• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler New Spirit Discussion

First of all, I just want to say that I have trouble posting pics on my computer, so I'd appreciate if if others could post pics of Eldin, the mystery race statues, or anything else I reference in my post. Thanks!

So we've finally gotten a glimpse of Eldin, and there seem to be some things amiss. First of all, it's stone ball thing is also marked with Farore's symbol. This suggests that all three spirits are servants of Farore. Could this mean that Farore is the goddess of Skyloft? I know we've heard that her name is Hylia, and honestly that makes more sense to me, but the appearance of one golden goddess's mark and the absence of the other two is intriguing.

Another interesting thing is Eldin's form. It appears to be one of the creatures of the last race that we have yet to see. He has the cute face and headgear that the statues in that one area have. But we've been led to believe that this race is technological (Miyamoto or Aonuma even said recently that they got the idea for the race when they created the technologically advanced beetle). But how could Eldin be one of these creatures? Faron looks nothing like any race we would know about. And we've been assuming up until now that the final province was going to be the tech desert where these guys lived. Could the desert actually be the other area of the Eldin province?

Let the speculation begin.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Come to think of it, if all 5 races have been revealed to live in Faron/Eldin, then is the desert abandoned? Or do enemy forces live there, or the Gerudo? Or maybe the hidden Shiekah? Then again if the desert is that other area in Eldin, what's the third place?

The stone cases they're in might have a goddess pearl on each side, so like Din -> Farore -> Nayru from the left side to right.

Also, maybe the Parella evolve into something like Faron so as to connect their appearances to their tribes? That way, Eldin looking similar to his tribe isn't a problem.

If it is his tribe. Up until now, we thought that tribe would live in the Lanayru Province. But it would make more sense for a desert to be in the Eldin province. Din created the raw earth so a volcano and desert would fit nicely.

onilink17

onilink17
I see what your saying but we've also seen the triforce symbol on the hylian sheild. If what your saying is true then wouldn't the triforce have to been created after SS?

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Um, you know you can find the answers to most of your questions in our walkthrough, guides, and news updates right?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Really? Would you care to share it's name?
From what I can make out (only the kana which are used for loanwords), it's called "Sarubo" (サルボ) and is apparently further described as a "robot", whatever that means.
There's a WP article about a similar thing: >Sarubobo<. In short it's a red amulet, this and the location (mountain) makes me think that it's maybe linked to the Goron Ruby.
Oh and as the article says, "saru" is a word for a monkey, that spirit looks a bit like that too.
Interestingly, it was called "Oldin" (like the province) back in TP, so maybe this is a whole different spirit, or not even a spirit at all and we'll see the "real" Eldin/Oldin somewhere else.

Last edited:
I see what your saying but we've also seen the triforce symbol on the hylian sheild. If what your saying is true then wouldn't the triforce have to been created after SS?

Not necessarily. In the intro movie to SS it talks about a power that grants any desire, I'm paraphrasing I know, but the one power in Zelda that grants any desire is the Triforce. The Triforce exists before Skyward Sword just the Skyloftians don't look at it the same way that future Hylians do. I'm sure all of our answers will be revealed and the reason the Hylian Shield has the triforce on it will probably be a rather simple one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom