• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Navi Annoying?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The biggest problem I had with Navi was that she interrupted at the most annoying of times. Like for example, I'm just about to go to the Fire Temple. I warp into the crater, Navi hasn't said a word yet. I want to look around a little first so I do up C to go into first person view. Right before I press up, Navi decides to annoy me by speaking up at that exact moment.

Navi: "Let's go check that ominous cloud over Death Mountain!"
Me: "What do you think I'm doing in the Death Mountain Crater you blind flying ball of sparkles?!"

I can't help but marvel at her obliviousness sometimes.

The biggest problem I had with Navi was that she interrupted at the most annoying of times. Like for example, I'm just about to go to the Fire Temple. I warp into the crater, Navi hasn't said a word yet. I want to look around a little first so I do up C to go into first person view. Right before I press up, Navi decides to annoy me by speaking up at that exact moment.

Navi: "Let's go check that ominous cloud over Death Mountain!"
Me: "What do you think I'm doing in the Death Mountain Crater you blind flying ball of sparkles?!"

I can't help but marvel at her obliviousness sometimes.

Yeah I've had her do similar things lots of times. I'm just doing a little mask stuff so I can do it now rather than later, she doesn't bug me then, but as soon as I get the skull mask and make my way to the Lost Woods, HEY! WHAT!!! What do you think Saria--WHERE DO YOU THINK I'M GOING YOU ANNOYING PIECE OF DUST?

*ahem*

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Navi never bothered me. The only thing she does that's annoying is when she makes you listen to gameplay controls, but my first time through that was extremely helpful.

Austin

Austin
After playing through OoT a second time she really got on my nerves. "Look, there are arrows on the floor!" "This hallway is all twisty!". Does Nintendo really have such low expectations of my intelligence?

09MurphyM

I've played through the game several times, and i have no problem with navi at all.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Navi is the most annoying creature in all of Zelda. Period. xD
Naah, I'm just joking... sort of.

Now, this is coming from someone who beat WW and TP before OoT, even though I had played OoT and MM as a child (never beat them, though). I had never noticed how useless she is if you're not a novice gamer. If you're someone new to Zelda/OoT, she's very insightful; as she knows everything about enemies/bosses, which comes in handy, even for people who have played the game before and completed it. Navi isn't completely useless after all! <sarcasim> Her habit of automatically telling you the secret of a puzzle is also great! </sarcasim> THANK YOU NAVI, for completing the Deku Tree for me. D| -grumble- always frickin' telling me how to open doors...

AHEM.
In any respect...
I < 3 Navi simply because she's adorible and gives me comic relief, even if she's being serious. : D
I also love her because she was helpful in my humble beginnings as a Zelda gamer, and now makes me laugh at how oblivious she is.
Plus, she's not mean to Link and doesn't push him around like some OTHER fairy we know... -kicks Tatl- ;D

A

Alpha Matt

Zelda Ocarina of Time U
Skip all Text:
D01C84B5 0000
801D8328 0002

Note: for project 64 1.6 or 1.6 on regular rom (not Debug rom)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom