• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds New Main Villain?

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
The question of who this new Villain is. Think back to OOT or OOT3d and remember this quote "What a worthless creature that ghost was! I will banish it to the gap between dimensions" Well this gap between dimensions could be the very dark kingdom we been hearing about. Now look at on the top of his rod, it has very rainbowish color to it, looks familiar? Well if you think back to OOT there a move that phantom ganon can do, you know when his health is halved or less, he sometimes does another attack besides shooting an energy ball at Link:he twirls his staff a few times, letting off small magic sparks to show he's about to attack; he then charges at Link, you know this move
7_Phantom07_Large.jpg
So yeah, look like phantom ganon coming back. And I think it will be phantom ganon who will curse Link because who did the Zelda team get the ideal from. That's right this
Zelda+OoT+Dark+Horse+Gannon+Battle+Watermarked.jpg
Zelda-A-Link-Between-Worlds-09.jpg
I rest my case.

christewks

King of the Zoras
^that sounds like a very good idea
I personally think that this character is not a villain but a good guy(girl?) because he/she is the dark/anti gannondorf which makes him/her good. I think that in the beginning he/she will by trying to stop Hilda.(who I think is evil being the dark Zelda.) When link saves Hilda, because he knows she's the ruler of this realm and thinks she must have good intentions, he/she escapes capture and goes off some were for link to track down.(this involves a complicated plot but you should get the gist.)

I agree with JC regarding the comparison to Twinrova. That's what I immediately though of upon first seeing the villain. Not only are this new antagonist and Twinrova dressed in similar attire, but they also carry magical staffs. Since Link failed in his battle against Ganon to branch off into the Downfall Timeline, that means he had already Twinrova so perhaps Ganondorf used his body as a vessel for his surrogate mothers' upon reviving them. On the other hand, Koume and Kotaki appear as distinct individuals in OoX. If this character has something to do with Twinrova maybe this is explained in game.

Another thing I noticed about this character is the rich array of colors radiating from her (?) staff. This leads me to believe that Link was potentially cursed resulting in his painting form.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Triforce King said:
The question of who this new Villain is. Think back to OOT or OOT3d and remember this quote "What a worthless creature that ghost was! I will banish it to the gap between dimensions" Well this gap between dimensions could be the very dark kingdom we been hearing about.*
A gap between dimensions could refer to simply that empty space between two worlds - so it doesn't really relate to the Dark World. I think you could have strengthened that point if you were to mention the cracks in the overworld - these show the transition between Hyrule (Light World) and the Other World. This could very well be a gap between dimensions, I wouldn't say it's the Dark World/Other World though.

Triforce King said:
Now look at on the top of his rod, it has very rainbowish color to it, looks familiar? Well if you think back to OOT there a move that phantom ganon can do, you know when his health is halved or less, he sometimes does another attack besides shooting an energy ball at Link:he twirls his staff a few times, letting off small magic sparks to show he's about to attack; he then charges at Link, you know this move
This is a very weak connection in my opinion, many elements of magic in the series are showcased by a rainbow-like colour it isn't a direct connection between the two. I simply don't see this "villain" being Phantom Ganon - they look nothing alike and Phantom Ganon is simply a weaker version of Ganon himself, not a villain.

Salem

SICK
Phantom Ganon is simply a weaker version of Ganon himself, not a villain.
Phantom Ganon and Dark/Shadow Link are similar when you think about it, they aren't even "characters", they are a creations from magic to fulfil purposes, at least that's how I see them. I know that seems random of me, but I wanted to throw it out there sense it's kinda relevant.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
This is a very weak connection in my opinion, many elements of magic in the series are showcased by a rainbow-like colour it isn't a direct connection between the two. I simply don't see this "villain" being Phantom Ganon - they look nothing alike and Phantom Ganon is simply a weaker version of Ganon himself, not a villain.

Phantom Ganon and Dark/Shadow Link are similar when you think about it, they aren't even "characters", they are a creations from magic to fulfil purposes, at least that's how I see them. I know that seems random of me, but I wanted to throw it out there sense it's kinda relevant.

:facepalm: Games like WW, FSA, TP, and SS disagree. Phantom Ganon and Dark Link are villains, even if were spawned/summoned by magic, they are still villains. With Hilda obviously being Dark Zelda, hopefully this game will actually prove my point and Triforce King's case about Phantom Ganon and Dark Link being more than just what they been called by for years. With Dark Zelda confirmed and this gerudo guy being confirmed, I think the gerudo will be the defeated timeline's version of Phantom Ganon after being sent into oblivion. I think after that, since Ganon had his hands full this time around, he didn't have time to waste on bringing back Phantom Ganon, so this time, Phantom Ganon had to take of himself until he met up with the one responsible for the Dark Triforce's existence. What I'm saying here is that, it could be Dark Triforce piece of Destruction/Anarchy that gave him his new power and form as well as a real name of his own he would be recognized by. Plus to mention that Phantom Ganon is technically Dark Ganon. Correct? So, so far, we have Dark Zelda (Hilda) and Dark Ganon a.k.a Phantom Ganon (un-named gerudo guy). That just leaves, you guessed it, Dark Link. Since, Dark Zelda goes by Hilda which is alternative to Zelda, that would mean Dark Link would probably go by something like "Break" or something that makes more sense like "Jync" or "Jack" (as in Jack-o-Lantern or Jack in or out). Can only hope that I'm at least somewhat right.

Anyways that's all I have to say for now, I'm tired. :tired:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
:facepalm: Games like WW, FSA, TP, and SS disagree. Phantom Ganon and Dark Link are villains, even if were spawned/summoned by magic, they are still villains.
Well by definition they are, but we're talking within the realm of the series; usually a villain refers to the head figure of evil - we only use the term out of that context when a person takes on the role of a villain but is not the main threat... (e.g Zant or Ghirahim). So in this case, both are not villains of this context. Going by definition, you could basically say any boss of the series is a villain - this just confuses things further, that's why we typically use "villain" for the main threat or in some cases, sub-threat. Dark Link or Phantom Ganon don't play the typical role of a villain, they appear as bosses and have no in game character personas - of course you can speculate, but there game purpose is for them to be bosses, they are no more unless proven otherwise.

What I'm saying here is that, it could be Dark Triforce piece of Destruction/Anarchy that gave him his new power and form as well as a real name of his own he would be recognized by.
Wait you lost me, where have you got these terms from? We barley no anything on this supposed new Triforce.

Plus to mention that Phantom Ganon is technically Dark Ganon. Correct?
Wait you lost me again, Ganon himself can be taken for being a "Dark" being of sorts - why is Phantom Ganon a dark version of himself? Both have very similar visual similarities and colour schemes. Plus "Phantom" usually refers to a ghostly being or in some cases an illusion, I'm not seeing where you got that from so I'll have to disagree there.

VitaTempusN92

Well by definition they are, but we're talking within the realm of the series; usually a villain refers to the head figure of evil - we only use the term out of that context when a person takes on the role of a villain but is not the main threat... (e.g Zant or Ghirahim). So in this case, both are not villains of this context. Going by definition, you could basically say any boss of the series is a villain - this just confuses things further, that's why we typically use "villain" for the main threat or in some cases, sub-threat. Dark Link or Phantom Ganon don't play the typical role of a villain, they appear as bosses and have no in game character personas - of course you can speculate, but there game purpose is for them to be bosses, they are no more unless proven otherwise.

Wait you lost me, where have you got these terms from? We barley no anything on this supposed new Triforce.

Wait you lost me again, Ganon himself can be taken for being a "Dark" being of sorts - why is Phantom Ganon a dark version of himself? Both have very similar visual similarities and colour schemes. Plus "Phantom" usually refers to a ghostly being or in some cases an illusion, I'm not seeing where you got that from so I'll have to disagree there.

:facepalm: This is why I don't seem to even bother post any theory threads anymore. Ever since that one thread I posted, heck, ever since I joined here and started sharing my theories and opinions, you people have torn them apart and started this never ending series of arguments between me and you. Why can't ever say anything positive about our opinions for once? There have been things I've agreed with on but I just never told you. So why can't you ever agree with me on anything?

Anyways, about what you said, like what I said in my previous post TP again disagrees. Another thing that disagrees is religion. You've never heard of Satan have you? Satan is the name that a ruler or leader of all evil, in this case villains goes by. In religious terms known to most religious people, that would be Lucifer. In Zelda terms, most would probably say Ganon. Wrong. Ganon is an incarnation of Demise, who has this other name proven by a wiki site, "Death". In religious terms, Death is mostly only a follower of Satan. Now, who is Zelda's equivalent of Satan you ask? Good yet also a rhetorical question. You see, this is only just close to where TP comes in, I'll get to in several more sentences. How, you ask? Simple, you see, if Satan defines the ruler/leader of villains, what does that make the ruler/leader of heroes? Well, in religious terms, there is a section in the Bible known as "the New Testament" that talks about to the events of the God was here on earth as one us often known as Jesus Christ, who was often referred to as the "Savior" of that time and the eternal true "Savior" of all eternity. In case you are wondering, Savior is the exact opposite of Satan (Which does in fact mean ruling destroyer of domination, basically a one word name for evil's sovereign) as Savior stands for true hero or the ruler/leader of heroes. So now that you know that, now it's time that I that what exactly this has to do with TP. Do you remember Impaz, you know, the old lady who saved Ilia's life in the first place? Well, there was a scene in the game where she referred to Link as Hyrule's savior. You know what that means right? That's right, Dark Link is Hyrule's Satan.

Alright, now that I have that out of the way, now let's define what a villain and a hero are and they're differences, shall we? A villain is someone who terrorizes people while a hero is saves, serves, and protects people. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean they are the leader, that just means that a villain brings despair, anarchy, injustice, disorder, bondage, and terror as where a hero brings safety, justice, law, order, freedom, and prosperity. As I've explained, the leading villain is always Satan even if he/she doesn't show him/herself sometimes as where a leading hero/heroine is a savior even if or when he/she is not around or available at the moment or place.

Also, about the "new" Triforce, I think, no, I know it should be obvious by now that it is the "Dark Triforce", "Cursed Triforce", "Shadow Triforce", whatever you want to call it, same kind of thing. It's also obvious that there will be wielders of this "Dark Triforce" as it was confirmed by Nintendo by them showing off Hilda (Again Dark Zelda) and that gerudo guy who I still think is Phantom Ganon, that Twinrova theory doesn't make sense. Although, while, it's possible they may be responsible for his new look and name, but I kinda doubt since they mostly only loyal to their actual son himself, who at this point, Phantom Ganon would hate and despise for leaving him behind and as far as I know, Twinrova would be against those types of guys.

Speaking of Ganon, you mentioned how he was already of darkness, right? While that is true, you should also know that his body/vessel is actually of light as well his very being, since he is an incarnation of Death(in Zelda terms, Demise) A.K.A Apollyon the fallen(in this case means former) angel of death who was once of light but always stood for darkness and death as that was always his specialty so therefore as Death/Demise his more of "Dark Light" or "Corrupt Light" rather than just pure darkness. I mean, I guess you can say that on the defeated timeline, in a way, Ganondorf true became of pure darkness, in which in this case would make the Phantom Ganon of that timeline more of an Anti-Ganon rather than Dark Ganon.

Also, Phantom Ganon can't be an illusion if he can make illusions of himself, an illusion can't make another illusion. Now the Phantom Ganons that Ganon would summon in the horseback phase of the final boss battle of TP, they are illusions.

Also, like Triforce King said, that gerudo guy does make sense to be Phantom Ganon for two reasons:

1) Phantom Ganon has waited years to years to get his revenge on the hero's kind as it is.

2) Link is cursed into a painting and one Phantom Ganon's abilities is to become part of a painting or to become a painting on a wall. Let alone the fact it was Phantom Ganon's ability that inspired the idea.

Plus to mention that the gerudo guy looks a looks alot like a scrawny Ganon clone, but with resemblances to Ghirahim (who was also a tool of the Demon King :dry:). Also, his staff looks like a big magical paint brush, at least at the end of the staff anyways. Let alone the fact the weapon Phantom Ganon used was a trident which is indeed in the staff weapon family. Plus to mention he kinda treated that trident like it was a paint brush of death. He basically seems like a guy who is really obsessed with artwork. much like how Ganon really likes music, especially his own theme.

Anyways, that's all I have to say for now, I'm tired. :tired:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
:facepalm: This is why I don't seem to even bother post any theory threads anymore. Ever since that one thread I posted, heck, ever since I joined here and started sharing my theories and opinions, you people have torn them apart and started this never ending series of arguments between me and you. Why can't ever say anything positive about our opinions for once? There have been things I've agreed with on but I just never told you. So why can't you ever agree with me on anything?
Theories are presented for one reason; to be critiqued, why else would you post them? The whole point for that section and Zelda Theory in general is to civilly speculate among each other. I think your taking the tone of my post entirely wrong, I'm not dissing your post in any fashion, in fact I admire the effort you put into your theories, they are very interesting to read, which is why I like to respond to them.

The only general gripe I have with them is that they are based a lot on speculation. Now I don't want to be a bore and dismantle every theory, but I like to think theories should be backed up with evidence - probably 70% evidence combined with 30% speculation... (of course they are all rough figures but you get my point.

VitaTempusN92 said:
Anyways, about what you said, like what I said in my previous post TP again disagrees. Another thing that disagrees is religion. You've never heard of Satan have you? Satan is the name that a ruler or leader of all evil, in this case villains goes by. In religious terms known to most religious people, that would be Lucifer. In Zelda terms, most would probably say Ganon. Wrong. Ganon is an incarnation of Demise, who has this other name proven by a wiki site, "Death". In religious terms, Death is mostly only a follower of Satan. Now, who is Zelda's equivalent of Satan you ask? Good yet also a rhetorical question. You see, this is only just close to where TP comes in, I'll get to in several more sentences. How, you ask? Simple, you see, if Satan defines the ruler/leader of villains, what does that make the ruler/leader of heroes? Well, in religious terms, there is a section in the Bible known as "the New Testament" that talks about to the events of the God was here on earth as one us often known as Jesus Christ, who was often referred to as the "Savior" of that time and the eternal true "Savior" of all eternity. In case you are wondering, Savior is the exact opposite of Satan (Which does in fact mean ruling destroyer of domination, basically a one word name for evil's sovereign) as Savior stands for true hero or the ruler/leader of heroes. So now that you know that, now it's time that I that what exactly this has to do with TP. Do you remember Impaz, you know, the old lady who saved Ilia's life in the first place? Well, there was a scene in the game where she referred to Link as Hyrule's savior. You know what that means right? That's right, Dark Link is Hyrule's Satan.
What does this have to do with the terminology that we have adopted for naming villains in the Zelda series?

VitaTempusN92 said:
Alright, now that I have that out of the way, now let's define what a villain and a hero are and they're differences, shall we? A villain is someone who terrorizes people while a hero is saves, serves, and protects people. Now, that doesn't necessarily mean they are the leader, that just means that a villain brings despair, anarchy, injustice, disorder, bondage, and terror as where a hero brings safety, justice, law, order, freedom, and prosperity. As I've explained, the leading villain is always Satan even if he/she doesn't show him/herself sometimes as where a leading hero/heroine is a savior even if or when he/she is not around or available at the moment or place.
So if we're going by that logic then every boss, or enemy for that matter, is a villain. I acknowledged the actual definition of a villain, but we typically use the term villain to describe the main source of evil in said game.

VitaTempusN92 said:
Also, about the "new" Triforce, I think, no, I know it should be obvious by now that it is the "Dark Triforce", "Cursed Triforce", "Shadow Triforce", whatever you want to call it, same kind of thing.
I was referring to it as "new" simply because we haven't because this is the first we have seen of it, officially anyway...

VitaTempusN92 said:
also obvious that there will be wielders of this "Dark Triforce" as it was confirmed by Nintendo by them showing off Hilda (Again Dark Zelda) and that gerudo guy who I still think is Phantom Ganon, that Twinrova theory doesn't make sense. Although, while, it's possible they may be responsible for his new look and name, but I kinda doubt since they mostly only loyal to their actual son himself, who at this point, Phantom Ganon would hate and despise for leaving him behind and as far as I know, Twinrova would be against those types of guys.
See this is what I don't get, you seem to be mad at me for simply trying to disprove your theory while you mention mine as "that doesn't make sense". Well this is the whole point of theorising? Why do you think that? Etcetera. Also the Twinrova theory was an initial hunch, I still firmly believe that this figure is Agahnim.

VitaTempusN92 said:
Speaking of Ganon, you mentioned how he was already of darkness, right? While that is true, you should also know that his body/vessel is actually of light as well his very being, since he is an incarnation of Death(in Zelda terms, Demise) A.K.A Apollyon the fallen(in this case means former) angel of death who was once of light but always stood for darkness and death as that was always his specialty so therefore as Death/Demise his more of "Dark Light" or "Corrupt Light" rather than just pure darkness. I mean, I guess you can say that on the defeated timeline, in a way, Ganondorf true became of pure darkness, in which in this case would make the Phantom Ganon of that timeline more of an Anti-Ganon rather than Dark Ganon.
I get where you're coming form in regards to Demise simply being "Death" as in the physical manisfesaitonu, but he is more so hatred in it's purest form, which is an entirely different concept. Also Zelda mythology differs to a lot of other mythology that you seem to make references to. Plus, how does Phantom Ganon in any way refer to an Anit Ganon? "Phantom" refers to a ghostly being or an illusion, both of which don't relate to evil counterparts, explain how you made the connection there.

VitaTempusN92 said:
2) Link is cursed into a painting and one Phantom Ganon's abilities is to become part of a painting or to become a painting on a wall. Let alone the fact it was Phantom Ganon's ability that inspired the idea.
While that's actually a good point, Link seems to replicate a hieroglyphic rather than an actual painting - look at The Wind Waker's intro fro an example.

---

It's an interesting possibility of course, but it seems to rely on too much and very vague connections. Personally I see this figure as the full revealing of Agahnim:
- Similar robe
- Similar colour scheme (purple and red)
- Both are wielders of magic
- Similar skin tone
- Hand/claws bear a striking resemblance to one another
- Similar footwear (kinda weak, but it's still something to consider)
- Main Point - Agahnim was Ganon's alter ego, the Dark World/Other World is known as the alter ego to Hyrule. Plus Agahnim never actually died he collapsed before Ganon revealed himself faintly.

I could be wrong, who knows? But that's the whole point of theorising :P

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Wow VitaTempusN92 thanks for sticking up for me:yes: Well I'm just saying justac00lguy, its a strong possibility that Phantom Ganon could be very involved in this story. It's a good chance for the Zelda team to do something new with the characters for once. To flesh out a character even further.

VitaTempusN92

See this is what I don't get, you seem to be mad at me for simply trying to disprove your theory while you mention mine as "that doesn't make sense". Well this is the whole point of theorising? Why do you think that? Etcetera. Also the Twinrova theory was an initial hunch, I still firmly believe that this figure is Agahnim.

I get where you're coming form in regards to Demise simply being "Death" as in the physical manisfesaitonu, but he is more so hatred in it's purest form, which is an entirely different concept. Also Zelda mythology differs to a lot of other mythology that you seem to make references to. Plus, how does Phantom Ganon in any way refer to an Anit Ganon? "Phantom" refers to a ghostly being or an illusion, both of which don't relate to evil counterparts, explain how you made the connection there.

While that's actually a good point, Link seems to replicate a hieroglyphic rather than an actual painting - look at The Wind Waker's intro fro an example.

---

It's an interesting possibility of course, but it seems to rely on too much and very vague connections. Personally I see this figure as the full revealing of Agahnim:
- Similar robe
- Similar colour scheme (purple and red)
- Both are wielders of magic
- Similar skin tone
- Hand/claws bear a striking resemblance to one another
- Similar footwear (kinda weak, but it's still something to consider)
- Main Point - Agahnim was Ganon's alter ego, the Dark World/Other World is known as the alter ego to Hyrule. Plus Agahnim never actually died he collapsed before Ganon revealed himself faintly.

I could be wrong, who knows? But that's the whole point of theorising :P

Okay:

1) I said your theory doesn't sense not because I didn't like it or out of anger. I actually like your theory, this reason why I said it didn't make sense is because for one, Ganon is the wielder of a Light Triforce piece not a Dark piece. Second of all, why would Twinrova accept bearing of a Dark Triforce piece and become the alternative to her own son?

2) :facepalm: Didn't I just explain this already in my previous post or did you not that part? I said that Phantom Ganon can't be an illusion if he can create illusions of himself. An illusion can't create another illusion, especially of itself. Only a physical being can create illusions of him/herself.

3) Okay, I honestly don't see that much resemblance between these two:

Dark-Character-537x640.jpg

3r_agahnim.jpg

Facial wise, he looks more like Ganondorf, especially with that long nose. However, Ganondorf probably won't even be in the game. Hmm. Also, Agahnim never uses a staff. Who else uses staff-like object other than Ganon that is male and resembles Ganon? That's right, Phantom Ganon. Another thing to note is this gerudo guy's outfit's dominant color (the color that is most seen) is black. Agahnim doesn't wear black, Phantom Ganon does.

4) Take another the gerudo guy again, does that looks like the same tone or shade of blue to you? Not to me it doesn't.

5) Yes, I know that, however, I don't think you realize that in the way, so was Phantom Ganon.

6) The Main Point: Phantom Ganon is clearly obsessed with artwork and paintings, the gerudo guy is obsessed with art. Plus, it would make sense for Phantom Ganon to appear to that way after being massacred by the Hero of Time and ditched off into the oblivion between worlds by Ganon to suffer for hundreds of years (in the defeated timeline anyways, since Ganon does give him another chance in the adult timeline).

Wow VitaTempusN92 thanks for sticking up for me:yes: Well I'm just saying justac00lguy, its a strong possibility that Phantom Ganon could be very involved in this story. It's a good chance for the Zelda team to do something new with the characters for once. To flesh out a character even further.

You're welcome. Also you make yet another point. I agree with you there. I really do think it think it's a good chance for the Zelda team give these villains (who have left in the cold darkness for so long) the more character development and roles that long awaited them since their first appearances, debut, and introduction to the franchise. So far, Hilda is already obviously confirmed as Dark Zelda. Can only hope that the gerudo guy is Phantom Ganon but also with a new name and that Dark Link makes an appearance too, again, also with a new name.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Okay:

1) I said your theory doesn't sense not because I didn't like it or out of anger. I actually like your theory, this reason why I said it didn't make sense is because for one, Ganon is the wielder of a Light Triforce piece not a Dark piece. Second of all, why would Twinrova accept bearing of a Dark Triforce piece and become the alternative to her own son?
I was more so on about that you were contradictory in you being mad about me analysing your theory while you simply stated that mine doesn't make sense without explaining why...

Anyway, the theory isn't that strong but the similarities are there. In reference to what you said: We don't even know for sure if this figure wields this supposed dark Triforce - let not jump to conclusions here. However, my somewhat of a theory on this being Twinrova was my initial thoughts, I'm still pretty certain this is Agahnim.

VitaTempusN92 said:
2) :facepalm: Didn't I just explain this already in my previous post or did you not that part? I said that Phantom Ganon can't be an illusion if he can create illusions of himself. An illusion can't create another illusion, especially of itself. Only a physical being can create illusions of him/herself.
I didn't state that Phantom Ganon was an illusion - that was in reference to the actual definition of a Phantom. My point still stands; how is Phantom Ganon a darker version of Ganon? I think you're assuming too much there to support your theory.

VitaTempusN92 said:
Facial wise, he looks more like Ganondorf, especially with that long nose.
Agahnim's face hasn't fully been revealed as of yet, and yes it resembles Ganon, more so. However, concept art changes... Agahnim, in that specific picture, is an alternate form to Beast Ganon - while the unknown figure seems to resemble the more modern Ganondorf designs. Also, if you were to look at Phantom Ganon himself, then we're are the facial similarities there?

VitaTempusN92 said:
However, Ganondorf probably won't even be in the game. Hmm. Also, Agahnim never uses a staff. Who else uses staff-like object other than Ganon that is male and resembles Ganon? That's right, Phantom Ganon.
Good point, but the item showcased in the picture seems to stand out, they it may be some sort of important weapon in that specific game, we know that villains don't all carry the same weapon. Also, I can think of several characters who wield a staff, that doesn't mean they are one of the same because they utilise a similar weapon.

VitaTempusN92 said:
Another thing to note is this gerudo guy's outfit's dominant color (the color that is most seen) is black. Agahnim doesn't wear black, Phantom Ganon does.
If you look closely you can see that the black-like colour is simply a shadow - a darker shade of purple.

VitaTempusN92 said:
4) Take another the gerudo guy again, does that looks like the same tone or shade of blue to you? Not to me it doesn't.
Well for one, Beast Ganon was typically a stand-out blue colour; however, in later games he follows the same colour scheme as his Ganondorf form.... My point being that concept art changes of 20 or so years. However, I was speaking specifically of the hand/claw region, you can't say they don't look rather similar.

VitaTempusN92 said:
6) The Main Point: Phantom Ganon is clearly obsessed with artwork and paintings, the gerudo guy is obsessed with art.
Wait... How do you even know this? This is what I mean, it's fine to speculate but if you're wanting to make your theory believable then back it up with some kind of evidence. For now, we don't know this figure's name, origins, intentions, powers etc. Plus it's a bold statement to say Phantom Ganon is obsessed with paintings. He is a "Phantom", phantoms and demons can typically take on other physical forms, a painting simply being one. In fact, paintings were a theme throughout the Forest Temple... The Poes used paintings, does that mean they're obsessed? It was an attack, I think you're looking to deeply - paintings seemed to be a theme through the dungeon, honestly just because he used it as one of his attacks it doesn't mean he is obsessed.

VitaTempusN92 said:
Plus, it would make sense for Phantom Ganon to appear to that way after being massacred by the Hero of Time and ditched off into the oblivion between worlds by Ganon to suffer for hundreds of years (in the defeated timeline anyways, since Ganon does give him another chance in the adult timeline).
Yes, but I see Phantom Ganon as I lifeless physical form of Ganondorf - think of Phantom Zant... Does this mean that Phantom Zant is still alive and looking for Link? I highly doubt it. I think you're grasping on to straws here, Phantom Ganon is nothing more than what he is, a boss.

Phantom Ganon isn't a character though, he is a boss, the Zelda remake could potentially expand on any popular boss in the series if they wanted to.

Last edited:

VitaTempusN92

I was more so on about that you were contradictory in you being mad about me analysing your theory while you simply stated that mine doesn't make sense without explaining why...

Anyway, the theory isn't that strong but the similarities are there. In reference to what you said: We don't even know for sure if this figure wields this supposed dark Triforce - let not jump to conclusions here. However, my somewhat of a theory on this being Twinrova was my initial thoughts, I'm still pretty certain this is Agahnim.

I didn't state that Phantom Ganon was an illusion - that was in reference to the actual definition of a Phantom. My point still stands; how is Phantom Ganon a darker version of Ganon? I think you're assuming too much there to support your theory.

Agahnim's face hasn't fully been revealed as of yet, and yes it resembles Ganon, more so. However, concept art changes... Agahnim, in that specific picture, is an alternate form to Beast Ganon - while the unknown figure seems to resemble the more modern Ganondorf designs. Also, if you were to look at Phantom Ganon himself, then we're are the facial similarities there?

Good point, but the item showcased in the picture seems to stand out, they it may be some sort of important weapon in that specific game, we know that villains don't all carry the same weapon. Also, I can think of several characters who wield a staff, that doesn't mean they are one of the same because they utilise a similar weapon.

If you look closely you can see that the black-like colour is simply a shadow - a darker shade of purple.

Well for one, Beast Ganon was typically a stand-out blue colour; however, in later games he follows the same colour scheme as his Ganondorf form.... My point being that concept art changes of 20 or so years. However, I was speaking specifically of the hand/claw region, you can't say they don't look rather similar.

Wait... How do you even know this? This is what I mean, it's fine to speculate but if you're wanting to make your theory believable then back it up with some kind of evidence. For now, we don't know this figure's name, origins, intentions, powers etc. Plus it's a bold statement to say Phantom Ganon is obsessed with paintings. He is a "Phantom", phantoms and demons can typically take on other physical forms, a painting simply being one. In fact, paintings were a theme throughout the Forest Temple... The Poes used paintings, does that mean they're obsessed? It was an attack, I think you're looking to deeply - paintings seemed to be a theme through the dungeon, honestly just because he used it as one of his attacks it doesn't mean he is obsessed.

Yes, but I see Phantom Ganon as I lifeless physical form of Ganondorf - think of Phantom Zant... Does this mean that Phantom Zant is still alive and looking for Link? I highly doubt it. I think you're grasping on to straws here, Phantom Ganon is nothing more than what he is, a boss.

Phantom Ganon isn't a character though, he is a boss, the Zelda remake could potentially expand on any popular boss in the series if they wanted to.

Maybe Agahnim this whole time could actually be Phantom Ganon. Maybe we're both wrong or somehow both right in unknown ways, I don't know. We just don't know, we'll just have to wait until next month to find out. Otherwise, we could be having this never ending argument over something that for all we know may not even have that much to do with what exactly we are talking about in supposed relation to that something, then the argument would end up being for nothing. This I why I've decided not to post theories on here anymore, especially theories in regard of a game that any of us hasn't even played the full play-through of.

Salem

SICK
Otherwise, we could be having this never ending argument over something that for all we know may not even have that much to do with what exactly we are talking about in supposed relation to that something, then the argument would end up being for nothing.
, No, not for nothing, these arguments are the whole fun of forums, we're not here to be right necessarily, we're here to have fun talking about a video game series we like and theorise/speculate about various random things in it. Even if we're wrong, so what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom