• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nicknames on PH and ST, What Were Yours?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
You know on PH and ST you name your character ?
I was wondering what you guys called yours?
On PH i called mine Eddie
(i dont know why, its not my name, im a girl so i found a random guys name!)
And on ST i called him Link coz it makes more sense!:)

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I always use either my real name, or Link.

It never occurred to me to call him anything else... except maybe Zelda as a joke in OoT (I'd play a game up to finding the princess, and she'd say "What is your name? ..... Zelda... Strange...it sounds somehow...familiar." So funny. :lol:

Sometimes I deliberately refer to Link as Zelda to annoy people, because the look on their face when you do so is rather funny. That is one thing about the series that doesn't make sense. In Super Mario Bros, you play as Mario. In Sonic the Hedgehog, you play as Sonic. In Star Fox, you play as Fox. In Legend of Zelda, you play as... Link? You have to admit, it's weird. At first, I actually did think that maybe Zelda was a boy's name in Japan (since I know that Kim is a male name in some Asian countries). I figured it out after reading the instruction manual, though.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I always used Link, though when I first started playing the games, I thought Zelda was actually Link. The title tricked me.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
In PH/ST specifically? I called him "Rae" on my first playthrough of both, a shortening of my actual name... then on second playthroughs I just called him Link... no wait, on ST I called him "Limp" in reference to my littlest bro's pronunciation... he's such a sweet kid... if you ask him about OoT he'll tell you "'Limp' save 'Dela' from that bad naughty man 'Dandor' and get him with the 'ma dord'". I wish you could rename other characters too, I'd have a whale of a time switching the names around!

But yeah, I basically did what I usually do and named Link "Rae" the first time around, then called him "Link" or some random variant of that afterwards...

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Well my cousin and I did something really funny. My cousin put Linebeck so it's like Ciela tells Link to do soemthing and it seems she wants Linebeck to do it.

In ST, the 3rd time I played it I put Malladus. I would put Ganondorf but it wouldn't fit.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
PH and ST? Every Zelda game you can name your character.

Not true. Every Zelda game BUT Four Swords Adventures. It automatically names you Link.

In every Zelda game, I used to name my character my real name, but now, I always name him Link.

Meego, mind if I mix it up a little? What do you also name your horse in TP? (Not a huge adjusment)

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Yeah, i know about the others games now, i onnly played St and Ph but now on TP, just named the horse Epona (if thats right!)

I always name it as Link, for each Zelda game I play. Usually when I start up a file that I'll delete anyway, I put in my real name, or I give him a stupid name like "Crap" or "Rump", just for teh lulz. Although, on Majora's Mask, I accidently named it as "Ljnk", and was too lazy to start over to fix it.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
For every Zelda game where you name your character, I call him Link. I think it suits him better than any other name I would give him, such as "Ark"
I try to keep in with what the character's original name was. (if they have already been given one, otherwise, I make one up on the spot).

NES

Awesome
I always pick Link. It would be really annoying to me if I picked a different name because people would address him as such in the game and I would be annoyed because they didn't call him Link. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom