, just the game's world as it is, takes up all of the Wii U's power, meaning, the new console Zelda's final definitive version will be too big for the Wii U to handle.

You see, in the reality of what is actually true, the only way the new console Zelda can still make it on the Wii U is if they announce and release a New Wii U that is more powerful than the original next year. And seeing that Reggie already confirmed that next year they're going to reveal the NX, yeah, I doubt we'll see a New Wii U happening. So sorry, Zelda NX is what's really going on for the console side.

Seriously, am I the only one who actually gets this? Go get some education and do your freaking research will ya before you kill my brain cells and my nerves. :mmanger:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Okay, everyone shut up on Vita's post. Similar to my argument with her on the Tetraforce thread, this is going nowhere. Just stop it now, because nobody is making headway. Agree to disagree. Please.
Deku out.

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
can we keep vita quiet? he believes he's right cause nintendo didnt say anything about zelda wii u, since they only showed whats to come from now to this time next year.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
You don't know that caps are used as text yelling do you? I used caps cause I showing how much I'm stressing my point. Sheesh, you're being dumber than a sixth grader.

1) I guessyou don't know that caps are used as text yelling either do you? I was caps cause I showing how much I'm stressing my point. Sheesh, you're being dumber than a sixth grader also. Yes, this makes you the child, not me.

2) Not this BS again. Seriously, just when I thought people were over this sh**! I did have proof, you just didn't see it cause you're too busy being dumber than a sixth grader.

4) No, you are by being dumber than a sixth grader, lacking serious information, information that I keep stressing and it all just goes in one eye and out the other. At least I follow things based on real facts, actions, and history. At least I actually understood what Aonuma really meant when he said that he wants the Zelda Wii U NX to be the ultimate Zelda experience. I guess, apparently, I'm the only one who knows about the news from earlier this year that, just the game's world as it is, takes up all of the Wii U's power, meaning, the new console Zelda's final definitive version will be too big for the Wii U to handle.

You see, in the reality of what is actually true, the only way the new console Zelda can still make it on the Wii U is if they announce and release a New Wii U that is more powerful than the original next year. And seeing that Reggie already confirmed that next year they're going to reveal the NX, yeah, I doubt we'll see a New Wii U happening. So sorry, Zelda NX is what's really going on for the console side.

Seriously, am I the only one who actually gets this? Go get some education and do your freaking research will ya before you kill my brain cells and my nerves. :mmanger:
Source as in a link to an article and not just word of mouth. Even a link to a post with said link.

InsomniacAttack

Vita, please stop calling other users stupid. And everyone please calm down here.
Thank you. It's hard to be cool as a cucumber in the bowl of hot sauce that is this thread.

Quickly, this is my last post.
I don't appreciate being called "dumber than a sixth grader." None of my posts were low blows, only intelligent counterarguments. Attacking your opponent directly doesn't move a debate forward. Also, I absolutely know why you were capitalizing your words. Emphasis. I mentioned in a previous post that you didn't have to because I understood your point.
If this argument got on your nerves, then why did you continue it? If you know you're right, why didn't you just know that you're right to yourself? The point of a debate like this one is to speculate, not prove that you're right. It seems you have no doubts that you're right so it wouldn't seem like you need to be posting here.

Know this. As life goes on, you will realize that you aren't always right. The sooner you learn this, the better. When you concede, you will be happier and people will like you more because you are agreeable. As an example, right here in this thread, I'm kept my cool this whole time. My posts are on topic and to the point, meant to add to the debate. My posts have attracted likes and support because of this. I truly hope you understand my point.
Thank you, I'm sure we can all learn from this.

P.S. "Are you dumber than a sixth grader?" would make an awesome game show.

P.P.S. The phrase is "in one ear and out the other", not in your eye and out the other.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
F*** you Reggie.
Not only does he decide to not show Zelda Wii U, he has nerve of dangling it in our faces
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/r...-fears-its-going-to-be-wonderful#.VYdjN3i9Kc0

Why doesn't he actually show is the footage instead of saying "how wonderful it is".
Really?! This is an all time low... I would rather take a CG trailer with no gameplay at this point...
Why don't they actually give us a title, or a screenshot at the very least...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom