• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
One thing I will say right now to make an argument is this: the timing of the Eclipse was at the point where it looked very likely that Libk would be lynched. I feel like someone mentioned it - I forget who - but I feel like it was probably alarmed scum trying to make the most of what they had left.
OR it was scum trying to frame Libk. Guess we will find out in about 5 minutes you stinker.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't really see any role indication about TA anywhere. Where are you seeing this? You think he wants to get a scum attack targeted to him? I don't read koki as scum so I don't follow your logic.

Like I said, lots of speculation. Jailkeeper is dead, and I feel like with 3 non-vanilla town roles, there will be one in each town. This might be bias, but I have had a slight scum read on kokirion, but not much weight behind it. Sorry so brief, but it's almost end of day.

D

Deleted member 14134

Just sitting here waiting for the lynch like

f72.gif

Jamie

Like I said, lots of speculation. Jailkeeper is dead, and I feel like with 3 non-vanilla town roles, there will be one in each town. This might be bias, but I have had a slight scum read on kokirion, but not much weight behind it. Sorry so brief, but it's almost end of day.
I've confirmed this with ALIT pregame. The town roles are completely randomized. There is no neighbourhood balance.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Day 3 Final Vote Tally:

Libk - 4 (Jamie, kokirion, Kaio-Kenshin, DekuNut)

DekuNut - 3 (Prophecies About Bok Choy, Libk, Minish_Link)

Not voting - DekuNut, Ver-go-a-go-go

The villagers scrambled to decide who to lynch as debate came down to the wire. With an upcoming solar eclipse keeping them indoors the next day, they needed to make this lynch count. Ultimately, the lynch came down to the wire as a late move by DekuNut sealed Libk's fate.

Libk shouted, "I'm town! I'm town!" as the noose went over his head.

After his death, the villagers knew they had made a grave mistake.

They entered the solar eclipse wary of what was to come.

Libk was a Vanilla Townie.

The Living (7):

DekuNut
Jamie
Kaio-Kenshin
kokirion
Minish_Link
Prophecies About Bok Choy
Ver-go-a-go-go

The Dead (5):

Tristan (replaced Storm) - Mafia Strongman (1-shot) (lynched day 1)
Johnny Sooshi - Town Jailkeeper (killed night 1)
Mido - Vanilla Townie (lynched day 2)
Pendio - Vanilla Townie (killed night 2)
Libk - Vanilla Townie (lynched day 3)

Night 3 begins!

Those of you with active night powers, please send me your actions by Wednesday, February 1st at 12 AM EST.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
DekuNut arose during the night, anxious to see the results of the extended night, his faction had predicted, come to fruition. In his excitement, he failed to realize the person standing behind him. His buddy tried to shoot at the other figure present, but Deku inadvertently stood in his way as a human meat shield.

"Damn it," Deku groaned, as his pools of blood consumed him. "It wasn't supposed to end this way."

The remaining villagers stayed in for the day due to the solar eclipse.

DekuNut was the Mafia Tracker.

The Living (6):

@Jamie
@Kaio-Kenshin
@kokirion
@Minish_Link
@Prophecies About Bok Choy
@Ver-go-a-go-go

The Dead (6):

DekuNut - Mafia Tracker (killed night 3)

Night 4 begins!

Those of you with active night powers, please send me your actions by Thursday, February 2nd at 12 AM EST.

A Link In Time

ZD Legend
After flying too close to the sun, the remaining mafia member played it safe and took out the remainder of the first neighborhood. Kaio-Kenshin was taking a nightly stroll when someone came up behind him and pulled his fake Saiyan tail. Faithful to his cosplay, Kaio-Kenshin played dead until he was actually stabbed to death with a rusty nail. And so, one of the huts had fallen. The remaining villagers found themselves in quite a conundrum, however. There was still one hut that was totally standing. Knowing the final battle would be a close struggle, they started the day with a mixture of optimism and reservation.

Kaio-Kenshin was a Vanilla Townie.

The Living (5):

@Jamie
@kokirion
@Minish_Link
@Prophecies About Bok Choy
@Ver-go-a-go-go

The Dead (7):

DekuNut - Mafia Tracker (killed night 3)
Kaio-Kenshin (replaced karu) - Vanilla Townie (killed night 4)

Day 5 begins!

Day 5 ends on Friday, February 3rd at 12 AM EST.

Jamie

I was so goddamn close to switching my vote to Deku last night. After he mentioned the Eclipse thing I felt like that was so ****ing scummy to bring that up at the end of the day like that, but I couldn't bring myself to switch my vote

So, here we go:
1. @Ver-go-a-go-go where the **** are you? Seriously, if you are scum and town loses, I'm going to feel a bit cheated because you and your predecessor didn't play for the entire ****ing game, so what are we as town supposed to do? Literally zero posts from either player. ALIT this has to be fixed somehow.
2. kokirion was a major proponent of lynching Libk since day 1, that stands out to me as suspicious now
3. Minish Link changed her vote, yes, but what if she knew Deku was going to come in and vote for Libk immediately afterwards, which is what happened (31 minutes later to be exact). If that was the case...well, then she's scum and looks pretty good right now. So, I'm definitely considering that possibility.
4. Bok does not seem scummy to me, unless he was lead by his scum mates I can't see him making some early moves he did as scum. But not writing anybody off of course.

Deceased

Prophecies About Bok Choy
Minish_Link
kokirion
Ver-go-a-go-go

Jamie

Looks like it's me versus the world.

1. @Ver-go-a-go-go where the **** are you? Seriously, if you are scum and town loses, I'm going to feel a bit cheated because you and your predecessor didn't play for the entire ****ing game, so what are we as town supposed to do? Literally zero posts from either player. ALIT this has to be fixed somehow.

Yeah, I made a mistake agreeing to replace. I think my days of playing mafia on this site are over (haven't been invested in a single game since Avengers, games are just boring and a chore to play for me now). My role is blandly vanilla and the game hasn't struck me as terribly interesting so far, so my interest was at a bottom level from the start.

I did say I'd do it though, so I'll follow through on that. From just skimming the thread, the Libk lynch strikes me as particularly problematic, as the game had progressed to the point where I feel like more pieces should have been put together to indict Deku (who's had a fairly predictable mafia meta in the past). kokirion was quite adamant about this lynch, it would probably be wise to start there.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
3. Minish Link changed her vote, yes, but what if she knew Deku was going to come in and vote for Libk immediately afterwards, which is what happened (31 minutes later to be exact). If that was the case...well, then she's scum and looks pretty good right now. So, I'm definitely considering that possibility.

I didn't change my vote. I never had it on Libk, I just didn't vote until late in the day because I couldn't figure out who to go with. I was kinda hoping you (or someone else) might change their vote to Deku after there was a tie, because I still felt like Libk might be town. That's what I get for posting right after I wake up. I was trying to get my posts in before end of day, so they were pretty rushed and not thought out very well.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Okay, so my thoughts on our neighborhood:

Bok- He brought up the idea to reveal the huts at the same time as Jamie as soon as the game started. While I could see a more experienced player like Jamie pulling a move like that as scum to gain town cred, I'm not sure an inexperienced player would do the same without the help of scum buddies. He's been pretty active, and found some different evidence in the Mido vote. All of that has a town read for me. However, at the end of the day on the Mido vote he said that he would be taking a closer look at Deku because he still felt suspicious about him, but at the beginning of the next day he says the only inconsistency he can find with Deku is that he originally disagreed with Storm about not revealing the huts, then agreed with Libk about the same. Despite the fact that that wasn't true (which Jamie and Deku both pointed out), there were other suspicious things about Deku at that point for that to be the only thing he could find. It seems like it could have been him casting suspicion on a scum buddy to try and distance themselves, but then also not wanting to throw them under the bus too much.

Kokirion- I'll admit, I've leaned scum for him for most of the game, without really any reason. I guess it's because I was leaning town for Bok and Cslaught/Ver-go hadn't posted at all so that just left him. He has been very active and playing pretty aggressively, which both seem more town like. I like that he proposed that we try to force the mafia to play by our plan as well. However, when there was a ton of suspicion and evidence on Storm/Tristan, he voted for Libk and said that if we were going to choose a neighborhood to focus on first, he wanted it to be his (Libk's). Maybe that was a plan to shift focus from Storm, who was much more obvious as scum, to the neighborhood that would be the hardest to read? If we had started with hut 3, it probably would have given mafia an easier start, because of all the experienced players in that group.

I obviously don't have anything on Cslaught/Ver-go as there aren't really any posts to go off of. The only thing there is stuff that has been pointed out that could have been due to an inactive scum member.

Jamie

I really have this between koki and Minish_Link and I'd be surprised if other users didn't also have this mindset. I feel, Minish, like you could easily have coordinated your moves with koki. I'm fairly convinced at this point that if bok or vergo are scum, town is losing this game. I would like to see what @kokiron has to say before I cast my vote however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom