• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nicknames

ya i do and i as well do not like that fact that you cannot change them... but i understand why you cannot change them though. It is hard picking a great nickname lol

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
I like nicknam'n them after legends, and mythological characters, Charizard is Fefnir.

have they not fixed the trading name changing thing yet? Wow, i havent played a pokemon game since Gold and figured they'd have sorted that one out.

I dont nor will i ever nickname a pokemon aside from one... if i ever play the game its in. I'd call Snivvy by its fan name; Smugleaf, because its just so awesome.

Dan

Yes that's really annoying, however you wouldn't want to trade with me, I nickname all my pokemon, in the old days I used to detest doing such.

I only ever nickname Pokémon if I am playing a Pokémon game earlier then Black and White. But then all I do is spell the Pokémon's name Properly instead of being in all capitals so that it looks right when I migrate them over to Black & White.

I generally do not nickname my pokemon, but since I've been constructing my team in Soul Silver, I've named my pokemon their Japanese names.

ex. Typhlosion-->Bakufun

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I never bother to nickname my Pokémon, this counts for all generations including spin-offs. I've always preferred their actual names, so nicknaming them always seemed worthless to me. If anything, I'll name my character and rival, otherwise I stick to the game names provided.

I like nicknaming my pokemon
but it can get annoying when you realize that you nicknamed it something stupid
like I nicknamed my Simipour : :)
I'd really like to change that one xD
but then there's the times when you do make a good nickname
like I named my Snivy : Kevin
It's probably the only nickname I like in my team

I pretty much always nickname my pokemon since it makes me feel closer to my adorable little pixel friends as I send them into battle with my special names for them. A lot of the time I'll just name them since I'm bored, though. My mood usually affects the naming process, which doesn't work out so well if, say, it takes me a really long time to catch a particularly stubborn pokemon and I've gotten angry at it, because then sometimes I end up naming it something kind of mean... but then I go back and get it changed later, of course (well... usually). I like the names of those in my main team the most, since I try to make those very fitting, and even if some are kind of silly, I get attached to them. :>
Also, I had no idea that you couldn't rename traded pokemon....

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I always nickname my pokemon, even if i dont use them. Sometimes they're well thought out to the point where I google the japanese word for something. Other times they remind me of characters from a video game, anime, cartoon, etc. I actually prefer getting a nicknamed pokemon in a trade instead of a all capital POKEMON NAME instead. Plus, I'm one of those people who hates it when something is named in all caps. So if I get a traded pokemon with all caps for a nickname, I think "Ugh no way am i gonna use it" & breed it with a Ditto to name its offspring myself.

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
I always nickname them with real life names that share the first two words of the pokemon

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I always nickname the Pokemon that I use. I can't stand using the species name as the Pokemon's name, whether it's in caps or not -- if you had a pet dog, would you call him "Dog?" Most people wouldn't. That's how I feel about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom