• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Genre Uprising - Dubstep (What Do You Think of It?)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Recently a friend on the forums told me of a new musical genre that's been rising in popularity. It's called dubstep, and almosts sounds like a techno/rap/rock combination, to me at least. Of late I've been listening to it more often and trying to find all the artists who do it. In case of none of you have heard of it, here is a sample link: [video=youtube;PEbJ4qLiMu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEbJ4qLiMu0[/video]

Please let me know what you think of it, if it deserves to be the "next big thing," or what you don't like about it. I just want to get it out there.

The only dubsteb I really liked was Get Up by Korn and Skrillex.
Warning: Swearing.
[video=youtube;pI0Kwutugeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0Kwutugeg&ob=av2e[/video]

My friends got me hooked on Dubstep about a month ago. It's so creative, and the sounds that can be produced are beyond me! That being said, for every one great dub step, there's about 5 terrible ones. Dubstep is very subjective, but it's still very enjoyable nonetheless.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I hate rap and find most electronica extremely annoying. I'm more of a rock/metal/jazz/classical guy. So I probably can't fairly judge this but...well....

It sounds like more pop tripe. Its sound is basically made up of everything I can't stand in music. Does that mean it's bad? Not necessarily. I haven't heard enough, though I have heard a few dubstep songs.

It's no more impenetrable or silly than most electronica or rap is to me, though. And I have no idea what's any different about it when compared to other electronic music.

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
I've been listening to dubstep for a while now and I love it. c:
I noticed how many people are listening to it. o.o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom