• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Korkirion has a strong case against Libk. In my first (probably last) vote, I'll cast ut for him, if you have anything to say @Libk go ahead.

@Pendio I'm comin'!

D

Deleted member 14134

Okay, also running the numbers in my head now. Right now there are 8 players left. 5 Townies, 2 Mafia and 1 survivor.

Lets look at a scenario where we lynch a townie tonight. We'd be left with 4 townies, 2 mafia and 1 survivor. With the double night period coming it's possible that unless the asshole hides behind the Mafia or the survivor is killed, two more townies could be lynched leaving us with 2 townies, 2 mafia and a survivor which is (I may be wrong if I misunderstand the survivor role), but a win for the Mafia. This is another reason why I want to get Libks and Dekus opinions before the night ends, this could very well be the last day given what I explained happens and lying low might be the easiest way to achieve this.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Dont have a lot of time (class starts in 5) but just wanted to reply to Bok's concerns: I asked said questions to get more info about peoples views so I could tell them my thoughts. Im still null on Ver, obviously, but Ill be looking into you, Koki, and Minish later tonight. I have about an hour and a half worth of class left today. As of now Im leaning with Minish, but thats not the most educated opinion of all time. This will come after my Jamie/Libk decision.
Anyways, more later. Deku out.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Back to the idea of you building a case against me I can see why you'd pick me, namely because of inexperience and I might be an easier target to frame and turn fellow towns against me. While this is only a working hypothesis I'm going to be taking a better look at you and see what the upcoming lynches bring.

Look Bok. First of all, thanks for replying! I love the input. Second, I'm not framing you here. If I were scum trying to frame you because you are less "experienced" I would stockpile all my current evidence against you, keep my mouth shut about you now, try to kill everyone but me till we are alone in our neighbourhood, and then release it all at a moment during the day when we won't have lengthy discussions. I could easily get away with that. No, I'm doing it now because I want your response as well as that of currently still living members.

Having said that, here is my response:

I already explained myself to you. Most of day one discussion was back and forths between Jamie and storm, and you and Libk about whether or not it was a good idea to reveal the hoods. As for not giving my "thoughts" I gave them. I stated from the beginning that I was for revealing them early on so I don't know how I didn't contribute my thoughts on the matter. Re-reading up until my post saying I wanted to hear more from Cslaught, while some people threw in a few posts here or there no one else besides the four I named above really posted much on the matter either or any different opinions. Minish joined in abit, but once again it was mostly her saying why she thought it was a good idea to reveal the hoods. I feel like you could be saying the same about other people but you're specifically targeting me, and twice now at that.
You did explain yourself, yes. But my point was that you pointed out about cslaught that he didn't give his thoughts, while neither having given your own. I found this "scummy" because saying that to someone else is a psychological trick that automatically makes other people assume you do contribute a lot, because they (and everyone else) feel as if they have to proof their level of contribution to you. I didn't say you did that on purpose, but I did find it a scummy question due to your own amount of thoughts given.

Quite evasive huh? I gave you the opportunity to further purse the issue and ask more questions but instead you've waited until day 3 only point out the same thing. I don't see what's evasive about this. I said I gave my opinion on the matter already. Also, Storm ignored me when I agreed with jamie. If he hadn't what would of happened? I would of had the same argument with him that he was already having with Jamie which would of been quite redundant as Jamie and I obviously felt the same about sharing our hoods. As for what I said about being busy, for all three days now I've been active in the first hour or so of the day and around the last 6 as that is what my schedule allows. I've been consistent in my posting times for all three days.
true, fair point. But it is not my responsibility to keep pushing on every doubt I have at that exact moment in the game. If someone questions you and you answer that, it is your own responsibility to try to disprove them. I didn't find it necessary to make a whole argument back then about such a small matter, instead I stored the event in my mind for if you would make more such scummy posts in the future. Not such a single post makes me decide whether you are scum or not, but an accumulation of such posts might. Now is the time to discuss our neighbourhood so logically this will be brought up again.

Really, I thought my arguments were original and that I brought new evidence to the table that no one else had yet. Mido even admitted that my arguments were original.

What about my reasons did you thing were unoriginal?
Well, as you can see scrolling back to my post about you, your first accusation basically started with "as others pointed out already". Mido was already under fire from multiple sides. Later you added more thoughts. But the target Mido was not original and when you originally voted it was based primarily (though not solely) on these present arguments.

Nope, never once said I was convinced that Mido was scum, I said I had a feeling he was, and I obviously wan't the only one as he had three other votes against him. The only way I could be convinced about someones alignment is when their role is revealed via lynch or post game reveals.

As to my "last minute attack on Deku" in the post where I voted for mido on the last line I said that I'd like to hear more from Deku since he was the only one from his hood who hadn't posted and also since it was his hood under investigation. I was the first one to say I wanted to hear something from Deku. After that both Pendio and Minish both asked him what his thoughts were and he still didn't respond. Since it didn't look like he was going to respond I wanted to point out that I found it suspicious that he appeared to be keeping his head down when questions were being directed at him. I also mentioned the possibility of Mido being town in that post which further supports that I wasn't convinced of his alignment.
Convinced scum is figuratively, like saying 9 out of 10, though saying 9 out of 10 rarely means exactly 90%. All the time you said you are getting the feeling that he is scum, you voted for him (which is not a light move) etc. and keep posting more and more evidence against him (with your new evidence as well). So you were clearly from your head to your toes in the Mido-wagon, what does not sound to me that you were not convinced he is scum. Maybe you weren't, but your actions do not give off that feeling. Posting so much about him, voting against him, saying you feel he might be scum (even before all the other posts in which you tried to convince others of your case), I don't believe you only had a mild suspicion against him.

And your points about Deku make sense. Yes, I agree that that is a possibility. I said it was also possible that the mafia already knew Deku was gonna be the next target and so being part of the mafia you moved to the next (which I thought was not impossible because if you were really so focussed on Mido I'd think you would be so sure you are hitting scum you're not gonna question Deku last-minute, you would at that moment at the end of the day decide to wait till next day if Mido was not actually scum. Unless, of course, you already knew Mido was scum and your accusations against him were ingenuine). But yeah, I don't perse believe that is the most likely theory, but I cannot rule it out either.

After this you moved on to minish and gave a rather brief analysis compared to me after breaking down most of my posts on the first two days. Perhaps it's because you have a stronger read on her but I can't help but get a creeping feeling that if you're mafia, you're trying to set up a profile specifically against me.
I was writing for like 2 hours. I looked through her posts but didn't find much suspicious. Instead it felt quite town-like to me. I summarised why and decided to not spend another hour on that. If anyone disagreed they could look through it as well and see the same. Besides, we have some time left before we are going to lynch someone in our neighbourhood, that is plenty of time to write a lengthy post about that as well. In fact, I'll promise you to do that next day (I'm going to bed soon). But yeah, I found nothing there remarkable enough to mention. And I did find many such things in your posts, so I wanted to receive input from other about that, especially before they die, because especially your posts make me wonder. The posts about our neighbourhood were not a real attack, rather a decision of me to open up about my thoughts to other people to receive feedback and help me reflect on my own thoughts. I found your case more interesting so primarily wanted feedback on that. I don't know your playstyle well.

Also in your analysis you included a meme I posted and an answer to Jamies completely unrelated question about Zelda but you left out other posts that have actual substance to them. Why leave out those but include the posts that don't have any relevance what so ever?
No. Those meme posts were relevant to my point that you didn't give your thoughts till halfway day 2. It would be inaccurate of me if I would leave out certain posts. Of course I didn't select all your posts later, because I never claimed you did not present your thoughts after halfway day 2. And I didn't find them particularly suspicious or anything so had no reason to quote them.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Okay, also running the numbers in my head now. Right now there are 8 players left. 5 Townies, 2 Mafia and 1 survivor.

Lets look at a scenario where we lynch a townie tonight. We'd be left with 4 townies, 2 mafia and 1 survivor. With the double night period coming it's possible that unless the asshole hides behind the Mafia or the survivor is killed, two more townies could be lynched leaving us with 2 townies, 2 mafia and a survivor which is (I may be wrong if I misunderstand the survivor role), but a win for the Mafia. This is another reason why I want to get Libks and Dekus opinions before the night ends, this could very well be the last day given what I explained happens and lying low might be the easiest way to achieve this.
I do agree with this. Great suggestion.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
@A Link In Time
Is a case with 2 townies, 1 survivor and 2 scum a win for scum or is it still a winnable game for town? I think we are all wondering this after Bok's post.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Prophecies About Bok Choy
Minish_Link
kokirion
Ver-go-a-go-go
Just copying this to see neighborhood 2. @Prophecies About Bok Choy , my apologies I didn't see you had asked about this one. For me it honestly comes down to Koki and Vergo. We have still heard nothing from @Ver-go-a-go-go and that's unsettling to me. It could be maf framing him with it but the fact it happened upon replacement isn't something that makes me comfortable. And koki is really because I don't have much of a read on minish link and you seem townish to me.

@Kaio-Kenshin , my only thing I can say is, I'm not the right lynch. You've given me nothing to defend myself either which would bother me if you weren't confirmed town at this point. If I die first, I'll tell @Pendio Hi for you.

I'm going to
Vote: Deku
As it's probably going to be one of us two

Jamie

I'm fine with a coin flip lynch if that's what it comes down to. Not sure of the current vote count. I'm pushing for Libk's lynch due to Deku's post about Pendio though.

Jamie

That's scummy as ****.
Lmao then vote for me then. Actions speak louder than words.

I don't think it's scummy at all though. I'd prefer a lynch of you but Deku isn't exactly squeaky clean. I've never been opposed to coin flips before if I'm unsure.

D

Deleted member 14134

Dont have a lot of time (class starts in 5) but just wanted to reply to Bok's concerns: I asked said questions to get more info about peoples views so I could tell them my thoughts. Im still null on Ver, obviously, but Ill be looking into you, Koki, and Minish later tonight. I have about an hour and a half worth of class left today. As of now Im leaning with Minish, but thats not the most educated opinion of all time. This will come after my Jamie/Libk decision.
Anyways, more later. Deku out.

Alright, I'm looking forward to what you have to say, I should be on for the rest of the night and will take a look at what you have to say before the day ends given you respond.

Look Bok. First of all, thanks for replying! I love the input. Second, I'm not framing you here. If I were scum trying to frame you because you are less "experienced" I would stockpile all my current evidence against you, keep my mouth shut about you now, try to kill everyone but me till we are alone in our neighbourhood, and then release it all at a moment during the day when we won't have lengthy discussions. I could easily get away with that. No, I'm doing it now because I want your response as well as that of currently still living members.

You have a point here but I still have to consider that my suggestion may possibly be true just like you have to keep in mind your suspicions about me. As to what your plan is or could be, I don't think I know enough about the game to see if your strategy is more viable than mine. Either way, your welcome for replying and thanks for going back and forth with me here, it's serving as good experience for me.

You did explain yourself, yes. But my point was that you pointed out about cslaught that he didn't give his thoughts, while neither having given your own. I found this "scummy" because saying that to someone else is a psychological trick that automatically makes other people assume you do contribute a lot, because they (and everyone else) feel as if they have to proof their level of contribution to you. I didn't say you did that on purpose, but I did find it a scummy question due to your own amount of thoughts given.

I still disagree with you here, I feel like I did give my thoughts on the matter as much as some other people did but didn't elaborate on it in the way you, Jamie storm or libk did primarily because I didn't get engaged in a debate about it at the time.

true, fair point. But it is not my responsibility to keep pushing on every doubt I have at that exact moment in the game. If someone questions you and you answer that, it is your own responsibility to try to disprove them. I didn't find it necessary to make a whole argument back then about such a small matter, instead I stored the event in my mind for if you would make more such scummy posts in the future. Not such a single post makes me decide whether you are scum or not, but an accumulation of such posts might. Now is the time to discuss our neighbourhood so logically this will be brought up again.

Fair enough, though my response the first time was rather brief I gave my reasons and thought it was enough. In hindsight I suppose I should of beefed up my arguments to make them stronger (which I did the second time around) and not be so direct without providing additional support.

Well, as you can see scrolling back to my post about you, your first accusation basically started with "as others pointed out already". Mido was already under fire from multiple sides. Later you added more thoughts. But the target Mido was not original and when you originally voted it was based primarily (though not solely) on these present arguments.

The reason I voted for Mido was because I brought up fresh evidence against him that I felt was noteworthy. If my reasons were primarily the same as others when he already had enough votes against him I wouldn't of cast a vote for him that was probably not going to change anything. This is the reason I voted for mido and not storm since he had votes against him and I didn't see anything I could add that hadn't already been covered.

Convinced scum is figuratively, like saying 9 out of 10, though saying 9 out of 10 rarely means exactly 90%. All the time you said you are getting the feeling that he is scum, you voted for him (which is not a light move) etc. and keep posting more and more evidence against him (with your new evidence as well). So you were clearly from your head to your toes in the Mido-wagon, what does not sound to me that you were not convinced he is scum. Maybe you weren't, but your actions do not give off that feeling. Posting so much about him, voting against him, saying you feel he might be scum (even before all the other posts in which you tried to convince others of your case), I don't believe you only had a mild suspicion against him.

And your points about Deku make sense. Yes, I agree that that is a possibility. I said it was also possible that the mafia already knew Deku was gonna be the next target and so being part of the mafia you moved to the next (which I thought was not impossible because if you were really so focussed on Mido I'd think you would be so sure you are hitting scum you're not gonna question Deku last-minute, you would at that moment at the end of the day decide to wait till next day if Mido was not actually scum. Unless, of course, you already knew Mido was scum and your accusations against him were ingenuine). But yeah, I don't perse believe that is the most likely theory, but I cannot rule it out either.

When I voted for Mido yes, my suspicion was stronger but as the night starting creeping to a close and deku didn't answer his questions I did start to become more suspicious of Deku and in turn less of Mido since only one could be scum. Since my feeling towards Deku was growing I decided to point out that I thought his inactivity seemed suspicious and even more so if Mido flipped town (which he did).

I feel like I explained this in the paragraph above (in this current post) so I don't really have more to add to this.

I was writing for like 2 hours. I looked through her posts but didn't find much suspicious. Instead it felt quite town-like to me. I summarised why and decided to not spend another hour on that. If anyone disagreed they could look through it as well and see the same. Besides, we have some time left before we are going to lynch someone in our neighbourhood, that is plenty of time to write a lengthy post about that as well. In fact, I'll promise you to do that next day (I'm going to bed soon). But yeah, I found nothing there remarkable enough to mention. And I did find many such things in your posts, so I wanted to receive input from other about that, especially before they die, because especially your posts make me wonder. The posts about our neighbourhood were not a real attack, rather a decision of me to open up about my thoughts to other people to receive feedback and help me reflect on my own thoughts. I found your case more interesting so primarily wanted feedback on that. I don't know your playstyle well.

Fair enough I suppose, but I still have to keep in mind the possibility of you specifically targeting me. I'll hold you to it to take a look at Minish and do the same over the night periods and see if I can find anything note worthy. I'll also be taking a closer look at your posts and hopefully ver if he posts anything today.

No. Those meme posts were relevant to my point that you didn't give your thoughts till halfway day 2. It would be inaccurate of me if I would leave out certain posts. Of course I didn't select all your posts later, because I never claimed you did not present your thoughts after halfway day 2. And I didn't find them particularly suspicious or anything so had no reason to quote them.

Alright, I believe this. I guess there's a very small possibility that you didn't want to bring up non-suspicious posts that wern't fluff to make me look worse but I doubt it since the focus of the game seems to be focusing on the suspicious points.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Yeah but this is a situation where a coin flip is definitely not ideal. And I'm not voting you bevause I doubt anyone else will join and I want my vote to mean something this time. Unlike my past 2 days

Jamie

Yeah but this is a situation where a coin flip is definitely not ideal. And I'm not voting you bevause I doubt anyone else will join and I want my vote to mean something this time. Unlike my past 2 days
I never said it's ideal, I said I'm okay with it. It's not Lylo. I'm leaning towards you but I'm relatively unsure. I can't convincingly make a 100% argument for either person. Therefore, coin flip is okay for me. And ALIT confirmed just now what I thought was the case, even if we lose 3 town in the day and 2 night periods we can still win. A coin flip seems like a fair result, again I agree it's not ideal but I would be okay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom