• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Classic Mini

I think this is honestly really god damn awesome, and, as long as they didn't milk it until it's dead, I'd like to see them try this with other consoles in a few years, and have them all fit under a certain category, something like Minitendo, with the Min64 and the... Uh... Minicube?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I think this is honestly really god damn awesome, and, as long as they didn't milk it until it's dead, I'd like to see them try this with other consoles in a few years, and have them all fit under a certain category, something like Minitendo, with the Min64 and the... Uh... Minicube?
I'd buy a mini N64 instantly.

I'd buy a Mini SNES if the games on it are actually good. Same with a Mini GC. A Mini64 though that's a maybe. I was never a huge N64 fan but since good emulation of the N64 is so hard to do I ,ight just get it for a shot at some good N64 emulation.

Do we know if the Mini NES is replica hardware for playing the games natively or emulation?

I'd buy a Mini SNES if the games on it are actually good. Same with a Mini GC. A Mini64 though that's a maybe. I was never a huge N64 fan but since good emulation of the N64 is so hard to do I ,ight just get it for a shot at some good N64 emulation.

Do we know if the Mini NES is replica hardware for playing the games natively or emulation?
I'd assume emulation, but I have no idea, so it's just a wild guess.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I would actually consider getting one of these I was too young when the nes came out the first time and it would be great to play some of the classic games in the way they were meant to be played

I think it is very, very important to note that we aren't the main target demographic here...

It's very clear that they are targeting lapsed gamers, the same target of Pokemon Go. These are the gamers who played the NES 30 years ago, and want to relive their childhood...

This is the perfect gift for your Dad that used to be really into the NES, or an old friend, or even a child who hasn't even gotten into gaming. Simplicity is key here, and I think the price point matches that as well.

Exactly. This is the kind of product that is designed to be a gift. There are products like that. I'm sure there's some fancy term in economics for it. You are not supposed to buy this for yourself. You buy this for your dad, because it will make for a fun Christmas gift and is better than a tie. You find all sorts of stuff like this in the back of Walmarts and Targets. This is not designed to set the gaming world on fire.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I think it's a neat idea, but I'll probably not get it myself, as I already own a few of the games that comes with it and if I'd want more, I'd probably just buy them on the e-shop

I for one am stoked about this. The NES is my favorite system and I still have mine. My collection of games for my real NES is limited though, and I don't have much space in my apartment for the console or the games. This NES Classic gives the same retro and nostalgic feel but it's so much smaller and plays in HD. It also includes a number of NES games I still do not own and have not played, so it's more than worth it to have a solid collection of great games in such a cool little package. There's no other way to play these games than with the original NES controller, so the fact that it comes with one is also a plus. These games were not meant to be played with a sideways wiimote or with another gamepad. NES controller all the way!

I think it's a great way for me to experience NES games, out of all of the included games I only have Super Mario Bros. and the two Zeldas... I'll definitely be picking this up to enjoy the gems of the NES era.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
I aint buying. I've already played all of the games on that system that I wanted too. (And some people have emulators)

There's no other way to play these games than with the original NES controller, so the fact that it comes with one is also a plus. These games were not meant to be played with a sideways wiimote or with another gamepad. NES controller all the way!

I hadn't considered that as a selling point, but you are right. I almost want to take back what I said before about this not being for us. It might be worth it for the controller.

Actually I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't come out with an NES controller for the modern consoles - or at least an enterprising 3rd party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom