• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time New, Different OoT 3DS Screenshots

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
3dsbattle2.png

3dsdodongo3.png

3dsgreatfairy2.png

3dszoradomain2.png

3dsshiek3.png

3dsshiek4.png

any thought's on the new graphics? one thing I couldn't help but notice was the great fairy...
and the pedestal behind Sheik.

I reuploaded them in better quality...

Last edited:
The pedestal is the one you are teleported too with the forest ocarina song, isn't it? I think that's what it is, anyway...

And I'm not too fond of the fact they kept the Great Fairy design, but at least they, um, smoothed it out.

Also, you can see little Zora's off in the distance in the Domain screenshot. Oh and Link's hat appears to have physics too.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Hmm, Link's hat looks a bit like in Wind Waker and it also seems to work like that when he runs around (there was a Japanese gameplay video on Youtube where you could see that). And the background of the Secret Forest Meadow looks interesting too, the lighting looks better than in the original, so maybe instead of using textures for "walls", there will be real background rendering in many areas? That'd be sweet and seems very likely because the 3DS's graphical chip is supposedely stronger than the N64 one (200 MHz vs. 62,5 MHz for the raw speed)

Pikacondon

Title.
The fairy's always gonna be butt-ugly(obviously) but the graphic upgrades make everything else look better! thanks for showing us those pictures Raven!

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
The way Sheik looks is definitely the best thing I can see about this; it's great to know that they haven't made Sheik look like the SSBB version, and I think that decision preserves an important part of the plot.
At least the Great Fairies don't look like they can put eyes out with their body parts anymore. o_O They still look pretty creepy, though. The deciding factor is probably whether or not they changed that Godawful sound they make when they appear.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
This really looks awesome. Yes the fairies are really ehm creepy bot they kept at least the same fairies and didn't change it too much. Sheik looks great! Things do look a lot more smoother now :)

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Well, about time they fixed the great fairy am I right? Well the game as always nintendo has me smiling at the game as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom