• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Name for the Nintendo WiiU

i have to go on record saying i strike any and all previous comments about the WiiU. I was misinformed. Thank you Nintendo.... thank you for focusing so much on the controller for your new console that you failed to illustrate that there actually is a new console behind it all. it was only upon further research that I realized its not just a tablet that connects to your Wii. even though it looks almost identical. I think this is what may be causing so much confusion and disdain towards the Nintendo WiiWheteveritsgonnabecalled. I offer my sincerest apology, for it is I who is the internet ******. my bad. for anyone who hasnt seen it and for those who are curious .... im not sure the rules for posting links (yeah, i didnt read any of that) but you can youtube Kotaku Goes Hands on with Wii U and see for yourself... again..im a butthole... my bad

alos leave Wii out of the name call it the Nintendo BadAss

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I really don't know. I think they should change it to prevent confusion for potential buyers.
Like, when I was trying to describe the WiiU to this kid a few years younger than me, he though I was talking about that UDraw tablet thing for the wii. The names are too similar and this would confuse people.
What they could change it to I'm not sure. I don't see a problem with having "wii" in the name. It worked for xbox and Playstation...
Just... not WiiU...

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't see a problem with having "wii" in the name. It worked for xbox and Playstation...
Just... not WiiU...

Um...no. The "XBOX" name is equivalent to the "Nintendo" name. Nintendo Wii, XBOX 360. It's the part after it that distinguishes it as a new console (aside from its new innovations and stuff).

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
Um...no. The "XBOX" name is equivalent to the "Nintendo" name. Nintendo Wii, XBOX 360. It's the part after it that distinguishes it as a new console (aside from its new innovations and stuff).

And by that logic the title for the newest Playstation is 3. Speaking of which I have to buy a new 3 game...

Wii can be in title, just like Xbox and Playstation, which are console titles... Wii 2 or even Wii U would distinguish a new console just like the Playstation 2 was distinguished from the Playstation and the Xbox 360 was distinguished from the Xbox. And I don't know what happened to my last comment, but it was highly sarcastic, bringing up the fact that people cannot like the name Wii without you telling them that they are "dead wrong."

Dan

I would like the wii u to have a different name for the reason that it just doesn't sound that great. I never liked the wii's name anyway.

As for its new name put super in the title like in the old days where so much stuff had super in front of it !
(Yeah i'm tired)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
And by that logic the title for the newest Playstation is 3. Speaking of which I have to buy a new 3 game...

LOL! Taking what I said out of context?...Cool. Keep it up bra.

And I don't know what happened to my last comment, but it was highly sarcastic, bringing up the fact that people cannot like the name Wii without you telling them that they are "dead wrong."

It was deleted due to pointlessness and the putting of the words of mouths that aren't yours...And yet, you keep doing it. Keep it up, because you aren't making any sense anymore.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
@Turo602

Umm ok I don't understand why you can't accept that some people like the name Wii. The Wii U is so much like the Wii! The Xbox 360, which retained the name Xbox, is completely different than the original, and when you look at the Wii and the Wii U, the similaries are astounding. So why shouldn't it have that in the title?

And in this thread, everyone who has said, "I think the Wii is a good name to keep using," you've shot them down in a pretty rude and mean way. Examples? LPZeldaGamer, Aultimaespada, Pinhead101, and myself. Heck, LPZeldaGamer even apologized for giving her opinion and asked you not to yell at her! My last post wasn't pointless, it was asking you to turn it down a bit...

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
@Turo602

Umm ok I don't understand why you can't accept that some people like the name Wii. The Wii U is so much like the Wii! The Xbox 360, which retained the name Xbox, is completely different than the original, and when you look at the Wii and the Wii U, the similaries are astounding. So why shouldn't it have that in the title?

And in this thread, everyone who has said, "I think the Wii is a good name to keep using," you've shot them down in a pretty rude and mean way. Examples? LPZeldaGamer, Aultimaespada, Pinhead101, and myself. Heck, LPZeldaGamer even apologized for giving her opinion and asked you not to yell at her! My last post wasn't pointless, it was asking you to turn it down a bit...

I'm done with you dude... You obviously don't get it. And no, you don't tell me what to do. Because you're the one in the wrong who continues to put words in my mouth. How about you try rereading what has been said.

You have been twisting everything I've said, ignored my points, sucked up to those I've argued against, and have just completely taken everything that I've been saying out of context.

Last edited:

Dan

Can't Wii all just get along?

i-see-what-you-did-there.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom