• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds New Artwork. (Dark Link Confirmed!)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I hate to say I told you so but..... BAM MO FO's I TOLD YOU SO!

96811_CTRP_BZL_char01_4_R_ad.jpg

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Dark Link is Confirmed!

Hey everyone, Vita here with news. Lately, people have been questioning whether or not Dark Link will be in ALBW. Well, today, there some good news for Dark Link fans and bad news for Dark Link haters.

96811_CTRP_BZL_char01_4_R_ad-640x591.jpg

Ta da daa daaa! He is FINALLY confirmed! Now we just to wait until the game's release to see what role he will play. Hopefully he has a bigger role this time even if he's just a side villain in this game, just as long as his role in this game is BIGGER than previous games. Only downside to that possibility is that he doesn't appear to be Lorule's Link, unless if it's his ghost or shadow form/mode or something. Still, I pray to God and hope this isn't just another teasing "just a shadow of Link" thing again, I'm tired of that, it's time that Nintendo should give him more character this time, even he just makes a small appearance, it should hint at a possible sequel.

Well anyways, thoughts?

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
LOL im so happy you seen this Vita, we already talked about this, i remember saying to you after you said you doubt he's in it, "It's very likely as the setup plot is perfect for his return".

I promise im not just throwing it in your face, just think its funny we had just talked about this last week and here it is.

As far as you character background though, I had just posted something in the "surprise at the beginning" thread that it would be cool if Dark Link were the Link from ALttP due to my theory on Links wish! check it out for yourself. actually here i will quote myself really quick for you. this is exciting stuff!

I guess the only way to argue your statement would be.... What if after making the Wish and returning everything back to normal one of two things happened!

1)when making the wish to return everything back to the way it was before ganon took control of the Sacred realm, instead of healing the land, the triforce simply took you back in time Before the events of ALttP so really we would be playing in the same timeframe of ALttP, meaning the wish backfired on him, as if his actions/heroics never happened, that could cause some resentment turning Link Bitter, and with the time paradox there are now two links, The link we play as, and the Link from ALttP who is Bitter!

But more importantly:
2)when link made the wish to return everything back to the way it was, that would mean the gateway between worlds would be sealed again, Leaving the Link from ALttP "Stuck" in the Sacred Realm, where everything he did for the light world would be just that, "For the Light World" where he would not be able to return home to see the results of what he worked so hard for! Again causing resentment, and by the time ALBW happens he is a "Dark Hero" of Lorule..... now that im thinking about it, Maybe he crated Lorule. This is Completely Far Fetched, but in my mind, the theory Hold weight!

theory #2 being more what you are looking for Hmm? what you think Vita?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'm actually really excited about this!
However, I'm not sure how likely it is that Nintendo will develop a character for dark Link

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
However, I'm not sure how likely it is that Nintendo will develop a character for dark Link

Im pretty sure most of us here agree with you, but its nice to have hope. But at the same time you have people who want Dark Link to have a backstory or any story at all, then you have people who want Dark Link to remain as the Mystery he is. Then you got people who are just haters and tired of people crying for Dark Link making them in turn resent him all together

Me on the other hand, is a hybrid of sorts with the first two options. I dont care what they do with Dark Link, Just do something and put him in more games! I <3 doppelganger type characters as i have mentioned before, like Nega-Duck from Darkwing Duck.

Salem

SICK
Boy, what Nintendo WON'T keep as a secret for this game? It seems as though a lot of things have been spoiled about it.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
This is one of the few times I am for the return of Dark Link. It seems like the perfect opportunity to make Dark Link an actual character instead of a mere shadow, simply because of the whole Hyrule/Lorule scenario. I am excited to see what they do with him.

Though, I am disappointed that they confirmed him, let alone showed pics. I would have preferred if this was a surprise, but I'm happy nonetheless! :)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
(same response I posted in the other thread)

This is one of the few times I am for the return of Dark Link. It seems like the perfect opportunity to make Dark Link an actual character instead of a mere shadow, simply because of the whole Hyrule/Lorule scenario. I am excited to see what they do with him.

Though, I am disappointed that they confirmed him, let alone showed pics. I would have preferred if this was a surprise, but I'm happy nonetheless! :)

Salem

SICK
Im pretty sure most of us here agree with you, but its nice to have hope. But at the same time you have people who want Dark Link to have a backstory or any story at all, then you have people who want Dark Link to remain as the Mystery he is.
Have you seen FSA?Tthere was lots of Shadow Links in it. To me that's way more fun that having just one with a "developed" backstory and whatnot.

I wish they add a whole army of Dark Links. Imagine that.:)

Then you got people who are just haters and tired of people crying for Dark Link making them in turn resent him all together
Am I included in that "category" of Dark Link's haters? :O Because I really don't hate Dark Link.

Me on the other hand, is a hybrid of sorts with the first two options. I dont care what they do with Dark Link, Just do something and put him in more games! I <3 doppelganger type characters as i have mentioned before, like Nega-Duck from Darkwing Duck.
I like the fact that Nega-Duck wasn't overused in that show, he appears in a few episodes, he's usually awesome in them and that's it.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
@snakeoiltanker very true. I'm excited to see what they do with this Dark Link. I'm sure I'd be happy with whatever Nintendo gives us either way

Yes I hoped that dark link would return, there are so many ways for it to happen, I hope they give him more of an origin this time as I want to know if he's links alternate or a magical creation, but either way the odds of Dark Link were pretty good but after a little thinking there is little evidence and a picture is no guaranty though it does give me hope of a return

I'm becoming more and more excited with each week and I'm already extremely excited, my excitement is off the charts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom