• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
To be honest I find it weird that they want a double night now given that if Libk isn't scum and then there's 2 consecutive nights the deaths would lead to a DekuNut lynch almost certainly. But I guess at the end of the day, 2 mafia kills is 2 mafia kills, but it does make me feel like they think Libk (scum) is maybe gonna die. Perhaps it was even Libk himself who did it so that he would save his role.

@kokirion Bok being new I can't see him suggesting the neighbourhood reveal right out of the gate as scum. That's a risky thing for scum to do because 1. Being new he might not know if he'd look scummy as a result, and obviously one death to scum is bigger than 1 death to town, and 2. I just can't see him making a big play like that without team approval. Given that storm was against it as well I have a hard time believing Bok is scum, he is much too new to make such a risky play. Only other option is someone who isn't Storm convinced him to do it in their scum chat, and I see that as unlikely. Your points are good but I think it all reflects back to him being new.
that is a very clever point you make, actually. When I calculate it in my mind.. such a move would really only be useful if you are about to lose a mafia member. But not just useful, if a mafia member dies now it HAS to be used, or the mafia is done for. Clever pointing that out, I didn't notice it..

And maybe you are right about Bok. I believe this is the first game I play with him. I'm not trusting him now but I will keep that in mind.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
This complicates things a bit, and means we really have to make this day count.

To be honest I find it weird that they want a double night now given that if Libk isn't scum and then there's 2 consecutive nights the deaths would lead to a DekuNut lynch almost certainly. But I guess at the end of the day, 2 mafia kills is 2 mafia kills, but it does make me feel like they think Libk (scum) is maybe gonna die. Perhaps it was even Libk himself who did it so that he would save his role.

I debated pointing something out with this, since it could possibly give mafia ideas, but it is relevant now with the solar eclipse so I'll go ahead.
With the Town Asshole role, there could possibly be 3 mafia kills by the time the next day happens if they happen to hide behind someone that the mafia targets. I'm not sure if that changes the current situation any, but I did find it important, so I thought I would mention it.

kokirion

Where did I say that? can you quote me on that?

I think he's mixing you up with dekunut
no

you say it clearly. Let me copy paste my post and highlight your remark:

He said he never agreed with Storm's opinion to hide the neighbourhoods. But look at these quotes:
****. Guys I was actually on Storm's side with this one and I'm actually really disappointed in how this has gone thus far. Now I don't think we should have kept neighborhoods hidden forever, but I don't think there was need to put the info out quite yet. This game is supposed to be about internal investigation into our huts, and the way I saw it revealing our hut mates makes the internal investigation more difficult. I would have liked to keep that information secret until we hit scum, then the hut mates in that scum's group come forward. But I guess that doesn't matter too much now. Idk. It just seems that we could have used our chats with neighborhood more effectively but now it just seems they are ways to confirm players and now ultimately don't matter as much. It just seems against the flavor of the game and honestly I don't like how quick Jamie was to propose the idea nor that he then did so within an hour into the game and also did so without clearing it with his own hut.

I actually really think this raises a flag. I never said I don't want an easy way to clear players. I even said I thought hut mates should come forward once their scum mate was killed, thus clearing them. By revealing ourselves we've eliminated the need to talk to each other outside of the game thread because now there's really no incentive to.

You were clearly in favour of keeping the neighbourhood info hidden. Of course you are not so stupid to say you want to keep that info hidden forever, but you did want it to be hidden in the beginning.
You even litterally say "I was actually on Storm's side with this one". So you definitely agreed.

When I litterally quote you saying this, asking me "where you said that" is a big lie. This is a topic you've been lying about throughout the game

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Yeah but when did he ever say that he wasn't in favour? He's always wanted it hidden he never wavered on that.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I also said in those same posts that I was only in favor of keeping hidden until scum was found, then hut mates come forward lol. Wtf are you doing koki?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Like, I don't see how that's me saying that I was and then wasn't in favor of keeping huts hidden. You seem to grasping at straws for something against me, man.

D

Deleted member 14134

You're right. But what about your own posts? You spent 2 posts talking about the neighbourhoods, but that's not really actively contributing with your "thoughts". The others are all fluff:

I already explained myself to you. Most of day one discussion was back and forths between Jamie and storm, and you and Libk about whether or not it was a good idea to reveal the hoods. As for not giving my "thoughts" I gave them. I stated from the beginning that I was for revealing them early on so I don't know how I didn't contribute my thoughts on the matter. Re-reading up until my post saying I wanted to hear more from Cslaught, while some people threw in a few posts here or there no one else besides the four I named above really posted much on the matter either or any different opinions. Minish joined in abit, but once again it was mostly her saying why she thought it was a good idea to reveal the hoods. I feel like you could be saying the same about other people but you're specifically targeting me, and twice now at that.

this quote was a response to me confronting him with his own contribution. Quite evasive and just an explanation of why he had no time to or did not join the discussion.

Quite evasive huh? I gave you the opportunity to further purse the issue and ask more questions but instead you've waited until day 3 only point out the same thing. I don't see what's evasive about this. I said I gave my opinion on the matter already. Also, Storm ignored me when I agreed with jamie. If he hadn't what would of happened? I would of had the same argument with him that he was already having with Jamie which would of been quite redundant as Jamie and I obviously felt the same about sharing our hoods. As for what I said about being busy, for all three days now I've been active in the first hour or so of the day and around the last 6 as that is what my schedule allows. I've been consistent in my posting times for all three days.

Finally! This was the very first post where you gave your opinion on a relevant matter.
But this was already halfway day 2. Until then you didn't contribute much.
Your vote for (and the arguments) do also seem like a repitition of what others have said before you, but alright, you gave your opinion.

Really, I thought my arguments were original and that I brought new evidence to the table that no one else had yet. Mido even admitted that my arguments were original.

None aside from the next elephant in the room after myself in the form of DekuNut. I know others have made comments regarding his disappearance this game day. After a decent Day 1 from him, he vanished on this day. Leads me to consider that he may not be town, but not necessarily scum given his early support of a Tristan lynch Day 1, not that he hasn't been known to bus his teammates though. Minish_Link appears town, as does Libk at this point. This one just came to mind as I'm typing this, but I've noticed that Bok has largely rolled with the consensus with his moves this game. Minish's read noted he followed your protocol rather closely while also supporting numerous observations of other players. Then again, his vote towards me did carry more weight, providing additional evidence against me. Take this last tidbit as however, since my look here is largely impromptu since time is short. I honesty don't have a final verdict on Bok in this regard, just found the trend in his posts interesting.

What about my reasons did you thing were unoriginal?

But then this post:

The day did not yet end (right before the end) and he points at Deku.
At first sight, and that was also the original way I was gonna write about this post, this looks like a town tell, he gives his opinion and contributes in a clever way.
But when I thought about it, Deku has been under heavy attacks this day. If Libk is mafia, it was already clear that Jamie would probably not get lynched. That means that either he o Deku would die. So probably the mafia already discussed that Deku would be the next target. The fact that Bok puts his vote on Mido, by his own words on his own will. He says he was genuinely convinced Mido was scum. But just BEFORE Mido died he attacks Deku. But I thought you were convinced Mido was scum, why do you feel the need to suddenly attack Deku right before Mido is dead, unless you already knew Mido's alignment of course.
But perhaps this is just my paranoia and you just genuinely wanted to point this out, I can't tell.

Nope, never once said I was convinced that Mido was scum, I said I had a feeling he was, and I obviously wan't the only one as he had three other votes against him. The only way I could be convinced about someones alignment is when their role is revealed via lynch or post game reveals.

As to my "last minute attack on Deku" in the post where I voted for mido on the last line I said that I'd like to hear more from Deku since he was the only one from his hood who hadn't posted and also since it was his hood under investigation. I was the first one to say I wanted to hear something from Deku. After that both Pendio and Minish both asked him what his thoughts were and he still didn't respond. Since it didn't look like he was going to respond I wanted to point out that I found it suspicious that he appeared to be keeping his head down when questions were being directed at him. I also mentioned the possibility of Mido being town in that post which further supports that I wasn't convinced of his alignment.

After this you moved on to minish and gave a rather brief analysis compared to me after breaking down most of my posts on the first two days. Perhaps it's because you have a stronger read on her but I can't help but get a creeping feeling that if you're mafia, you're trying to set up a profile specifically against me.

Also in your analysis you included a meme I posted and an answer to Jamies completely unrelated question about Zelda but you left out other posts that have actual substance to them. Why leave out those but include the posts that don't have any relevance what so ever?

Back to the idea of you building a case against me I can see why you'd pick me, namely because of inexperience and I might be an easier target to frame and turn fellow towns against me. While this is only a working hypothesis I'm going to be taking a better look at you and see what the upcoming lynches bring.

kokirion

Yeah but when did he ever say that he wasn't in favour? He's always wanted it hidden he never wavered on that.

:shrug: holy cow. It seems that night when I was drunk and tried to reread the game my thoughts were not as clear as I thought they were at that moment :rolleyes::pikalove::senpaipls: No matter, at least I'm not posting drunk like Viral Maze :suspicious:

Yeah I think that's a possibility. And if so, well a good portion of argument against me was on that.

Ah don't exaggerate things, that is just as much a wrong statement as my mistaken mess up of you and Deku.
No it doesn't change a thing, just a nice detail and a lesson for me not to blindly believe my drunk memories are soundproof.

My main reasons for voting for you are:
1) if Deku is scum I cannot imagine him to have lead Storm die on day 1
2) Deku mistakenly thought Pendio was alive
3) you were very eager to vote for Jamie
4) you were of the opinion that we shouldn't reveal the neighbourhoods

Whether or not you tried to say point 4 was not true later is not important. The point is that you had this opinion and that was scummy because there is no way town could benefit from keeping it hidden. The scum already knows, by "revealing" it, we never reaveled the info the everyone, we only revealed it to the townies. The mafia already knew. And obviously for mafia it did was a good thing to keep it hidden, so I don't think it is strange that mafia made the mistake of trying to defend to keep it hidden during day 1.
No and I remember it clearly again. You didn't say outright it wasn't your opinion, but you did argue for a long time about why you thought this was a good strategy, attempting to make it sounds like a viable alternative. While this seemed to me like you crawling back from your statement. You couldn't anymore, obviously, so you tried to keep arguing that it was a strategy that made some sense, which I found practically similar to later denying you have said that. Afterall, you tried to avoid being seen as suspicious by havind had this opinion, which is a different action to serve the same goal. Instead, you're right, Deku said it, but he mentioned Libk a lot in his post, so drunk me made that bridge between you trying to avoid the suspicion on that matter by downplaying your statements and Deku saying never said he agreed with you.
But, again, that changes nothing about the points made agains you

D

Deleted member 14134

Also as of right now neither @Libk nor @Deku have responded or even acknowledged to my question about my neighborhood. While it bothers me about both, Deku said

Hey gents and ladies
While reading Ill try to get reads on Libk and Jamie, and any questions people have can be directed at me right now. Im also reading the current day as I go, so I should answer in a reasonable amount of time.

He then responded to other questions but still chose to ignore my most recent one. It makes his absence yesterday seem less like an accident and more like he was laying low to let Mido get lynched. With that,

Vote Dekunut

My vote isn't final but I find him evading my question more troubling than Libk. With the double night coming and my neighbourhood getting closer and closer to being under investigation I want as many opinions and as much evidence as we can get before it's too late for some people. While my votes on Deku I still want to hear Libks opinion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom