• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo E3 2016

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
So to my surprise, Nintendo is actually going to be at E3, instead of just Zelda.

On the 14th, Nintendo will be showing Zelda U and Pokemon Sun and Moon. Which I have to say, is a pretty good lineups. Pretty good.

The following day will be covering Pokemon Go, Firu Emberem Weaabu(#FE), Monster Hunter Generations, and Dragon Quest 7.

The lineup is looking very good for 3DS. The lineup for Wii U is still god awful since we won't even get Zelda until 2017.

I'm very surprised though, that they aren't showing off Federation Force, or Color Splash. I get why they didn't show them, because these games are absolutely despised. But I don't know, they were something they could have shown off? I guess?

In my opinion, Nintendo's lineup this year's E3 still isn't even that good, unless they have some huge surprises for us. I'm excited for Zelda... Yeah I am.
I'm also very excited for DQ7, Pokemon, and Generations. They look like great games. However, the fact that they have almost nothing for Wii U this year is pretty sickening.... But this lineup is still leagues better than what we though it was going to be. I'm still not happy as well that we are at the mercy of the Nintendo treehouse. They are buffoons. I would have preferred a small direct on all these titles, then the Nintendo treehouse to expand on that.

So what do you think of all of this? What do you think of Nintendo's E3 Lineup?

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Meh. I don't expect anything else since there will be no actual direct, so them announcing anything seems like it'd be hard to do, so I guess it's ok. I'm not all that interested in Zelda, and I haven't played a Pokemon game since Emerald, and the rest doesn't really interest me at all. I'd really prefer that the NX be there, or heck even Color Splash, but I guess I can settle for what Nintendo has and what the other companies will bring.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
There's nothing to show off on the Wii U except FExSMT. Not surprised their Wii U stuff is so barebones.

I wish I could get excited for Generations, but since it's on the 3DS, I can't. I just ... I'm just not into handheld gaming that much anymore. And it just seems that a game like Monster Hunter deserves better than to be on a handheld. I'm pretty disappointed that it will be an inferiour version to what we could get on a console.

Nintendo has seemingly lost interest in E3 for the past few years, preferring other methods of getting their announcements out. It really doesn't surprise me that they're putting so much emphasis on a specific game.

Honestly, E3 itself doesn't feel like the juggernaut of gaming announcements that it used to be. I think back in the day, it was almost considered some forbidden fantasyland of gamer delights, simply because you couldn't just go there like any other convention. Now we have PAX among a variety of more open tradeshow conventions and E3 almost feels....unnecessary?

So to my surprise, Nintendo is actually going to be at E3, instead of just Zelda.

On the 14th, Nintendo will be showing Zelda U and Pokemon Sun and Moon. Which I have to say, is a pretty good lineups. Pretty good.

The following day will be covering Pokemon Go, Firu Emberem Weaabu(#FE), Monster Hunter Generations, and Dragon Quest 7.

The lineup is looking very good for 3DS. The lineup for Wii U is still god awful since we won't even get Zelda until 2017.

I'm very surprised though, that they aren't showing off Federation Force, or Color Splash. I get why they didn't show them, because these games are absolutely despised. But I don't know, they were something they could have shown off? I guess?

In my opinion, Nintendo's lineup this year's E3 still isn't even that good, unless they have some huge surprises for us. I'm excited for Zelda... Yeah I am.
I'm also very excited for DQ7, Pokemon, and Generations. They look like great games. However, the fact that they have almost nothing for Wii U this year is pretty sickening.... But this lineup is still leagues better than what we though it was going to be. I'm still not happy as well that we are at the mercy of the Nintendo treehouse. They are buffoons. I would have preferred a small direct on all these titles, then the Nintendo treehouse to expand on that.

So what do you think of all of this? What do you think of Nintendo's E3 Lineup?
So there something I'm missing or aren't these statements contradictory?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Pretty much Nintendo has lost its wits and is just doing whatever it can to drown. I think they're tired of making vidya. Wish they were more transparent with what they're doing at HQ because Idol**** #FE is not SMT x FE, MPFF is not what anyone wanted, and Paper Mario Colour Splash is all kinds of NOPE.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I need that gif of that one guy awkwardly playing Wii Music right now.

I have no expectations for Nintendo's E3 conference/livestream/whatever they're doing. Keeping my expectations low will only prevent the disappointment later on. My interest in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and the upcoming Zelda title is at all time low, and I already know what I want to know about Dragon Quest 7 and Monster Hunter Generations.

Pokemon is Pokemon. No need to hype it up, it's going to sell like hotcakes.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I feel like E3 got to big for its own britches, so to speak. It used to be the biggest—and only—video game expo in town, and it knew it. Now, there are others, and some of them are becoming actually better. E3 needs to rebrand itself, or it will die off.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I need that gif of that one guy awkwardly playing Wii Music right now.

I have no expectations for Nintendo's E3 conference/livestream/whatever they're doing. Keeping my expectations low will only prevent the disappointment later on. My interest in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and the upcoming Zelda title is at all time low, and I already know what I want to know about Dragon Quest 7 and Monster Hunter Generations.

Pokemon is Pokemon. No need to hype it up, it's going to sell like hotcakes.
You mean this guy?
nitendofallos2.gif

Come to the dark side selicyc
51nCHOZWyJL_large.jpeg
mwahahaha!:mods:

Last edited:
I feel like E3 got to big for its own britches, so to speak. It used to be the biggest—and only—video game expo in town, and it knew it. Now, there are others, and some of them are becoming actually better. E3 needs to rebrand itself, or it will die off.
If E3 dies off, Nintendo will not care. Nintendo already do gamescon (or whatever it's called in Germany) and Japan cons too. The do the EB games expo and Pax Mel in Australia. Also they have directs. If all that fails they could go the Nintendocon route. E3 have provisions for when E3 dies.

The other developers though, they might need to invest more in the other game cons or do their own version of a direct.

I think E3 will eventually go the way of Macworld. Apple pulled out of Macworld and as expected it died soon after. When the big 3 (Nintendo, Sony, MS) all pull out of E3 for verying reasons, E3 will not have enough too sustain itself as most of the games there are for the big 3 consoles, E3 will jsut collapse on itself. The big question is what will make Sony and MS see the light and leave E3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom