• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'd definitely like to see something from Cslaught since he hasn't posted yet and is the only member of my hut that hasn't said anything so far. Besides him, it would be nice to hear more from all of Neighborhood 1 (though Tristan has just joined, so I can't fault him too much), and Mido and DekuNut from Neighborhood 3.

Well we got me and Pendio in here now. Karu hasn't posted much and I'd like to see some more from her. Also, I do agree Cslaught needs to come and post for sure.

Actually, I am starting to suspect Tristan more now, after just having read a message by him in out hood. He encourages discussion within the hood chat, but I do not agree with that. As long as the Mafia member of your hood is still alive, it is much better to share our thoughts with everyone in the game thread. It is not until the Mafia member of your hood dies that the hood chat becomes really useful because then the members in there can discuss safely and make plans without any Mafia member stalking them.

I think this is a good point. One of the reasons I've been hesitant to post in my neighborhood is because the scum is obviously in there currently. Anything shared in confidence there will be relayed back to the mafia.

I'm gonna go ahead and put my vote on Tristan. Libk was entirely too adamant in his opinion of sharing neighborhood info to be scum. Generally scum don't stick to their guns when faced with adversity the way he was. Tristan has the unfortunate position of filling in for Storm, but I have to base my vote off of the both of them and their actions.

Vote: Tristan

If he can come back before the end of the day and sway me away from him, I'll change to someone else.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
There's not much more I can say at this point. With two hours left in the day, I don't foresee many people coming in to remove their votes.

All I'll say is that, with me dead, there will be much higher odds for you guys to pinpoint the scum in my own Hut, since one of the three remaining will be scum. I have stuff I have to do tonight so I don't have time to say anything more fleshed out at this point, and I won't be able to make another post today. It's not like my lynch will be a devastating blow to the town, because like I said, the odds of finding scum in my hut will be increased with one townie gone.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Regarding the speaking in the QT, I do genuinely believe it would be beneficial to still talk in private. We can talk in the thread about what we say in the QTs anyway, so it's not like it's entirely confidential. I just think it would make it easier to find reads on people when we use the QTs for their intended purpose. There are things people may say confidentially that they wouldn't say in public, and sometimes that could make for decent evidence.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
These 24 hour days are disappearing fast. Sorry I've been gone most of the day.
Let's see, who do I want to hear more from... most of my hut's been pretty active. I mean, Jamie and Libk are the two highest posting players in the game (Actually, Storm posted more than Libk, but he's not playing any more, so doesn't really count)). I'd also like more from Mido. I know he has more posts than me, but most of those are just fluff. Funny fluff I admit, but still fluff.
Obviously I want more from people like @Cslaught02 and @karu . I know Soosh only has one more post than Kar, but he's starting to get into it a little bit.

As for the Sloth v Spaceballs argument going on, I'm sticking to my guns on Tristan. While Tristan has a different thought process from Storm apparently, and he's been playing a better game, Storm was very scummy, both in terms of his beliefs and reasons. As for Libk, while I have to look at him for opposing the huts thing, I wouldn't see a reason for scum to bring that up after it's already happened. I also find his self-vote to be very counterproductive, and just kinda weird. To add, I feel like Libk's argument that we should wait a night or so before deciding on a process is a good plan. We don't know what the mafia's doing yet. I need to reread Koki's posts on that topic as well. As a whole, I feel like he's town, but he's somewhat polarizing my opinions on him, and he could very well be scum.
Over the night period, I'll see if I can narrow down a few people to stare awkwardly at tomorrow.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
and he's been playing a better game
56846073.jpg

Mido

Version 1
I'm going to commit to a Tristan vote myself mainly because of Storm's earlier actions. I have seen some views in the thread about Tristan encouraging neighborhood discussion being scummy, but I can't say I'm quite sure about that being scummy in that of itself. I doubt scum would be so blatant about retrieving information in that manner. I think Tristan has made some interesting points, but early red flags lead me to this point, even if he himself did not raise them through his actions.

As I attempt to beat the clock, there's a few notes I want to address, although they are relatively minor at this time.

Not sure why Storm went specifically for me and kept mentioning me in the thread before Viva La Ban, so I'm still hesitant to change my tune for Tristan.

Mido brings a good point up, and Jamie is the first to mention his Hut, so I'm still a little wary of him.

Haha I get it. As for Jamie, I'm not so worried about the fact that he revealed our hut, but just mildly wary of his motives, which at this point I'm willing to accept as well-intentioned.

I understand what you're saying Mido, but my vote stays. Scum no doubt would have shared their neighborhoods even if we hadn't, and that would just be more information that they would have that we would not. For me it's less the disagreement and more what not sharing would lead us to.

Fair enough, but here's what I find interesting:

I actually agree with Libk in this case. We dont know what the scum will be doing - we should be wary and not play into their hands. This game should be an easy win, but that means scum have to be crafty
So lets be careful and keep watch of the nightkill and try to judge their strategy before forming our own.

You stated that your are worried about the negative effects of not going with Jamie's plan, but then seem to have a mild change of heart with this post. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding here, but are you just advocating for an exercise of caution or simply revoking your old support of the plan? Now for the last thing:

I'd definitely like to see something from Cslaught since he hasn't posted yet and is the only member of my hut that hasn't said anything so far. Besides him, it would be nice to hear more from all of Neighborhood 1 (though Tristan has just joined, so I can't fault him too much), and Mido and DekuNut from Neighborhood 3.

Having said that, I have a read of town for half of Neighborhood 3, as well as my own. I don't have a good read on Neighborhood 1 at all, besides the early read of Storm, but I'd still like to give Tristan a chance. Therefore, I'm more inclined to try and find the scum in either my hut or 3's, since I feel like I've got it narrowed down a little bit more there. @Jamie and @Libk, because I lean more town for the two of you, do either of you have any opinions on Mido and DekuNut? Besides myself, Bok is the other person in my hut that I'm leaning town for, but it'd be nice to hear others thoughts.

Sorry if this post sounds a bit ramble-y. I've been up for a while, but I'm trying to get some thoughts in before I go to bed. I'll wait a bit and see if anyone else has anything to say, and then make a final post before I go to sleep incase I'm not up before end of day.

I kind of like Minish_Link's apporach this game day, but I find it interesting that she has been throwing out a ton of town reads without ,from what I can gather, much foundation or reasoning. Specifically, I am curious about the Bok town read. I'll look back at this all for reflection during the night in case I missed your reasons.

I'd also like more from Mido. I know he has more posts than me, but most of those are just fluff. Funny fluff I admit, but still fluff.

Sorry, friend. :( I'll get my rear in gear next time!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I tried. Twas fun while it lasted. Thanks for letting me play Alit, even if I was only here for like 9 hours lol.

>tfw you replace someone who is suspicious af
I didn't actually see Storm's posts until after I had already agreed to replace him so while I knew everybody was suspicious of him, I didn't know quite the scope of what he'd been doing. I knew there was little chance of recovery, but I had to try :P

Mido

Version 1
I'm going to commit to a Tristan vote myself mainly because of Storm's earlier actions. I have seen some views in the thread about Tristan encouraging neighborhood discussion being scummy, but I can't say I'm quite sure about that being scummy in that of itself. I doubt scum would be so blatant about retrieving information in that manner. I think Tristan has made some interesting points, but early red flags lead me to this point, even if he himself did not raise them through his actions.

Highlighting this again really quickly, since this point came about primarily from this post:

Precisely. I see no reason for any Townie to engage in actual discussion in their hood chats during the daytime (as long as their Mafia member is still alive, that is). I think it is quite obvious that, in those situations, it is better to keep the discussion in the game thread. Seeing as I know how experienced Tristan is, I find it increasingly suspicious that he asks for our opinions within the hood chat.

Unvote

Perhaps a simple disagreement in philosophy is motivating me here, but I find Pendio's mode of operation interesting since he previously voted Libk. Not quite sure what that quite means exactly, just throwing stuff at the wall. Of course, these specific wall-throwings hinge on Tristan's alignment.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I tried. Twas fun while it lasted. Thanks for letting me play Alit, even if I was only here for like 9 hours lol.
I wanted to use a meme against you but you are being too cool-headed.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
You stated that your are worried about the negative effects of not going with Jamie's plan, but then seem to have a mild change of heart with this post. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding here, but are you just advocating for an exercise of caution or simply revoking your old support of the plan?
By Jamie's plan, are you referring to the sharing neighbors stuff? I never disagreed with that plan, nor agreed with Libk's view on the other side of things. I agree with a separate point Libk made, about how we shouldn't necessarily decide how we're going to choose lynchees right now. Two different topics. If there's something else that I'm missing though, feel free to remind me.

Mido

Version 1
By Jamie's plan, are you referring to the sharing neighbors stuff? I never disagreed with that plan, nor agreed with Libk's view on the other side of things. I agree with a separate point Libk made, about how we shouldn't necessarily decide how we're going to choose lynchees right now. Two different topics. If there's something else that I'm missing though, feel free to remind me.

Ah, I see. This clears things up then. Thanks!

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Day 1 Final Vote Tally:

Tristan - 6 (Jamie, DekuNut, Pendio, Minish_Link, Johnny Sooshi, Mido)

Libk - 1 (kokirion)
kokirion - 1 (Libk)

Not voting - Cslaught02, karu, Prophecies About Bok Choy, Tristan

The proceedings began with a storm of activity. A vigorous debate ensued about whether or not to reveal who was occupying the same hut before Tristan stepped forward to oppose the idea. Several of the gathered immediately jumped on him for this proposal. Despite his insistence that he meant no wrong, his cries fell on deaf ears. Everyone loved their resident sloth, so they could not bring themselves to kill him normally. Instead they decided to drive him to a remote and abandoned Pizza Hut. Tristan grew increasingly delirious as his hunger for pizza consumed him. He eventually met his end in this different type of hut by starvation.

Tristan was the Mafia Strongman (1-shot).

The Living (11):

Cslaught02
DekuNut
Jamie
Johnny Sooshi
karu
kokirion
Libk
Mido
Minish_Link
Pendio
Prophecies about Bok Choy

The Dead (1):

Tristan - Mafia Strongman (1-shot) (lynched Day 1)

Night 1 Begins!

Those of you with active night powers, please send me your actions by Saturday, January 28th at 12 AM EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom