• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Temple Themes

Linky

King of Twilight
I like the regular forest fire water etc temple themes but don't you think it would be cool to have these really exotic new themes that you normaly wouldn't think of. Do you think they should keep the same temples or have more exotic themes like city in the sky and are there any new themes that you can think of? :hmm:

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
I sure want them to add more dungeon-themes, even though they mustn't ruin the gameplay with it.

I can think of stuff like... i dont really know xP ... Maybe electrisity dungeon? metal dungeon? Maybe I am going a little bit too far here :D

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The sound of new temple themes sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure how they would do it without incorporating some of the old themes. MM had some interesting one, but you see some factors from OoT in it. I think they tried to do this in TP after you get the first mirror piece. All three temples after that had original themes, though still we saw some of the original designs.

The traditional temple themes are good, but it's nice to have some new crazy themes. I absolutely loved the Sky dungeon in MC, it was awesome! So, THUMBS UP for new exotic Temple Themes!

So, let's see...
I think it would be great a dungeon that mixed forest, water, fire and sand/earth elements! It would be like 4 Elements Dungeon!

Tom

Hm, I understand what you mean, and it does sound like a good idea, but I don't think it's the right way to add new looks to the game.
It's hard to apply changes to game series such as the Zelda one. After so many years, and so many games, the game's "main story" starts turning into something almost unchangeable.

You see, the City in the Sky dungeon (for example) to me was one of the most disappointing parts of TP. It just didn't work, in my opinion. It wasn't good enough to be there, you know? Anyway, let's say the Forest Temple was bad too, and I didn't like playing through it at all; I would still like it more than the City in the Sky, because it is a classic dungeon.

I think it's hard for the producers to come up with new ideas that fit the game's main concept and still please most of the fans. A nice way to introduce new dungeons is to do it like they did in Majora's Mask. They aren't 'new' at all, but they we're perfectly built to fit the game, in a different way.

I would love to see more organic dungeons that are built into the world around them, or dungeons that do not have the typical dungeon feel. So you could for instance go into a Dungeon and not even have realized that you just did so.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I would love for there to be more earthy temples. Love Farore, and earth. It's my passion. I would love to control earth like my RP character.

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
I would love to see more organic dungeons that are built into the world around them, or dungeons that do not have the typical dungeon feel. So you could for instance go into a Dungeon and not even have realized that you just did so.
Took the words right out of my mouth. I had that kind of instance when I first entered Jabu-Jabu. It didn't feel like a dungeon, and I think something like that could be really well implemented again.

Same goes for the Deku tree. But there were times where it didn't feel like that in those levels. I would like to see a Dungeon where you don't have to clearly enter it and it is interactive with its external environment also.

Starchain1

A star
true that the zelda games could use differnt themes for the temples but they like to base it on the main elements (fire,water,earth,air, light and darkness created to the typ of game) so its probaly hard to make differnt themes.

I got one the mini dugeon to find out how to go there check out my post on majora's mask called Whats Your Mask

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Honestly, I love the idea of having new Zelda Dungeon themes. In fact the biggest ones I can think of are: an Earth Temple with tons of rocks, soil, grass, plants, and other such stuff and the dungeon item being something like, oh I dunno---- bombs or maybe a strength upgrade for lifting obsenely obese rocks.

And maybe an electricity dungeon where there are a lot of electrical currents and stuff (I dunno how that'd work in Zelda but still...) and also magnetism and you get: the Magnetic Gloves! Or maybe an Elec Staff that can control the currents as well as magnetism.

Another cool theme would be a Light Dungeon. And there would be two dungeon items. These would be the Dark Shield to, instead of reflect it, absorb it and release and a Dark Rod to shoot blasts of darkness. That'd be a sweet theme right there. A Light Dungeon where instead of using it, you go against it and fight it. After all light isn't always good and darkness isn't always evil.

I liked the A Link to the Past model. In that game, some of the dungeons were themed, e.g. you had a desert dungeon, an ice dungeon, a water dungeon, and if I remember right a semi-lava-y dungeon (though I remember it as more of a fall-down-holes-a-lot dungeon, and the Link's Awakening version had most of the lava), but others weren't. They were basically just castles or temples or, you know, dungeons.

Also, in Link's Awakening, you had dungeons that may have been built around a theme, but it wasn't a standard elemental or climate theme. I'm thinking mainly of the Eagle's Tower: Now that was a creative dungeon. And, okay, "Tower" isn't much of a theme, per se, but it was something that could be made into something really cool. Then there was the Tail Cave, in which the theme was only visible in the map. (Unless I'm forgetting

I think the Zelda series needs to have a large stable of themes, rather than relying on the same few elemental themes over and over again. And the designers can't be afraid to come up with new themes. New variations on old themes are cool, too. (I wan't too fond of Twilight Princess's Goron Mines, but I applaud Nintendo for experimenting rather than rehashing OoT's Fire Temple or Dodongo's Cavern.)

Mixture of the old and the new is one of my favorite things about the Zelda series with regards to main gameplay gimmicks, so I don't see why it couldn't also apply to the dungeon designs.

I liked the A Link to the Past model. In that game, some of the dungeons were themed, e.g. you had a desert dungeon, an ice dungeon, a water dungeon, and if I remember right a semi-lava-y dungeon (though I remember it as more of a fall-down-holes-a-lot dungeon, and the Link's Awakening version had most of the lava), but others weren't. They were basically just castles or temples or, you know, dungeons.

I did enjoy the one where you had to go to different sections of the overworld and fall into the holes. It was slightly more interactive with the outside environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom