• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nayru and Din

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I am a bit curious about something. Do Din & Nayru in the oracle games have any connection with the godesses in OoT, the ones creating the world etc. Are they maybe the same? I doubt it even though Din & Nayru are quite powerful in oracles too.

Can somebody help me and make me wiser?

Din, Nayru, and even Farore are all Oracles in the oracle series. In OoT, they are mentioned as the three goddesses who created Hyrule/the world. They are also in Minish Cap in the hotel, looking for a place to live. In MC, they resembled their designs in the Oracle games, but didn't have any major significance to the game itself.

But back on topic, though it has never been confirmed we can pretty much assume that the Oracles were the human versions of the three goddesses. Simply because they are, in fact, oracles. When we look at the definition of an oracle, we find things like "A person, such as a priestess, through whom a deity is held to respond when consulte", and "A person considered to be a source of wise counsel or prophetic opinions" (http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/oracle).

So basically they are sorta like the pope; the closest things to God of any other being. I see it like they were born resembling what the three goddesses would have looked like if they were in fact human, given the names of the three goddesses, and are unconsciously controlled by those goddesses. Like if they were reborn in human form. This is kinda like in Ocarina of Time, how the Sages had to awaken as Sages, for they had no idea prior to those events that they were even Sages or of any holy importance.

What Dark_link01 said there makes the most sense, I think. Also, Nayru being the Oracle of Ages supports the theory of the Goddess Nayru being the Goddess of time.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Nayru and Din(and Farore, wich is also in the games, inside the Maku tree and is called the oracle of secrets) are named after the goddesses, probably cause their parents already knew they were destined to be the Oracles or some stuff like that,... This is supported by their figurines in MC, where they state that they are descended from a long line of Oracles

Z

ZeroJinKui

the oracles are basically the avatars of the goddesses.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
either that, or they were named after the goddesses in sign of respect for the deities...Also, a little off topic, I don't think that the fact that the Oracles appear in MC breaks the fact that MC is the first in the timeline...
Since there is a whole family of oracles or so it seems that they are all descended from their predecessor

Kybyrian

Yes, Din and Nayru in the Oracle games are the same as the goddesses mentioned in other games. Farore is also in there as the Oracle of Secrets.

Yes, Din and Nayru in the Oracle games are the same as the goddesses mentioned in other games. Farore is also in there as the Oracle of Secrets.

Thats one thing about the Oracle games that always kinda bothered me. Originally, they planned to release 3 games, but it became too difficult so they went with two. Seeing as how the two they released were the Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, those two things seem pretty important. Weather and Time, or Nature and Time, either works basically for Seasons.

But secrets? Thats definitely a "filler" plot for Farore. You know they had to have had something better planned than Oracle of Secrets. You couldn't base a game solely on secrets. I think it was called something like Mystical Seed of Courage. I wonder what element they would have based the Farore game off of.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Mystical seed of courage was the japanese name... each oracle game in japanese is called "mystical seed of[insert triforce part name here,that corresponds with the goddess that shares a name with the main oracle of the game]

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I do not think they are the same as the goddesses. I think, as was said, that they are avatars or earthly representatives, but more like servants of the Goddesses, chosen soothsayers and people entrusted with some of their powers.

I tend to think of the Goddesses as being more mysterious - and more powerful. I mean, Veran posssessed the Oracle Nayru - somehow, I dought that would happen to a powerful creator goddess. Also, Ralph (a regular human) talks of being friends with Nayru since childhood - not something that could have happened between him and one of the three entities that created the world.

In addition to all that, Farore got ripped. I don't like to think of the oracle as being the all-powerful Goddess of Courage and Link's patron when she's... got a desk job? As the Oracle of Secrets? Yes, she got ripped off by Nintendo/Capcom there.

octorok74

TETTAC
It could be that the oracles are the decendents of the goddess'. Or maybe the oracles were formed from the spells learned in OOT. Just a thought on the second one.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It is not ever mentioned that the Goddesses procriated, or that even are able to breed.
It is most likely that they were named after the goddesses in some sort of homage

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom