• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Not a lot of detail in this vote. lots of agreeing with others - Pen, Jamie, etc. Why is it that you find his vote on Tristan interesting, Minish? I would like to hear from both of you on this matter. And also, he may be worth looking into once we've found the scum that's in Hut 3.

I found Mido's vote weird for the reason others had pointed out- he did it right before the end of day, when Tristan was going to be lynched anyways. It seemed a little rushed, like he wanted to hurry up and get the vote in before day ended. But, I will point out, that wasn't my main reason for voting for Mido. I was mostly suspicious of what happened during day 1 and Storm not mentioning Mido when asking others in that hut who they thought were scum, and then saying he didn't want to ask about Mido when that was pointed out. Also, Mido seemed to keep saying he was suspicious of Jamie, and it also sounded like he was going to post reasons why, but never did.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
@DekuNut I already said my opinions on our neighbourhood. Also Pen is dead he can't elaborate on anything.

I can't tell if you're trying to pretend you didn't know Pen is dead to gain town credibility or if you are genuinely town and didn't read it. I'm going to go with my gut for the former but let it be known that if that if you're scum and that was your tactic then any time you make a slip up in the future honest or not I'm going to push for your lynch.

Vote: Libk
Unless others think Deku made that mistake on purpose, I'm willing to lynch either.

Jamie

My gut for the latter*

Jamie

This is straight up a lie. You've barely talked in our neighborhood. The only thing you've said in there that was "serious" was that storm is annoying.

Vote: Jamie
I said on, not in. I provided my opinions on our neighbourhood earlier in this thread after the day began. Feeling the pressure, Libk?

Jamie

@Libk if we assume you are town, then do you believe that Deku intentionally screwed up thinking Pen was alive to gain town credit? Or do you think I'm scum instead?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Well that escalated quickly. Haha.

@DekuNut I already said my opinions on our neighbourhood. Also Pen is dead he can't elaborate on anything.

I can't tell if you're trying to pretend you didn't know Pen is dead to gain town credibility or if you are genuinely town and didn't read it. I'm going to go with my gut for the former but let it be known that if that if you're scum and that was your tactic then any time you make a slip up in the future honest or not I'm going to push for your lynch.

Vote: Libk
Unless others think Deku made that mistake on purpose, I'm willing to lynch either.

Good catch. It does seem like it might have been a mistake, but I'm not sure yet. I haven't had a chance to thoroughly go back through everything yet, so I still haven't looked at things with the information of Mido being town in mind. This is definitely something else I'll consider while looking for other things though.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
What're your thoughts on this? Does this reduce your suspicion of him? Or is he continuing to misunderstand you?
Still a bit suspicious, but there was no reason to respond at that point. Everything was cleared up.
@Libk if we assume you are town, then do you believe that Deku intentionally screwed up thinking Pen was alive to gain town credit? Or do you think I'm scum instead?

I don't believe it was intentional to gain town cred, but I'd rather vote Deku than you atm. And if Deku isn't scum then I think naturally you should be next to go

Jamie

Still a bit suspicious, but there was no reason to respond at that point. Everything was cleared up.

I don't believe it was intentional to gain town cred, but I'd rather vote Deku than you atm. And if Deku isn't scum then I think naturally you should be next to go
It's always possible it was just a scum slip-up, something that must be considered. And yeah, well, I think it's a given if Deku is lynched and flips town we will be going after each other tomorrow.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Man, all three of you are hard to read, and me being the only one not from your neighborhood posting right now isn't making this any easier.

that is true, but usually in these faction situations you get a feel from their disposition in the QT. I do not know how useful yours may be at this time, but based on the words in this game you have read, who do you feel?

The bolded part was said in relation to Jamie asking why Storm felt Libk was scum. The only way Storm could get anything from Libk's disposition in the QT would be if they were scum buddies. I'm not sure I put much weight on this though, because Storm didn't make a lot of sense and could have meant Jamie's feel of Libk from their QT (even though that's not what he was responding to).

There was nothing of substance in that post, so it's not exactly a misstatement for his point, Storm. And why name just Jamie and Libk? Why not ask about Mido as well?
I don't feel confident about any of them yet. Hell only one of them has posted. I have no opinions on them as of yet.

Back to this again. With Mido flipping town, this looks a bit different. If DekuNut is scum, he could have possibly been trying to help Storm out here, by pointing out that he should also ask about Mido. Though yet again, it was Storm, so not sure how much we can gain from this. Just still think it could be interesting.

****. Guys I was actually on Storm's side with this one and I'm actually really disappointed in how this has gone thus far. Now I don't think we should have kept neighborhoods hidden forever, but I don't think there was need to put the info out quite yet. This game is supposed to be about internal investigation into our huts, and the way I saw it revealing our hut mates makes the internal investigation more difficult. I would have liked to keep that information secret until we hit scum, then the hut mates in that scum's group come forward. But I guess that doesn't matter too much now. Idk. It just seems that we could have used our chats with neighborhood more effectively but now it just seems they are ways to confirm players and now ultimately don't matter as much. It just seems against the flavor of the game and honestly I don't like how quick Jamie was to propose the idea nor that he then did so within an hour into the game and also did so without clearing it with his own hut.

In this post, and a couple others from day 1, Libk kept proposing that we should use our huts for internal investigation. With mafia still alive in all the huts, this wasn't really a good idea, since it would just be keeping info from other townies, while scum would have all that info. This is also one of the reasons Tristan got lynched. He was encouraging discussion within the huts, which is really beneficial to mafia.

Dont say you agree with me. They'll lynch you next. Its something i call the Sloth Theory

Again, not sure if this is anything, but Storm was saying this to Libk, and if Storm knew Libk was town, why would he care if he was lynched next?

Jamie has been acting rather goal-oriented. But i have no doubt in saying he is town or 3rd. He wants to win. At any cost. If he is town he has a 55% chance of being Vanilla, and 11% the other 4 roles. I see no reason to trust him for now. If he assholes or potatoes we know who to blame.

Storm said before this he had a "strong" town read for Jamie, and then he says he has no doubt in saying that Jamie is town or 3rd party. This could be true since Storm was mafia and would know this for sure. But it could also be him trying to really keep suspicion away from Jamie.

I actually agree with Libk in this case. We dont know what the scum will be doing - we should be wary and not play into their hands. This game should be an easy win, but that means scum have to be crafty
So lets be careful and keep watch of the nightkill and try to judge their strategy before forming our own.

After DekuNut's last post, this part could be really interesting. He was the one that said we needed to be careful and keep watch of the nightkill, and then asks someone who was just nightkilled what their opinion was. Not so sure if that was just a mistake now. It could have been a strategy he came up with early on to try and gain town cred.

Because why not? We need to start somewhere, I'll provide more info than a Storm/Tristan lynch, and I'm not one to lynch a replacement anyway

I'm just confused about this. Why would Libk provide more info than a Storm/Tristan lynch? Especially now knowing that they flipped scum and that was really helpful.

That being said, however, I can kind of see where he's coming from. And while I don't agree with it, and he is playing suspiciously, I can still see that play coming from a townie. If anything, Jamie, I find it noteworthy that you are the only person in your neighbourhood that 100% disagrees with the idea, and insistent that revealing the neighbours was beneficial. That can be taken as a good thing or a bad thing, but really, I find the fact that you immediately said what you said at the beginning of the game to be more indicative of town. Scum might agree with you, but scum wouldn't lead that idea, unless they had a really good plan for winning. I know you don't think Libk is scum, and I don't think you're scum, so between Mido and Deku, do you have an idea of who would more likely be scum?

Mostly just think there is an odd choice of wording here. Tristan is asking Jamie who he thinks is scum, but for some reason in there he points out that he doesn't think Jamie is scum. I don't feel like that was necessary at all, since Jamie was the person he was asking, so there was no reason to bring him up at all in that sentence. Could be trying to distance themselves a little?

Nuts to me that y'all think Libk is scum. I don't see it at all. Keeping my vote on Storm (now T-dot).

At this point, things were between Tristan and Libk, looking like it could go either way. If Jamie is scum, this could be a really calculated move to keep suspicion off of him for a while. He would know that Tristan was also scum, and with Storm's early postings that were extremely scummy, it would be easy to just go with him and gain town cred. If Libk were lynched instead and flipped town, that would put Jamie (assuming in this scenario that he is scum) in a worse situation than if he just went with a Storm/Tristan lynch.

After all of this, I'm still not sure. I mainly wanted to try and compile evidence for each member of that neighborhood and see what came about. Jamie has been playing very aggressively in a way that helps town, so I do want to lean town for him. Libk has been saying a lot of things that would be more beneficial for mafia, but I dunno if mafia would be so adamant in public about all of those things. He and kokirion have also had a bit of back and forth, and at the end of days 1 & 2, Libk's vote has been for kokirion. I feel like this could mean that a Libk lynch might give us some good info either way, but I'm not sure. Jamie's catch of Deku's mistake/slip-up, along with what I pointed out, is really suspicious. So right now, I'm leaning towards lynching either Libk or DekuNut, but I want to see what others think of the things I've discussed here.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Trying to get a educated read is pretty hard, I'll continue to gather info and post my thoughys later today before I'm killed off.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
A potential solar eclipse approaches! A prediction about its occurrence will be made!

total-solar-eclipse-2016-nasa-totality.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom